What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CJ, I thought about using a cordless drill for it, but it would still be a pain to mess with. If I don't leave the drill on there all the time it will be a pain to connect it. Plus, none of the jacks had the range of motion I want. So, I figured out a solution for around $75. It would be under $70 if not for sales tax.
1623406616464.png

I'm trying to get to sleep but my brain is not cooperating. LOL. I watched a trailer for the latest Sims4 expansion and they were having stuff about baking and fruit so now I'm hungry.

A lot of restaurants in Vegas were closed due to no staff.

There’s a few places back home that aren’t back up n running at full tilt due to not having enough staff. That will change when the free money runs out. Going through Lowe’s looks like a bomb went off. Not sure if they can’t find anybody or if they’re just running a skeleton crew because they’re cheap. Maybe both. My local lumber yard is fully staffed so who cares about the box stores anyway. The restaurant thing is sad since that money stays in my local community.

Every business in my town has "help wanted" signs up. My 16 year old grandson was hired and scheduled at the interview for Dairy Queen and is working 30 hours a week. That is the maximum you can work someone his age here.

Some days you can't win. After my MIL died three years ago, my wife's nephew ran off with their truck and dumped it about 100 miles away. We found it, I drove it home and it quit several times on the way here. Now it won't run at all. The probate court says we must keep the truck here until the estate is settled. The city is going to fine us for having an unlicensed vehicle. We can't license or insure it as long as it is in probate.

You don’t want the state to be able to get their hands on anything. Period! You don’t have to be a millionaire to have a will, advanced directive or anything at all that will allow anybody to do anything but follow your wishes.

It’s always messy, my wife sells a lawyers homes that he gets and the probate issues are annoying me from the stuff I hear, had a few family issues where no one cooperates and the money dwindles away.

Both of my wife's sisters will not cooperate on anything. My wife offered to sign her share over to them and they won't even take that offer. There is a piece of real estate worth about $30,000.

That is a shame, Rusty. There was a very small piece of property with a trailer on it down my road (closer to the town). When the owner died, the family started fighting over the property. Yard got overgrown with weeds and trees, trailer fell apart, and now that little plot of land is nearly worthless.

I went to the post office to get mail. Nothing but some magazine. It was hot as hell so it sapped my energy. Helped my brother clean up his room a little bit but my shoulder and energy levels were not staying up so I went to nap.

Some days you can't win. After my MIL died three years ago, my wife's nephew ran off with their truck and dumped it about 100 miles away. We found it, I drove it home and it quit several times on the way here. Now it won't run at all. The probate court says we must keep the truck here until the estate is settled. The city is going to fine us for having an unlicensed vehicle. We can't license or insure it as long as it is in probate.
I think you need to talk to your congressman or rep. That's beyond stupid crazy.

Rusty, if you cover the vehicle with a tarp so the plates can't be viewed would they still be having a fit about it not being registered (since it won't be visible)? Maybe you can go to your city hall and speak to someone-- or the DMV to explain that the vehicle is in probate and thus can't be registered as it technically has no owner at the moment. Probably won't work but might be worth a shot.

I've been thinking on my lift setup (I'm still obsessing) and I looked at the mm to inch conversion and realized 8mm is tiny. So the 8mm rods will likely be too small and could bend too easily. So, I looked at a carriage rail style (similar to something I had looked at before) and found a pair for just under $30. It's basically a 12mm rod welded to a flat piece with screw holes and has 12UU ball-bearing slides (2 for each slide). It's just shy of 16" but it should still work. I could spread them out more than I'd planned initially so they are near the ends. I am also considering a single miter slide rail in the middle. This would let me use T-nuts or hex head nuts and a washer and I could even add a small knob that could be used to tighten or loosen the shelf to the center slide.
1623533233013.png1623533473113.png1623533659958.png

Is there a way to move it out of view so they can't see that the vehicle is there?

I get the point of the ordinance, but it's asinine.

Had to run to the store to get baking soda and more groceries in an attempt to find something mom likes. Cats broke an oil lamp. Jumped somewhere they'd never jumped before and knocked it down. It shattered and spilled all over the floor. I tried to sop up as much as I could with paper towels. Now I have baking soda sprinkled over to try to absorb more. I didn't want to use cat litter bc I didn't want the cats to use the litter. I'll follow up with some warm water and dish detergent.

One of my friends who's been a manager at Walmart for many years is now working as a greeter (not sure if there is any paygrade change) after some health issues. We joked with him that it was now his job to say "Welcome to Walmart, get your s*** and get out!" He laughed and said that's what he says around 10:30. On our way out he waved and said "Now get the hell out!" to make us laugh.

Mewlatto has been obsessed with me the past couple of days. He's been sleeping on my pillows. As soon as I get on the bed he climbs right on me. He's on my chest right now. He's so adorable (older pic as I can't reach my phone).
Mewlatto.jpg

Latest posts

Back