What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rusty you are a young fella :) there were no staple guns when I started we used panel pins whacked in with a hammer then up to that staple gun with a rubber on the end of a hammer which hurt if you hit your hand instead of the knb on the staple gun. The next stage was a compressor which had fairly large tanks cause the guns needed lots of continual air
Those dive tanks will work until the pressure drops to about 80 then you sit there and put your lips around the tank inlet and you blow til the tank is full :)

I remember one time a tank at the dive shop blew. Flew all around inside the storage room. Fortunately no one was inside & there were no injuries, but it caused a lot of damage. Those things can be dangerous.

I got one of the pressure switches with that little lever. Friend installed it but it wouldn't work. He had to manually hold it in the on position for it to stay on. Wouldn't lock in. Fortunately, I'd also purchased one without the lever just in case. Returned the lever one & explained the issue. Poor friend squatted down over the pump and hit his balls on the pressure gauge. Life is really not being kind to him right now. Turns out the reason his check was garnished of all but $2 is bc the govt is charging him for his daughter's insurance. He's on Medicaid bc he can't afford insurance & she should be on his insurance with him but they are making him pay premiums even though he can't afford it. They started out as $30 but now they skyrocketed to almost his whole paycheck. It's insane & I don't know what he can do about it.

At least the new pressure switch seems to be working now. Went grocery shopping & found stuff Mom wanted although a lot of stuff was still out of stock. Got my friend some food from Popeyes & gave him $40 (I didn't have much cash on me) as a thank you for changing out the pressure switch. He's offered to come help clean at my house as best as he can in exchange for some help with his bills since $2 didn't do jack & he's got overdraft fees and is $150 in the red.

The showerhead we bought about 3 days ago dropped in price on Saturday. I told Mom and she said sometimes Prime members can get a price-match on things that drop shortly after purchase. Will have to see if that can apply bc it was almost $20 difference. Got the showerhead, arm, valve, and trim set ordered for the guest bathroom. Still need to figure out other details like what wall panels to use, shower curtain, towel ring, etc.

I should be sleeping right now but my dog kept me awake barking & whining bc she wanted to go chase raccoons. She was getting all agitated over it. I had to hold her and pet her soothingly & calm her down. Shouting "Calm your tits!" was not helping. LOL.

I remember one time a tank at the dive shop blew. Flew all around inside the storage room. Fortunately no one was inside & there were no injuries, but it caused a lot of damage. Those things can be dangerous.
A couple of years ago here a certain brand of dive tank blew up when it was getting filled so they condemned all different brands of dive tanks which were made before 1992? even though it was only one manufacturer of dive tanks were there was trouble
Do you want to buy 4 dive tanks which cant be filled? :)
I think you get about $20 or $30 for scrape metal and the tops get cut off so nobody can fill them if they have a large compressor somewhere
One of our carpet layers had a full one in his van along with his dog when the rubber o ring blew The dog was never the same

"Dog was never the same " 😁
Actually those would probably fantastic for a regular air compressor because they only get up to 120 to 130 lb. If aluminum they'd last forever because they don't rust. How much is postage and shipping?
I'm guessing 500 bucks. 😁

You got me interested Jon.
Here's how steel cylinders are made. It's hard to imagine these kinds of pressure that can simply shove hardened steel into a desired shape.

Here ya go Jon.
Compared to this guy, I feel like a common warehouse sweeper on his first day.
There are hundreds and hundreds of automatic transmission types, each with their own internal designs.
This guy is as impressive as it gets.

Here ya go Jon.
Compared to this guy, I feel like a common warehouse sweeper on his first day.
There are hundreds and hundreds of automatic transmission types, each with their own internal designs.
This guy is as impressive as it gets.

This is why I gave up transmissions after I went to the Toyota transmission class.

Heck I'm trying to figure out what I pulled out of this event hole in my starter yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_20201129_160445_01.jpg
    IMG_20201129_160445_01.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20201129_170418_01~2.jpg
    IMG_20201129_170418_01~2.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 19
Back in the 70s, a special pair of snap ring pliars for transmission work was $100. I bought a pair and gave them to a mechanic friend of mine in the 90s. They were not good for anything else.

Latest posts

Back