What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it all wrapped up...well 99.99% of it. I have to wait for maintenance to put up the sheetrock around the vestibule tree to base it. Also have to wait for them to get me a tile from storage to replace one I broke during tile demo.
But here it is 3200 sq ft of cortec fusion. PXL_20211209_190803682.jpgPXL_20211209_190752745.jpgPXL_20211209_190811002.jpgPXL_20211209_190727941.jpg
The pictures don't do justice and there's a whole other side but I'm glad it's done! This is the biggest floater I've ever done. I'm really not big on floaters in a commercial setting but they were dead set on this product.

Well today I secured one of the three new pickups for my guitar. God love you ebay.

Scored a Lace Sensor Hot Gold for 51 dollars used. Project rebuild on the electric is coming along. New pots were last week, new jack end and now its all about finding the best pickup combination I can. It will take some time and a lot of patience but in the end I want to wire a 7 way switch and 3 single coils or if I am feeling really rowdy I will go for a humbucker on the bottom, but I think I will stick with the SSS strat style.

Got it all wrapped up...well 99.99% of it. I have to wait for maintenance to put up the sheetrock around the vestibule tree to base it. Also have to wait for them to get me a tile from storage to replace one I broke during tile demo.
But here it is 3200 sq ft of cortec fusion. View attachment 13537View attachment 13538View attachment 13539View attachment 13540
The pictures don't do justice and there's a whole other side but I'm glad it's done! This is the biggest floater I've ever done. I'm really not big on floaters in a commercial setting but they were dead set on this product.
Who is that asshole waking on your new floor!!!

Oh wow! That place looks very cool!

I'm trying to motivate myself to get up and eat something. All I had today was a Snickers bar and some pistachio nuts.

That black millwork base looks sharp. Really sets it off as opposed to plain ol cove base.

It's actually like a Forrest green. It was a total pain in the ass but it definitely looks better than ordinary cove base.
The hallway already had it and the maintenance guys removed it and are replacing it.

Who is that asshole waking on your new floor!!!
Right!!
The whole job other than demo and prep was done during business hours. So people walking all over...
Surprisingly it was smooth sailing. Everyone was nice except for one dumb broad. She couldn't except having to walk around and had a shit fit about not using a stairwell and ripped the door open scratching some planks... There's always one right?

It's actually like a Forrest green. It was a total pain in the ass but it definitely looks better than ordinary cove base.
The hallway already had it and the maintenance guys removed it and are replacing it.

Black woulda been sharp but I suppose Christmas tree green is appropriate for an air freshener place. Did you get a lifetime supply of fresheners for your van?

Right!!
The whole job other than demo and prep was done during business hours. So people walking all over...
Surprisingly it was smooth sailing. Everyone was nice except for one dumb broad. She couldn't except having to walk around and had a shit fit about not using a stairwell and ripped the door open scratching some planks... There's always one right?
Had an arrogant doctor go around a barricade and step in some glue and fall flat on his ass. He looked at us and said , what do I do now? My boss said, first thing, get the hell out of my adhesive.

Black woulda been sharp but I suppose Christmas tree green is appropriate for an air freshener place. Did you get a lifetime supply of fresheners for your van?

They always load me up on goodies. Being around the holidays there's no shortage of treats around that place.
They also always give me a huge handful of the new trees before they hit the market.
Here's a few I kept before distributing to the crew. I was a little leery about the first one, lol. Thought that would be a good way for the PoPo to rip me out of my van and beat my ass......it doesn't smell anything like it though. LolPXL_20211210_214656791.jpg

Did you ask em what they were payin?
Probably minimum wage, lol.
It boggles my mind that employers can't find any help. Between minimum wage, no benefits, no Vaca time & being expected to run ragged for 39.5 hours a week (better not get any overtime!), I don't understand why these places can't find people? Lol

Instead of dumping so much money in the welfare system, they should make a program with businesses that provides money to EMPLOYEES. Maybe the job pays $13-14 an hour and the government pitched in $5-6 an hour. That'll bring their pay up to around $20 an hour?
I would rather see that than all the degenerat's standing next to the line at the gas station with arms full of steel reserve 211's waiting for 8 o'clock to hit. 😂

Had an arrogant doctor go around a barricade and step in some glue and fall flat on his ass. He looked at us and said , what do I do now? My boss said, first thing, get the hell out of my adhesive.

I did an old folks home about 10 years ago and had that same thing happened to me only it was an CNA that ate shit. I didn't give him a hard time because they really had it rough! 60 residents on a floor with 2 CNA's each taking 30.... And it was a low end home too. Not the place you want to send dear old grandma.
Needless to say, they ran their asses off. So i understand why they tried to take a shortcut. The patients call buttons never stop!
Then to top it all off, if the asshole that has the next shift flakes out, staying on is mandatory!! Seen that plenty of times.

I did an old folks home about 10 years ago and had that same thing happened to me only it was an CNA that ate shit. I didn't give him a hard time because they really had it rough! 60 residents on a floor with 2 CNA's each taking 30.... And it was a low end home too. Not the place you want to send dear old grandma.
Needless to say, they ran their asses off. So i understand why they tried to take a shortcut. The patients call buttons never stop!
Then to top it all off, if the asshole that has the next shift flakes out, staying on is mandatory!! Seen that plenty of times.

Probably minimum wage, lol.
It boggles my mind that employers can't find any help. Between minimum wage, no benefits, no Vaca time & being expected to run ragged for 39.5 hours a week (better not get any overtime!), I don't understand why these places can't find people? Lol

Instead of dumping so much money in the welfare system, they should make a program with businesses that provides money to EMPLOYEES. Maybe the job pays $13-14 an hour and the government pitched in $5-6 an hour. That'll bring their pay up to around $20 an hour?
I would rather see that than all the degenerat's standing next to the line at the gas station with arms full of steel reserve 211's waiting for 8 o'clock to hit. 😂

Exactly. I posed the question to the old man at lunch yesterday: If the law of supply and demand states that as supply (labor) goes down then shouldn’t demand (wages) go up. So if you haven’t raised your wages then is there really a labor shortage? Or are there just a bunch of businesses pissin n moanin that they can’t find anybody but they aren’t doing anything but what they’ve always done which is to offer shit wages.

This is why I laugh whenever someone tells me there’s an installer shortage.

Did you ask em what they were payin?
I think they start at $15.00. My 16 year old grandson is working 30-40 hours a week at Dairy Queen for $15 an hour. He goes to school half days and gets school credits for working. He still can;t afford a car. The days of buying a used car for under $3,000 is over.

I need to find it again, but there was an economical assessment that said if minimum wage had gone up at the same rate as prices/inflation, we'd be looking at a minimum wage of around $33/hr now. But the minimums stagnated while CEOS started getting more and more $$$ as prices went up. Sure some actual materials/products etc went up and cost of production went up and they raised prices on everything to the consumer-- but instead of any of that $ going to the lower tier employees, it pretty much went to the higher ups.

I saw a cartoon sketch of a CEO whining that nobody would work for him & he's tried "everything". Person he's talking to said "Have you tried raising wages?"
"No, but I offered $100 sign-on bonuses if they stay 6 months! I've even tried offering a gift voucher for $5 once per week!" and it goes on with the person repeatedly telling them they should try raising wages. But nope. Here they briefly did raise wages just to get people in the door at the local McDonalds- a whopping $12/hr. But the thing is, the local franchise has to put up signs they get from corporate but doesn't have to honor the agreements. So, people came in the door applying thinking it was $12 when it wasn't. Then they lowered the signage to say $10/hr. Turns out there's a caveat on that too. It's not the starting pay. They get minimum wage until they have worked 6 months and they *might* get $10/hr if they last. But, they love to fire people just before they can qualify. They don't give a flying f*** if the employees are trained.

You must have a different economy in your area, Rusty. $15/hr is unheard of around here. Median household income is less than $25k (much of it is under $20k). People were all excited when the local Walmart started paying $11/hr. But, there are still a lot of places (like Pizza Hut) that still pay even their managers less than $8/hr. I shouldn't even get started on how waitstaff are paid $4/hr and expected to make it up in tips but the supervisors lie & claim they did make the tips when they didn't. So, not only do they get screwed on pay, they have to pay taxes as if they made minimum wage when they didn't. Even when they have enough people to fill the jobs, they still deliberately understaff (and have been doing so long before Covid). They will have 1 person to do the job of 5. Then can't figure out why that person burns out. No vacation time, they don't accept doctor's notes, they don't want to give them bathroom breaks. Walmart has this catch 22 where an employee has to take a bathroom/lunch break sometime during their shift at a specific time & if they don't take it they get written up. But, if they take that break without having another employee to fill in for them while they are gone for a few minutes, they get written up. They don't schedule employees to relieve them so they get written up no matter what. They also make them wait for the next employee to come clock in and take over but don't schedule it so they have to work overtime and they write them up for overtime. But they also write them up if they leave before relieved. After 6 writeups or so they get fired and have to wait 3 months to re-apply at a lower wage again.

There's also the fact that the supervisors will often treat employees like absolute crap. They forget they are dealing with human beings with feelings and real life issues. Someone has a family emergency or health issue-- too frickin' bad.

Ok, I'll stop ranting.. LOL.

I slept today and my stomach didn't feel great. Mom wanted food in the middle of the night so it messed up my sleep schedule. Woke up having a bizarre dream about trying to find a bathroom & Mayim Bialik was helping me search for one. In the dream, my brother beat me to the first bathroom we found so I had to find another one. Finally did and that's when I woke up realizing the stomach pains I was feeling in the dream were real and I needed to run to the bathroom & hope my brother wasn't in it already. Generally if I dream about trying to find a bathroom, it's time to wake up. LOL.

I just watched one of my fat cats try in vain to dig in a small box to make it large enough to fit him. Alas, it's way too small and he couldn't dig a bigger size into it so he gave up after several tries.

I need to find it again, but there was an economical assessment that said if minimum wage had gone up at the same rate as prices/inflation, we'd be looking at a minimum wage of around $33/hr now. But the minimums stagnated while CEOS started getting more and more $$$ as prices went up. Sure some actual materials/products etc went up and cost of production went up and they raised prices on everything to the consumer-- but instead of any of that $ going to the lower tier employees, it pretty much went to the higher ups.

I saw a cartoon sketch of a CEO whining that nobody would work for him & he's tried "everything". Person he's talking to said "Have you tried raising wages?"
"No, but I offered $100 sign-on bonuses if they stay 6 months! I've even tried offering a gift voucher for $5 once per week!" and it goes on with the person repeatedly telling them they should try raising wages. But nope. Here they briefly did raise wages just to get people in the door at the local McDonalds- a whopping $12/hr. But the thing is, the local franchise has to put up signs they get from corporate but doesn't have to honor the agreements. So, people came in the door applying thinking it was $12 when it wasn't. Then they lowered the signage to say $10/hr. Turns out there's a caveat on that too. It's not the starting pay. They get minimum wage until they have worked 6 months and they *might* get $10/hr if they last. But, they love to fire people just before they can qualify. They don't give a flying f*** if the employees are trained.

You must have a different economy in your area, Rusty. $15/hr is unheard of around here. Median household income is less than $25k (much of it is under $20k). People were all excited when the local Walmart started paying $11/hr. But, there are still a lot of places (like Pizza Hut) that still pay even their managers less than $8/hr. I shouldn't even get started on how waitstaff are paid $4/hr and expected to make it up in tips but the supervisors lie & claim they did make the tips when they didn't. So, not only do they get screwed on pay, they have to pay taxes as if they made minimum wage when they didn't. Even when they have enough people to fill the jobs, they still deliberately understaff (and have been doing so long before Covid). They will have 1 person to do the job of 5. Then can't figure out why that person burns out. No vacation time, they don't accept doctor's notes, they don't want to give them bathroom breaks. Walmart has this catch 22 where an employee has to take a bathroom/lunch break sometime during their shift at a specific time & if they don't take it they get written up. But, if they take that break without having another employee to fill in for them while they are gone for a few minutes, they get written up. They don't schedule employees to relieve them so they get written up no matter what. They also make them wait for the next employee to come clock in and take over but don't schedule it so they have to work overtime and they write them up for overtime. But they also write them up if they leave before relieved. After 6 writeups or so they get fired and have to wait 3 months to re-apply at a lower wage again.

There's also the fact that the supervisors will often treat employees like absolute crap. They forget they are dealing with human beings with feelings and real life issues. Someone has a family emergency or health issue-- too frickin' bad.

I slept today and my stomach didn't feel great. Mom wanted food in the middle of the night so it messed up my sleep schedule. Woke up having a bizarre dream about trying to find a bathroom & Mayim Bialik was helping me search for one. In the dream, my brother beat me to the first bathroom we found so I had to find another one. Finally did and that's when I woke up realizing the stomach pains I was feeling in the dream were real and I needed to run to the bathroom & hope my brother wasn't in it already. Generally if I dream about trying to find a bathroom, it's time to wake up. LOL.

I just watched one of my fat cats try in vain to dig in a small box to make it large enough to fit him. Alas, it's way too small and he couldn't dig a bigger size into it so he gave up after several tries.

That’s funny. $100 spread out over 6 months is $16.66 a month. $4.16 a week. That’s not even $1 a day for a 5 day work week. Oh thank you Mr./Mrs. CEO for that $0.83 a day. Who isn’t smart enough to spend 30 seconds on a calculator to figure out how much of an insult that bonus is.

On the plus side, Z, at least you woke up before you dreamt that you already went to the bathroom only to find out it wasn’t a dream🤪

Well the fast food places make most managers, then they put them on a weekly salary and can make them work 60 hours without overtime money.

Latest posts

Back