What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New job with a view. Has a partial view of the ports working dock facility. People work on their fishing boats there.
Neat location, neat house, neat customers. I did this home when it was new in 2001 or thereabouts.
I'm just doing the livingroom this time. Here's 3 shots from the front porch to the livingroom view.

Attachments

• PXL_20210915_214828074.jpg
    PXL_20210915_214828074.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20210915_214920659.jpg
    PXL_20210915_214920659.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20210915_214948688.jpg
    PXL_20210915_214948688.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 17
It's nonna be fun with 30 feet of tile to tuck to.
While I was there, I had to see how the waves were rolling in.
This is actually a 15 minute drive from home, but haven't been to the beach for 6 or 8 months. Shame on me. 🥴
The view of the jetty is from the coast guard tower location. I was hoping for a ship in the image, but it was 20+ miles offshore waiting for another ship to finish loading with logs.

Attachments

• PXL_20210915_215409870.jpg
    PXL_20210915_215409870.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20210915_224425878.jpg
    PXL_20210915_224425878.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20210915_224232335.jpg
    PXL_20210915_224232335.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20210915_224542951.jpg
    PXL_20210915_224542951.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 16
I can’t compete with your beach pictures. All I’ve got is cactus n dirt
Yes you can. The wind was a steady 25 miles per hour all day long. It wasn't 80° either.
It's 1:00 a.m. and offshore, the wind is 28 miles per hour and its 48°. Oregon's Coast is a lot different than Florida or Southern California. 😁
Grapefruit are better eating than jellyfish.......
.....not that I've ever eaten one 😱

Last edited:
We haven't had any "weather" to speak of since June. It's pretty much been our normal summer though a little dryer than our normal. This morning fall is in the air. We got down to 39 this morning. Any of you had the first chill yet?
Arizona doesn't count. 😁

Supposed to have highs in the 70s here next week. Highs in the 80s now. Not one 100 degree day all summer. Where is global warming?
It is up here where we had a week of weather 20 degrees hotter than seasonal. I will send it to you if you like because I know that I do not like it. That is 20 degrees Celsius as well.. it was bloody gross.

Supposed to have highs in the 70s here next week. Highs in the 80s now. Not one 100 degree day all summer. Where is global warming?
It was probably in Arizona or death valley.
Global warming is kind of special. If one city in a state has the highest temperature that city has ever recorded, then that's global warming even if all the rest of the cities in that state recorded average temperatures.
......that's just how it works.

Hey guys have you ever installed any of this Shaw product?
For some reason they decided to make a product that has an action back, covered in softback, then coated with some blue visqueen or something to that effect. It's a PET product. I guess it's made for people that pee on the carpet or have cats that do.
Anyway when I picked it up at the shop today I asked if you're supposed to do anything special for the seams. One of the sales people said you just want to use a lower temperature iron on it. The warehouse guy said some guys drag a knife lightly on the edges were the same would be and peel the blue stuff off, leaving just the soft back. The owner agreed but then added that that would void the warranty.
Why can't they get their s*** straight and just make carpet back we can deal with?
Anybody know anything about how to seam this particular carpet?
I'm going to see if I can get a hold of a shot rep tomorrow.

Attachments

• PXL_20210916_233317873.jpg
    PXL_20210916_233317873.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 16
Highup, that is a beautiful view!

CJ, That parquet looks like my kitchen floor (but mine doesn't have that type of backing). I wish I could find vinyl plank/tile that looks like that. If the fruit get to be larger than that then they might be pomellos. I remember pomellos being pretty huge in Singapore. Not quite as large as a basketball, but got close to it. Too bad I can't eat them as they are related to grapefruit and it conflicts with my cholesterol meds.

We got a lot of rain. Road is an absolute mess because they decided to unpave it right before big storms hit. My truck has 18" tires and still scraped the bottom on the mud. Did some slipping and sliding even with AWD. Picked up mom's prescription and she forgot to tell me she wanted something from the store & was pissy about it. I had no signal in the store so I couldn't get her calls. Got another kidney stone kicking up so I was not feeling like going back in once she got through. Visited my friend and put medicine in Nightmeow's eyes since my friend had forgotten. I held him almost the entire visit and he purred away- up until he wanted down to use the litter box.

Friend was planning to go to HD to get a crappy overpriced particle board cabinet for his kitchen. I talked him out of it and said I'll take him tomorrow to a better store that has plywood and real oak cabinets. He was afraid to try to drive there because he's blind in one eye and thus is worried he wouldn't see well enough to not get into an accident going out that way. It has some tricky intersections with loops and other crap that you have to watch for and be wary of other drivers screwing up. So I'm getting up early to take him out there. He also wants to try to find a countertop. He wants more prep space in his kitchen.

Z, I’ve been watching that tree for a few months now. The neighbor has a lemon tree and I originally thought our tree was a lime tree. I’ll see how big the fruit get. Apparently a grapefruit is a pomelo crossed with a sweet orange. Funny cus grapefruit aren’t sweet which makes me wonder what a pomelo will be like. There is a fruit picker thingy with the garden tools and there is no way a huge ass pomelo would fit in its basket so I’m kinda thinkin and hopin it’s a grapefruit tree. We’ll see. Should be a few more months before things are ripe.

Dad loves grapefruit so that would be a treat. It does mess with some medication. Blood pressure med? Not sure but he can have some grapefruit in the morning but not much and then he takes certain meds at night so as not to mess too much with the grapefruit, or is it the grapefruit that messes with the meds. Right now the big thing is trying to keep his blood sugar level in check cus he loves Mexican food but apparently Mexican food doesn’t love him. Man, gettin old must be hell.

Love watching this guy. He doesn't do videos all that often, but when he does its artwork and engineering combined.
He usually builds grinders, sanders, presses and tools. This is a new one.

Long, but worth it You can fast forward and still get the same fascination.

Latest posts

Back