What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Internet and phone kept going out. The man who worked on it today replaced the line between the house and pole. What a difference. The internet just jumps between pages now.

Internet and phone kept going out. The man who worked on it today replaced the line between the house and pole. What a difference. The internet just jumps between pages now.
Speaking of a coincidence, Rusty. :eek: Same here......... Called the phone company yesterday morning and they are coming out late this afternoon. My connection has been dropping for a long time now. I have been blaming MSN for my crappy service.
I got on a ladder and found a limb where it was rubbing the line. The exterior of the flat cable has been rubbed thin. I cut the branches away to make his job easier. He's scheduled to arrive about 4PM. The rain is supposed to start about 3 to 4 PM and then winds will pick up after that.
I notice a difference already since I removed the offending branch which was probably grounding the line. I'm still gonna be slow, but my connection shouldn't be dropping off anymore.

Last edited:
The guy showed up early. I had him just tape the wire for now since it's no longer grounded on the tree. He said the pole isn't tall quite tall enough for him to connect to according to the company specs. I'm gonna see how hard it is to move the pole a few feet and raise it up another foot. The pole is partly rotten a few feet under ground anyway.

The guy showed up early. I had him just tape the wire for now since it's no longer grounded on the tree. He said the pole isn't tall quite tall enough for him to connect to according to the company specs. I'm gonna see how hard it is to move the pole a few feet and raise it up another foot. The pole is partly rotten a few feet under ground anyway.

Why are you doing the moving of /raising the pole. Isn't that the job of the service provider?

Daris

A long awaited day. Yesterday, I got the keys to my new shop. It's 40x28 with 10 foot walls. Now the fun begins with building benches, shelves, lighting etc. I feel about as good as a little kid with a new toy tractor.:)

P3110182.jpg

P3110183.jpg

P3110185.jpg

Boy if I had that and you had a feather up your butt, we would both be tickled to death. Really nice Darol I'll bet you will really enjoy that.

Daris

That I will. When we sold our other home, I had to put the whole shop in a mini storage and a couple garages till I got this one built. Stuff scattered everywhere. Can't wait to get all my toys back together again. Before that there's insulation, wiring, work benches, lighting, shelving etc. to build. It'll be real sweet when it's finished.

Dug out an old Olympus 3.3mp camera that I recall as being dead. Put in some batteries in it and found it to be a smart card problem. It ain't much and it eats 4AA alkaline batteries like knowbody's business, but it takes 20X better images than my new flip phone.
I'm turbocharged :cool:

Turbo003.800jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back