What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, it turned out great. Any smaller of a tile and it wouldn't have looked right. The tiles have texture which looks better than smooth and shiney.
The bar will have a raised seating platform for 4 bar stools that he bought from a local bar that closed down 20 years ago. He also has a corner seat from a restaurant that going to be diamond pleated in red and white.

Attachments

• 15995798451003174933770757007198.jpg
    15995798451003174933770757007198.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 15
51 and 81 today. Still just as smokey and tiny ash floating about. The wind is supposed to shift normal tomorrow, coming from the West, so that will blow the smoke back where it came from.

Getting ready for camping next week 4 hours to Potter County in northern Pa. reworked the wiring on the scope. Typically, the rain is moving in. Will plug in tonight

Still no power. Friend's baby cries all night do we aren't getting much sleep. Couch is crowded and uncomfortable. I miss my own bed but it's too hot over there. Went back to cuddle my cats and dogs earlier. At least we have running water and ac out here. Hope we get power back soon though.

No ETA on power. Last hurricane it was out for over a month. It would cost $1k at least to run a generator that can power the hvac until we get power back.

I'm sleep deprived between the baby and my friend's grandfather. The latter of whom peed all over the kitchen floor, the carpet in his great-granddaughter's room, and on her bed. It reeks in there. He has power back at his house but has black mold so he can't go back yet. He won't get a hotel bc he wants to have people here wait on him.

I spent an hour at my house cuddling with my pets. Biscuits was particularly clingy. He jumped on me and sat on me when I was lying down. My cows were out so I chased them back to the yard. The black cow is extremely fat now.

Plugged it all in. It still is an electrician’s nightmare but it all works. I grouped a few wires together. I’ll play with shortening cables when I get home after vacation. Not going to mess with it.

Attachments

• 83E0C157-7B48-4D8E-98BF-9F597F56CDBF.jpeg
    83E0C157-7B48-4D8E-98BF-9F597F56CDBF.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 22
Wouldn't it be easier to snap your phone onto a selfie stick and point it at the sky? 😁
Wowza, that's impressive Tom.
How long does it take to unpack and set up once you get to the location? 10 inch?

Zan, it sounds like your friends Grandpa doesn't want people to wait on him it sounds like he needs someone to be with him 24/7.
I have a long-running flooring joke. Over the years I've torn up lots of cat and dog peed carpet. I tell people I know pets are family, so is Grandpa but grandpa doesn't pee on the carpet.
I stand corrected. 😁
I can't believe it takes that long to get the power back on but then again we don't have storms like that here. Is that just because you don't live in town?

Latest posts

Back