What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It didn't get as cold as we expected but it rarely gets or stays below 40 here. So it being consistently under 40 is unusual. It was 70 the day before and then 32 the next. Weather is bipolar and off its meds! We don't get extremes in terms of cold but we do get extremes in heat. Summers will often get over 100 & are absolutely miserable. I'm not looking forward to the change back to hot as hell.

Woke up with 10 cats and a dog on the bed. It's 36 degrees so some of them have moved off of the bed. One cat is parked on top of my computer because it's warm. I'm trying to get up enough motivation to actually get up. Today was one of those sleeping in days. I will need to check on Mom and bring her food. She woke me up after 1am last night wanting food. She'd apparently asked my brother to get her food but he was playing a video game and refused.

I need to unload the cat food from the car and feed the kitties and do some cleaning. Will have to take naproxyn first bc my back hates the cold weather.
Do you have a furnace? Always wondered about that.

mechanic.jpg

I'm viewing Marine traffic.com a website that monitors all the ship traffic in the world. Is currently showing two of our local tugboats pulled up to a chip container ship. They're either going to move it forward so chips can be loaded into the next compartment or the ship is finished loading and they are undocking the ship so it can head back to where it came from. This this ship flies under the Japan flag and since paper is produced in Japan I assume that's where it's heading to.
It's raining heavy and there's 25 miles per hour wind. I don't know why they just don't wait till daylight... Well that's what I do. 😁
Oh well it's only 5 miles down the bay with one 45° turn to head out into the ocean. I guess that's why they have radar..... and pilots. That's why I'd wait till daylight. The ship has a local pilot on board and a local tug follows the ship to miles out to retrieve the pilot once he's got the ship out of the Bay. That just seems like it would be safer done in daylight. I guess that's why they get paid the big bucks.

oops, I was wrong. Those guys are chicken just like me. I think the ship just loosened it's ropes so the two toes could move it forward. the tugs are heading back to where they came from. that's got to be a fun job at night especially when it's pouring down rain.

Do you have a furnace? Always wondered about that.
I have a whole house ac/furnace. It's electric. It heats but there is something wrong with the ducting. There are holes in the ceiling and I can sometimes feel air blowing from the attic so I think ducts are broken or disconnected. Mom's room and the living room seem to have the best ducts bc they are cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Kitchen is 2nd warmest. Then there's the front room. My brother's room and my room are the coldest (and get hottest in summer). We asked the hvac guy to check the ducts when we had the new AC installed but he said nothing was wrong with it- even after we complained about poor circulation such. It was his son who went into the attic to check. I think he lied.

My headboard is against a large window and one of them is broken. Pane is missing a chunk and covered with duct tape. So it gets extremely cold. I need to get windows replaced eventually.

It snowed last night. Cows went into the barn to huddle up. Cats huddled on me. I found a space heater for the kittens in the front room. My brother has an electric blanket. I got one of my heating pads back from him. Trying to keep my hands warm. Cats are piling on me.

We only got about 2" of snow but the governor declared a state of emergency, we are on "stay home" orders and all businesses are closed in the parish.
Feb15-2021-back1.jpgFeb15-2021-back2.jpgFeb15-2021-front1.jpgFeb15-2021-front2.jpgFeb15-2021-porch1.jpgFeb15-2021-ridgeline1.jpg

We're at 44° right now. I think that's actually pretty close to our low forecast. There's a possibility of some frost on Wednesday...... But probably no freezing. I don't think we've had enough hail to even cover the railings around my deck. One night we have some super wet snow but it didn't even stick on the railing.
We don't get snow hardly ever anyway. As far as rain goe, were doing good. I think back in December we were 15 or 20 inches below normal for the year but I think we're all caught up by now.

Well I think we ended up with 8-10" of snow. My dog stepped out her doggie door and squatted, that was all the farther she went. My neighbor blew out my drive like he always does this year, but I went out and got my blower going and did some touch up and cut a maze in the back yard for my Coco. Now she is a happy camper and her and I played for a couple minutes having her run around in the maze. Temp now is almost 20*. I guess we have another storm coming in on Fri.
Ends up we got (9.5 "at the local airport.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back