What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want one! All the Tonka trucks are envious!
Different model. Watch especially when 16:50m in.

Only thing missing is the operators arms aren't moving with the controls. Unreal detail. Having one of these at the picnic would make me say, "hold my beer, watch this" way to many times. 🙈
They need a minesweeper with a metal detector attachment and sell them as a pair. 😁

And if someone tries to steal the treasures you dug up......
......well, there are ways to deal with them. 😉

I had no clue things like these existed. Sounds like it was a kit.

Those are so cool!
I got my blood taken at the doctor this morning. Mostly painless. I've had cat scratches that were worse. The nurse was very good at taking it and holding needle still. I've had nurses who moved the needle around once it was in & it sucked. Appointment is next Monday. Mostly a checkup. I racked out after the bloodwork & slept until 7pm. Got up and made dinner. Now I'm curled up with my cats trying to get back to sleep again.

Just for you zanne

cat lady.jpg

I have a cat sitting on me right meow. LOL! I'm sitting here trying to stay warm & trying to motivate myself to do something productive.

Just saw a Facebook Marketplace listing for old formica sheets in 4'x8' size. Lots of older ones with different patterns. They have 100 sheets & they are $15/sheet. It's $50 a sheet in big box stores. It's in Lafayette but my brother is going there tomorrow for his teaching practice for ESL. I'm going to go with him & take a look at the store when he finishes his class stuff. Maybe I can find something good in the pile. Won't hurt to have some extra stuff for projects.

Also, just realized my landline is out again. I was wondering why the phones weren't ringing.

The measure should have been written so people arrested could have the choice to opt for jail, or go in for treatment. That would have been better.

Portugal legalized all drugs about 10 years ago. But all the money that had been spent on jail went to treatment, and loans for former addicts to start a business. Drug use declined dramatically. But I doubt it would work here.

Imagine this. You stay at a motel. When you check out, you find a trash bag in the bed of your pickup. When you open it, there is a woman's head in it. A guy about 15 miles from here, killed his mother, cut off her head. And in Arkansas he threw it in the back of some guy's pickup. The killer is still at large

They did an experiment with rats where they put them in a cage & gave them two bottles to drink from. One had only water. The other had water laced with cocaine or something. The rats always drank the cocaine water & some overdosed. Then someone suggested that maybe they should give the rats something to do. So they built a playground, had other rats to keep them company for friendship/sex, and generally had stuff to keep them busy. The rats in that situation drank the plain water. Any that drank the cocaine water did so in moderation & there were no overdose. Taking care of their other needs kept them satisfied enough to not seek drugs.

Trip to Lafayette went well. Everyone at the VITA place was very nice. My brother tutored his student for an hour while I did word puzzles on my phone. Went to the place to look at the Formica after. I thought it was a store but it's a warehouse where they build stuff for commercial purposes. They had a section where they glued formica/laminate to mdf/plywood, another section where they cut the boards into specific sizes, another where they assembled cabinets, etc. The place was freaking HUGE. It had been like 5 different buildings all merged in to one. It had an interesting history. The guy who worked there told us all about it & said they keep finding new stuff about it. They were selling off old materials they no longer needed. Had all kinds of stuff-- including metal sheets (but those were $80). I was looking at a shiny white sheet that had the edge torn. Guy told me it was garbage bc it chipped easily. The blue sheets were too dark, there were some woodgrain looks, and various brown marbled stuff. I decided to go with plain white & pondered out loud if I could put it on walls. He said that it could and that they had used it in that way. The stuff I picked sells for $90 at the big box stores. I got 2 sheets of it. I think I have enough to put around the top of the shower surrounds as well as to do some countertop stuff. He rolled the sheets up carefully, tied them with string, and put cardboard at the edges to prevent damage. I need to unload them in the workshop and flatten them out. I kinda wish I could go back to look at more samples. I would have bought more sheets in different patterns if I thought I'd actually use them.

If Biden wins.....I guess voters don't understand how much money he will cost them. He says he wants exemptions back to what they were under Obama. He wants to up business taxes, which we will pay for in increased cost of goods and services. His environmental plan will raise gasoline and utility prices. I guess the public is stupid.

Biden sucks, but so does Trump. Both candidates suck. I don't like either & didn't want either as the POTUS. The whole two party system blows. We need major reform in how our government works. There's too much bribery happening with Congress. Both RNC and DNC are corrupt. We need to take the money out of it so they can't take bribes from "lobbyists". All the money they raise for political campaigns & for what? Can you imagine how much good could have been done if that money had been used for charity- maybe to help veteran's groups or something?

I wish the country would start healing & having people come together instead of being at each other's throats. This whole partisan squabbling thing is not helping anyone but our enemies. I hate seeing the country so polarized. I'm glad people here don't put politics before friendship/decency bc I've been on some forums where there is so much vitriol. If you disagree with someone they start with ad hominem attacks rather than addressing the issues. I really hope that goes away with time & doesn't continue to escalate. I want peace & unity but without being Smurfs. LOL.

Latest posts

Back