What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good song. I wonder what's up with the toy on the front of the drum. LOL.
I wonder if the girl will learn an instrument when she gets older.

Went to see my friend today bc the Rev-A-Shelf tip-out shelf thing came in for him. We installed it but it was a pain because he has trouble seeing & another friend tried to help but he's not very bright & he ended up stripping the screws.

Things were tense while we waited for his ex to leave for work. She refuses to accept that they aren't a couple anymore. When she's out she constantly calls & wants to know where he is, who he's with, and what he is doing. I told him the simple answer is "None of your business". She also stopped taking her medicine which means she's a danger to others. He hadn't been paying attention to whether or not she was taking them & he didn't care. She's stopped smoking, but I think it's only because my friend refuses to pay for the cigarettes & the friend who stripped the screws has been hiding her lighters. She told me she stopped taking them despite the doctors telling her she needed to take them or she can't be around her baby. But she doesn't give a damn about the baby. She only uses him to get attention on the internet by posting pics and claiming he's her world. I have to constantly stop myself bc I want to reply to her posts & point out she's a horrible mother who won't even hold her baby for 5 minutes. I have never seen her hold him for a full 5 minutes ever and she constantly complains if he wants to be held. No wonder the baby eats so much. He's substituting food for attention/affection. Ever since she came back, the house has been a mess. She doesn't clean up after herself, she leaves half-consumed bottles of water and drinks all over the place, she stopped taking her allergy meds so she spits up mucus and spits it right onto the floor/carpet. The girl who had been cleaning barely comes out of her room because she wants to avoid her (she also hasn't been feeling well since she's pregnant).

Once she left we were able to relax more & another friend (the one who just bought a house that we met at Tractor Supply) came over. We had pizza (which I regret bc it made me sick) and went to Home Depot to get supplies. My unlucky friend needed a breaker, some outlets, outlet boxes, and some conduit to run new wires so he can have a heater. I saw a very cool mini palm nail gun but didn't buy it. I will check reviews on it. It's Porter Cable and fits in my hand. Would be good for tight spaces & it can hook to my compressor.

I'm trying to get to sleep but since I'm having indigestion it isn't working out so well. Got my cat, Boo, here wanting to cuddle. He has a great purr & that usually helps.

The little girl has had some parts with a tambourine, maracas and the cowbell. Has goofy as she is her timing, musically, is spot on. I'm sure she's learning instruments.
Comments are turned off on their videos but it would be interesting to know if that turtle has any significance other than being funny.

A small local market put up one of those football charts at $5 per square. I usually pick one spot each year and usually get numbers that have never been picked in any of the super bowls. 😁
I don't know why but I had a $20 bill burning a hole in my pocket so I picked four squares all in the same row.
My number for Tampa is 7
My numbers for Kansas are 0, 1, 7 and 9. I actually have a chance this year. 👍
It pays $100 for each quarter and $200 for the final score.

A small local market put up one of those football charts at $5 per square. I usually pick one spot each year and usually get numbers that have never been picked in any of the super bowls. 😁
I don't know why but I had a $20 bill burning a hole in my pocket so I picked four squares all in the same row.
My number for Tampa is 7
My numbers for Kansas are 0, 1, 7 and 9. I actually have a chance this year. 👍
It pays $100 for each quarter and $200 for the final score.
I got $100 worth of squares, my usual, from 10$ squares, 5$ to 2$ squares. Some of the numbers are good but not many. But all it takes is a touch back and everything changes. Been there.

I finally get some really good numbers and those guys forgot how football is played. 😁 Oh well there's always next year. I think I'm going back to buying one square.

No actually they played flawlessly. I had a nine on my square. The buccaneers are the ones that kept screwing up. Their foolishness cost me 20 bucks. 😁

Mr Rogers lied. Supposed to be -8 to -10 Saturday night, actual temp.
001.jpg

Yesterday I trolled Mom when she was watching the Superbowl. She muted the TV since she hates the commentary. I pretended to not know what a quarterback was (I called it Nickleback as a joke). Argued with her about Tom Brady's function on the team. & gave my own commentary on what was happening. I honestly can't really tell what's going on. Never liked football. LOL. I was like "Oh look, they are running. Now they are stopping. Some guys fell down. That guy hurt his leg. Nice of that guy to help the other guy up" and so forth. Mom was getting frustrated. LOL. I had wanted to watch something else but she insisted on watching that so I was being a pain.

I guess karma decided I was too much of a punk though bc today was fun. Packages got stuck in the box at the post office. The one package was 1/16" too tall to come out the front. Had to get the postal worker to pull my mail out from the back and bring it around to the desk.

Went to Tractor Supply to get a stall mat & some cow feed. Got my foot stuck in some mud while unloading the stall mat. It flopped on top of my leg and I was losing my balance. Almost caught myself but the cow decided to give me a kiss on the head with her slobbery tongue. I fell into a pile of cow crap. At least it was soft. I almost landed on a cinderblock. Put my hand in stinging nettles trying to get up. I had to doge cow horns (successfully) while cutting open the feed bag because the cow was trying to bust it open with her horns. Cows enjoyed their food and I went inside to wash up and change clothes.

Went to Samsclub with my brother afterward & got water. Grabbed some Chinese takeout. Took some naproxyn bc my back hates me & am resting. Cats decided to lick my face and cuddle. Dog got jealous so she crawled up and started licking my face. Both dogs licked my face today. So, I've been licked by a cow, a few cats, and the dogs.

Got my pain in the ass hallway down today. Had a solid core door to cut base to replace and finish the corner of the step. It was too late on Friday to complete it all.
I didn't trust the terracotta tile to hold concrete nails so I drilled all the holes for the tack strip. I floated the tile with two bags of self-leveling concrete and there was a step at both ends of the hallway both done and brick. I converted both steps so they were a box type step by adding plywood filler to the lower part of the riser to make it all flush. In the bedroom I put plywood on the side of the brick also to give me something to tack to.
It'll be a week and a half before the carpet comes in for the office hallway and master bedroom. I discovered all of that area has copper tubing in the cement for heat so I'm going to have to at a second layer of tack strip and it all has to be glued. Not looking forward to this.

Attachments

• IMG_20201114_130054893_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201114_130054893_HDR.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210201_152219_02.jpg
    IMG_20210201_152219_02.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210203_220932227.jpg
    PXL_20210203_220932227.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210208_233431665.jpg
    PXL_20210208_233431665.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210208_220217308.jpg
    PXL_20210208_220217308.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 18
In the hallway photo that's all gray that's just a slurry coat before I poured the self leveler. It was the wrong primer for this particular product but it worked really well anyway.

That carpeted step is not to shabby for a rookie. Nice job. Hey on the floor that has the copper pipe in it if you turn up the heat and damp mop the floor near the walls it will show you where the pipes are by drying first, just mark them with a marker and you are good to go. I hit 1 water line and 1 refrigeration line in my years of installing. The refeer line was in a bar. Shut him down for the weekend and was he poed. When they are buried in concrete it is a crap shoot.

Latest posts

Back