What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We ourselves make the political parties so toxic that good people won’t run. We used to be somewhat civilized. Then we got Atwater and the Willie Horton ads and it went to hell from there, for both parties. I’ve taken up the approach to just say, you vote for your guy and I’ll vote for mine. Avoids a shouting match. No one ever convinces a person to flip parties by arguing with them. And the amount of information passed between people is inversely proportionate to the volume it’s given. I’ve decided it’s just a waste of breath.

Imagine this. You stay at a motel. When you check out, you find a trash bag in the bed of your pickup. When you open it, there is a woman's head in it. A guy about 15 miles from here, killed his mother, cut off her head. And in Arkansas he threw it in the back of some guy's pickup. The killer is still at large
That would bother me.

We ourselves make the political parties so toxic that good people won’t run. We used to be somewhat civilized. Then we got Atwater and the Willie Horton ads and it went to hell from there, for both parties. I’ve taken up the approach to just say, you vote for your guy and I’ll vote for mine. Avoids a shouting match. No one ever convinces a person to flip parties by arguing with them. And the amount of information passed between people is inversely proportionate to the volume it’s given. I’ve decided it’s just a waste of breath.
There's a point where wasting your breath is entertainment, and I think that's fine if all parties are enjoying it. My brother is 182 degrees opposite me politically and he lives with me...... We get along.
......not so much if Biden wins, but whatever. I'll just laugh when they do the gun bans, buybacks, magazine size limits. He says they won't do that........ even tho it's stated clearly in their anti gun platform. 😁

Imagine this. You stay at a motel. When you check out, you find a trash bag in the bed of your pickup. When you open it, there is a woman's head in it. A guy about 15 miles from here, killed his mother, cut off her head. And in Arkansas he threw it in the back of some guy's pickup. The killer is still at large
.....did he use a knife or AR 15 to cut off her head?

The Japanese are pretty smart. I like how their cops deal with violent offenders. They have weighted nets that they fire at armed people. There was a video of a guy with a gun, cops netted him & disarmed him.. They also have mats (that are like blankets but a bit thicker). When someone won't cooperate they take them down onto a mat and wrap them up. Kind of like swaddling a baby but on a larger scale. They had a guy who wasn't armed but who was violent. He bit one of the cops. Rather than get mad, the cop asked "Why did you bite me? That hurt! You need to calm down!" and then they wrapped him in a mat.

I got up around noon & went to Samsclub with my brother to get stuff on Mom's list. They were out of stock on some things. Went to Walmart up in that area to get stuff they usually have in stock but they were out. Went to the local Walmart after to get stuff that I knew they carried here that we couldn't find at the other store. Still had a bunch of stuff we couldn't find anywhere.

Nearly got in a wreck on the way in. Someone towing a camper swerved into my lane (oncoming) at the last second & I almost went in the ditch to avoid getting hit head on. I laid on the horn bc there was absolutely no reason for them to swerve like. Moron. Had a rude lady try to cut in front of us in line at Sam's. We'd been standing there awhile and she came up with her cart from the side and tried to nudge in. I stepped in front of her cart and politely said "Ma'am, we're in line here." She looked annoyed and moved to the back of another line without a word.

Mom wanted a sandwich from Subway so I can nap before having to find something else for her to eat.

Spent the day detailing the 4Runner. Double washed it. Then used a swirl remover compound on a dual action buffer. Then a chemical cleaner followed by a polymer wax. Like a mirror!

Attachments

• 240789C5-7197-4063-839E-6685DAEEE2DA.jpeg
    240789C5-7197-4063-839E-6685DAEEE2DA.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 19
Spent the day detailing the 4Runner. Double washed it. Then used a swirl remover compound on a dual action buffer. Then a chemical cleaner followed by a polymer wax. Like a mirror!
All that work only for it to get dirty again.
Wife got her car washed on Friday only for the city to come by shortly there after come by picking up and mulcjing leaves. Car was covered in leaf dust. I ended up taking my leaf blower and blowing the dust off the car.

Tom, that's a beautiful finish! I need to get both of my vehicles detailed. They are covered in mud & dust. I try to take them through the carwash every few months & get a clearcoat to protect the paint, but the dirt doesn't always come off.

I had a lazy Saturday. Listened to music & for some reason I was extremely hungry. I stuffed my face & couldn't get full. I'm still hungry & I don't know why. I think I'm going to be 230lbs before my doctor's appointment. Today is a cleanup day but it's raining so we'll have to put off hauling trash outside until it stops. I need to nap. Couldn't sleep all night, just felt agitated for some unknown reason.

Been working on my drawings/sketches of the guest bathroom. I drew the shower/tub from a reference photo (I use the line tool to measure widths of things & re-created it as best as I could. I still need to decide on what showerhead to get. I'm sort of leaning toward this one (which is similar to the one we got my friend but this one has a soap dish on it). It has a slidebar, handheld showerhead & a rainshower head. Diverter is down low. The one my friend has works great. I need to figure out what height would be good for my 6'3" brother. The one at my friend's house is too low so he has to duck down under it. I wish that I was independently wealthy & could afford to commission companies to make custom fixtures. I'd have the rainshower thing but made to match Moen's Kingsley set.

My drawing thus far (weird floating bowl is toilet build in progress-- I got brain freeze):
gusetbathsideviewWIP2.png

What is News that Sucks, Alex. I think he's been the host of Jeopardy since it's inception. F**** cancer! I was really hoping he'd pull through, but it's brutal. I think it's the same kind of cancer that killed Alan Rickman.

After all my gorging yesterday & early this morning, my stomach doesn't like me. Took some Pepto & hope it will settle. Made eggs & toast for Mom. She wanted sunny side up, but the eggs slid to the side of the pan (my cooktop thingy requires stuff to be in the center of the pan to cook properly) and when I tried to shift the eggs to the center they rolled over so she got over medium instead.

I ditched the trash can from my drawing as well as my bowl sketch & am trying to sketch from references. Not happy with any of the trash bins I've drawn. I'm trying to not obscure the tub/shower. I may just do placeholders like I did in another sketch. I may do more than one sketch with different levels of detail- one with the fixtures the way they would be (possibly obscuring the tub/shower) & another with placeholders.

Latest posts

Back