What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just drove 1, you can add laps, different cars. Kinda a la carte, insurance included, ride with a “coach” that has a brake pedal on other side. You’re driving to cones, accelerate, brake,etc, he was pushing me faster, didn’t get comfy till last lap.

there’s a ride along experience in a 700 horse Charger hellcat, the driver floors it from the start and the car is driving sideways around the whole track, kinda like someone crazy behind the wheel.

15 minutes north of the strip, 25$ Uber ride per way.

I just drove 1, you can add laps, different cars. Kinda a la carte, insurance included, ride with a “coach” that has a brake pedal on other side. You’re driving to cones, accelerate, brake,etc, he was pushing me faster, didn’t get comfy till last lap.

there’s a ride along experience in a 700 horse Charger hellcat, the driver floors it from the start and the car is driving sideways around the whole track, kinda like someone crazy behind the wheel.

15 minutes north of the strip, 25$ Uber ride per way.
Skip ahead if you want, to the 20:00 minute mark if you want to see some horsepower....... and someone crazy. 😁
The object of this game is pedal to the metal till both tires explode. You lose points if you let off the throttle.

Well I got something done today. I finished the last of four rooms renailing the tack trip and fixing the pad issues. Yep, this is residue removed from four rooms.

Attachments

• PXL_20210609_235414646.jpg
    PXL_20210609_235414646.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 18
I wear bifocals.
Bifocals can have astigmatism correction built in. Readers don’t really magnify as much as they change the focal distance. Cataract surgery makes you farsighted. So you need readers to bring focus closer. And astigmatism blurs stuff. So I needed Toric lenses, which the insurance doesn’t cover. Those lenses cost me $1200 per eye. But with astigmatism corrected, all my readers need to do is bring focus closer. So I can use Walmart glasses at $8 each!

Bifocals can have astigmatism correction built in. Readers don’t really magnify as much as they change the focal distance. Cataract surgery makes you farsighted. So you need readers to bring focus closer. And astigmatism blurs stuff. So I needed Toric lenses, which the insurance doesn’t cover. Those lenses cost me $1200 per eye. But with astigmatism corrected, all my readers need to do is bring focus closer. So I can use Walmart glasses at $8 each!
My eyes are light sensitive, so that is $100 my insurance won't pay. I get transitions

I went to the post office, grabbed food from McDonalds (mom wanted a mocha frappe bc I had a receipt with code to get her a free one), measured my wall to figure out where studs are and marked the spots (easy enough because there are recessed lines on the paneling just over the right spots). Going to need a 2x8 to span 3 studs to securely mount the holder for my monitor. Might check the workshop tomorrow to see if I have any boards that size. I know I have some thick large boards down at the barn but they need to be sanded. Helped mom with more organizing-- handing her bins & lids, taking full bins and moving and stacking. taking empty boxes out, etc. Then I was thinking about the sewing machine lift. I saw something for an RV where it is a powered jack but the motor thing is too expensive. Then someone on the houserepairtalk forum suggested a linear actuator. I found one with 16" stroke that can lift 225lbs. I saw someone used one to make a router lift. It's about $48 for the actuator.
Would I still need the guides? (I'm guessing "yes"). So I need to figure out the best way. I wonder if I can go back to the plan of making my own guides. I also considered a plan of using a threaded rod, cutting holes in some scrap wood blocks that are rectangular, having hex nuts on both top and bottom of the blocks and setting them just below the 3 heights where I will want the platform for the sewing machine to sit. A woodworking magazine suggested having plastic tubes that fit around the threaded piece snugly cut to size to help the blocks pivot. The magazine had threaded bolts in mind. Nice thing about a long rod and the nuts is that if at any point I want to change the heights, I can adjust them up or down.
Mom just paged and needs me to help her with something.

I've never liked raw oysters or clams. But then, I've never been fond of either. Keep getting ones that are sandy. Bleh. I used to love clam chowder though. But last few times I had it there was either shell or sand in it. The gritty texture ruined my appetite.

Should I make a thread for my sewing machine table thing so I don't clog up this thread? If so, what section would be ideal? I know, I have threads on other forums, but I want the most feedback I can get. I'm obsessing over this idea right now. LOL.

Mom wanted me to come get some of her decorative glass thingies and put them in the display case in the front room. Thing hasn't been opened in years and it has an old smell to it. LOL.

Speaking of Mom, she just paged again.

Not much in the way of fresh seafood in my town so I gotta get it while I can. Z, the FIL used a cordless drill to raise and lower the jacks on his 5th wheel. That might be a quick and easy solution for your sewing table

They’re building everywhere and I do mean everywhere. If you can’t find a job right now the problem is you. I believe AZ ended their free government money so (white) people should be lookin for work soon. I picked up a 5 micron dust bag for my DC and a new blade for my miter saw yesterday. Dude thought I was crazy for using a DC on new construction. Up your game is the name of the game. That’s my pickle. You can make decent money since this is what the competition is doing. I would expect to see this crap in NC but not AZ where rounded sheet rock corners are common.
25CEDDE3-172E-483D-A253-D7439528425E.jpeg

Latest posts

Back