What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I went to Samsclub to get more water, went back home to drop off groceries & pick up Mom to go vote in local runoff elections. Then we dropped by to see my friend. He gave more details on his situation. He'd had a blood clot & had gotten so stressed out that the clot broke into multiple pieces but apparently one piece is interfering with signal to his eye. His doctor told him not to lift anything heavy & to take it easy until they can figure out what to do.
Monday his fiance has her trial but she still has not met or spoken with her attorney. I suspect he's the type who tries to get clients to take plea deals bc he has made zero effort-- and he's the replacement attorney bc her previous attorney never communicated with her either. So, she's supposed to go on trial & never even got her lawyer's phone number. I wrote a statement to be given to the court but I will also show up in person & agree to testify on her behalf if necessary. I suspect they will not actually have a real trial. I told her if she doesn't get to see her attorney before the trial she should inform the judge that she had inadequate counsel. These charges should have been dropped. Hell, they never should have been brought in the first place. This is a "stand your ground" state & she was physically assaulted in her own home by someone who was trespassing & who stole her shoes (and kicked her while wearing her stolen shoes).
A halfway decent attorney could argue "clean hands doctrine", "stand your ground" and "self defense". The only reason they brought charges was bc the trespasser was a minor (but was still larger & much heavier than her). They also violated her civil rights by keeping her in jail longer than legally allowed prior to her bail hearing. If she could afford to sue them for it, she would.
Sorry, I get worked up about injustices. LOL.
It makes me wonder how many other people with court-appointed attorneys get the same treatment where they never even meet or hear from their lawyers until the trial date.

zannej you are just going to shift down here and all your hassles while go away overnight :)

I bought some Chinese headphones for Bluetooth use.
2 weeks later one side b. roke off broke off broke off broke off. Chinese headphones got a Chinese repair .
Hot glue and bamboo. Magic in the moment 😁

Attachments

• 16073212122574654091033068175410.jpg
    16073212122574654091033068175410.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 17
maybe last longer as well
They were my first attempt at bluetooth headphones. Sound isn't horrible, bet headphones 🎧 were less than $20. My fix was 15 cents..... $45;if my labor is included. I think camo duct tape over my hot glue patch would add some bling.😁

Only the Dutch people who have arrived over the years, I know a few and they are Dutch if you understand what I mean by that. They are different like some South Africans who are trying to take over NZ
Kind of like when Californians move out of California and go to another state and they try to make the other state become like it was in California. Kinda pisses off the natives.
Many years ago we had a governor named Tom McCall and he said to Californians come here to visit but then go home. 😁. His motto was, don't Californicate Oregon.

I did a single room restretch today about 30 mi south of me. the house is just a few blocks away from what's called Beach Loop Road. The road is about four miles long and runs right on the coast edge in town. Had to check out the view.
There's a nice home on the cliff edge in this first image. My brother and I installed carpeting when it was new, probably 1985ish.

Attachments

• IMG_20201207_141412106_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201207_141412106_HDR.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20201207_141514378_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201207_141514378_HDR.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20201207_141809758_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201207_141809758_HDR.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20201207_141815185_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201207_141815185_HDR.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 14
I'm pretty sure no matter where I go, trouble will follow. LOL.
So, took the girl for court. She met her lawyer for the first time & he told her there was no "discovery" and he wasn't willing to do jack **** for her. She'd called & left messages but he never got back to her. We then told the prosecutor she'd only met her lawyer today for the first time & that she'd just had a baby, had post partem depression, and anxiety & her lawyer had never called her back. He said the judge wasn't going to like it.

Turns out the girl who was supposed to testify against her was in custody so she couldn't be there & the cop who arrested her hadn't bothered to show up either. But rather than even entertain dismissal, they reduced it to "disturbing the peace by fighting" & said it would disappear from her record after awhile. I'm certain that all her lawyer ever does is negotiate plea deals. We actually heard them discussing a little & the prosecutor said that the "victim" was most likely the "real problem". Should have been a dismissal bc witnesses weren't there, but that's the racket they pull. The court fees were higher than the fine but she has until April to pay. They still never gave her back her phone. I don't think they even have it in evidence. I suspect they will claim asset forfeiture & one of our local cops probably has it or sold it. Anyway, she took a "No contest" plea. If it had been me, I would have asked for an extension for the attorney to get evidence and subpoena witnesses for the defense. I mean, I was there & I could attest there was no blood inside the house & there would have been if the injury had happened there, but these people don't give a damn about justice, it's all about getting their court fees and fines.

She was a bit luckier than one dude though. His lawyer didn't even show up for court for his trial. The lawyer ran for judge & they had the runoffs Saturday. He lost in a landslide. So he screwed his client by not even showing up. Client said he had called the lawyer's office multiple times. Never got ahold of him. Said the lawyer called him back once when he was at work & wasn't able to answer (as he's not allowed to use his phone at work). Judge told him he should have tried harder & should have been prepared to answer at work. I was thinking "He could get fired for that!" Seriously, they have unreasonable expectations of people sometimes. He was nice to a woman who was there on a marijuana charge and was willing to plead "No Contest". He told her she needed to go speak with her attorney about what that would mean for her future if she didn't fight the charge so he was giving her extra time to come back & see if she changed her mind. But he wasn't all there I think. He rescheduled someone for "February 17, 2020" and he called my friend "Samantha" (that's not her name).

Friend is not doing well but can't find a neurologist that takes Medicaid. He still has blood clots that are blocking things & could blow at any moment. He's been getting dizzy & nearly passed out after going down the stairs. He blacked out walking into the kitchen earlier & fell on his face. I'm worried. I did give him money to help him with bills to take a little pressure off but I can't afford to do it again.

Cats are piled on me bc it's cold but I have to get up and feed mom. She's got an eye doctor appointment tomorrow that I get to take her to.

I may retire my old compressor instead of repairing it. I've never given thought to the longevity of the tank. I bought mine around 1990. Reading reviews, I saw someone mention a 10 year tank life for safety.
I bought one of these at a pawn shop today.
makita claims 3hp. My old one has a similar motor rated at 2hp. Both are Emglo units.
A capacitor and pressure switch for my old compressor would set me back about $100. I bought a really nice one of these for $162.
The wanted $175, but my wallet had $162...... she said ok. 😁 Unlike my old compressor, this one starts up really easy. I may not need to search out the outlet closest to the breaker box anymore.
It's more quiet than my old one and builds up to 140. Plugging it in and turning it on, I watched both pressure gauges move in perfect unison all the way up to 140 lb.
https://www.amazon.com/Makita-MAC5200-Big-Bore-Compressor/dp/B0001Q2VPUhttps://www.amazon.com/Makita-MAC5200-Big-Bore-Compressor/dp/B0001Q2VPU#immersive-view_1607579590340

Um no but he did wonder what that tap was for
I knew what mine was for but when I opened it nothing happened. So I took a small screw driver and pushed up in the hole and walla I found out there was still pressure on the tank. I thought I had let it all out. Anyway I got the screw driver back from the neighbors yard and my hand sandblsasted from the crap in the tank plus plenty of rusty water. What a mess, sure glad I did it in the yard not the garage.

I was looking last night on Craigslist and found there are lots of compressors for sale. Of the ones that I saw none of them compared with this one. It even has about 15 or 18 wraps of hose on the hooks behind the handle. One wrap or loop must be at least 4 ft. The hose has probably outlived two compressors.... it's stiff, but what the heck. I have two hoses I'm guessing one is 20 and one is 25 ft. That's enough hose that I could leave it in my truck if I can park close enough to get an extension cord to the compressor.

Latest posts

Back