What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That carpeted step is not to shabby for a rookie. Nice job. Hey on the floor that has the copper pipe in it if you turn up the heat and damp mop the floor near the walls it will show you where the pipes are by drying first, just mark them with a marker and you are good to go. I hit 1 water line and 1 refrigeration line in my years of installing. The refeer line was in a bar. Shut him down for the weekend and was he poed. When they are buried in concrete it is a crap shoot.
At first I was tempted to turn the edge of the carpet under at the step but I decided to miter the edge backwards onto the side of the step at an angle like I usually do. I did a test piece with a scrap and the carpet direction change isn't very visible at all. It's a bedroom and you don't get a straight-on look at it anyway. I sealed the edges of the cuts with hot glue and use hot glue to form the corner of the miter at the top of the stair edge. With the hot glue softening the carpet backing at that miter point you have a lot of control as it begins to cool and can mold or form it like putty sometimes...... fuzzy putty. 😁
I actually pondered hand sewing that corner, but folding it back to sew it would have been a pain in the ass.

The customer lives in the house and to make the tubes show up I think you need to turn the temperature off overnight to let the slab cool down and then turn it on again to use the mop method. When I use the infrared non-contact thermometer in a log home I didn't have any trouble at all finding the tubes the first day but we left the heat on..... now the entire floor was warm and it was very difficult to find the tubes.

The step looks better with the carpet instead of brick. Looked like it was part of a surround for a fireplace before. Wallpaper is interesting. LOL. Much nicer than the wallpaper in my house. Only places in my house you can see wallpaper are behind the freezer and in the hallway near my room. It came with the house and we never bothered to get rid of it.
You can see it in this photo to the left behind my cat Yasuke.
1612912444170.png

I went to the post office but there was no mail. Went to the store. Mom wanted bread. Brother wanted milk. So I got those plus some stuff to cook later and also got a piece of cake, ice cream, and a chocolate milk for my brother since it's his birthday. Bro sat down and had his cake with a big bowl of ice cream.

I'm resting a bit before putting away the food I cooked earlier. Itsy (one of the cats) wanted to "help" by walking on the controls, changing the temperature settings, and licking the spatula. She also purred and made noises at me while I was cooking to let me know she was there and wanted attention and food.

American traitors, Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Ben Sasse, Pat Toomey, Mitt Romney and Cassidy are the senators who voted for impeachment.
Why do these Democrats idiots want to prove that they are idiots. Occasional Cortex stated that for a couple of weeks she had received emails from other members of Congress warning about something like this happening.
The FBI and the NYPD won the Capital police that this might happen
People brought back from sledgehammers to break the windows.
It's obvious to anyone with a brain that every bit of this was pre-planned.
Have their tiny little minds make this about Trump inciting violence? It was called a takeover or attempted coup in the media and that's what the Democrats in charge keep calling it. That group of crazy people that stormed the capital we're not organized any way shape or form . That said how could this be an attempted coup?
Nancy Pelosi is in charge of the capital police. What do you think she knew about this a week or two before this event? Wouldn't it be funny if Pelosi had knowledge of the FBI's warnings?

This whole thing is just a Democrats proving how much they hate Trump. They didn't like him calling them the swamp. The media doesn't like being called fake news.

...... But they're not going to get 67. It was obvious a long time ago they were never going to get the votes needed.
How come I know they're making fools out of themselves and they don't?

Thanks!
Man, it's cold here. Friend helped me put up some Reflectix and quilted moving blankets to insulate things a bit. I'm going to be using cats as warmers tonight. LOL.
Took Mom for her vaccine & grabbed takeout from burger king bc I didn't feel like cooking. I had to unload all the bottled water and cat food from the truck. Brother was supposed to help but he wouldn't. I'm about to take a nap under my pile of cats.

We're working hard. Stained the top caps of my retaining walls, them spent 2 hours caulking and touch up in the kitchen. We've been living out of boxes the last week cuz the kitchen has been repainted. After and before pics.
20210211_122333.jpg
20210207_135643.jpg

Hey anybody home? No posts in 2 days? Just checking if everyone is ok.
Everything maybe it was you! 😁
I did a restretch today location was 5 milrs out of cell range. Between some tall hills. I installed a Garmin like app on my phone called Waze. It directed me all the way out to the house. When the app said arriving at destination, there was a roadblock. From a short distance away I thought it was a cable across the road.
Well it was sort of a cable
The cable was connected to a fence and a post and a goat.
Looks like he made about four laps around the post before he decided to kick back and enjoy the weather. 😁

Attachments

• PXL_20210211_192042949.jpg
    PXL_20210211_192042949.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 15
The restrrtch was actually because the carpet edge against the hardwood was beginning to have some loose threads come out. Installation is only about a year old, possibly less. Why don't guys put seam adhesive in the gully when they use tack strip in a situation like this?

Attachments

• PXL_20210211_202411225.jpg
    PXL_20210211_202411225.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 16
We're working hard. Stained the top caps of my retaining walls, them spent 2 hours caulking and touch up in the kitchen. We've been living out of boxes the last week cuz the kitchen has been repainted. After and before pics.View attachment 11393View attachment 11394

Looks good
Would you like to come and do our kitchen now as we have those cupboard doors with the bits of wood around :)

Dont forget to share it around your friends :)
Why don't guys put seam adhesive in the gully when they use tack strip in a situation like this?
I never have put sealer in the gully. They started that with berbers when they were popular. Reason not to: what if you need to pull that edge up for like a restretch as you are doing. You could have a raveling mess or even rip the carpet trying to get it up. I just nudge the tackless a little closer and drive the carpet in.

Latest posts

Back