What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I read that jbwld works better when bonding things together instead of just existing on its own to create a plug. I picked up a cheap metal washer, scuffed it with a wire brush, scrubbed the underside of the sink & scuffed it as well. I then wiped both with an alcohol swab. Mixed the jbweld with a toothpick and put it on the washer when it was a consistent color and wiped the rest on the underside of the sink over the hole. Put the washer on the dried out noise buffering pad and stuck it to the underside of the sink-- making sure the metal of the washer went over the hole. Then I used waterproof gorilla tape to hold the pad tight against the underside of the sink since it wouldn't stay (it fell off but the washer stayed in place so I used the tape).
Now I wait for it to cure.

Mom's laptop arrived earlier than expected. Fedex left it barely on the porch so the box got rained on. Fortunately, they packed it very well so the contents were dry-- but box was slightly damp on one edge. Have it charging so she hasn't booted it up yet. She's feeling sick today. She threw up a few times. She had her flu shot over a week ago so it shouldn't be from that. I got her some chicken noodle soup and then cooked eggs and toast. Managed to cook the eggs while cooking some pork chops for the first time. I've cooked hamburger meat an steaks but never pork chops. My brother was telling me how to tell when the meat is done enough and gave me tips on heat settings, how long to cook it for, when to flip it, and when to add the aji mirren. Turned out pretty good.

I've got a headache so I'll be trying to take a nap soon.

Still setting tile at 8 pm on a Saturday. This is bathroom #2 for the day. one more tomorrow and 3 tub surrounds. Going for the 1000 sqft weekend. Bet I dont make it 🤣

16392815706512504873503461847017.jpg

Baths are a 4 foot wall and 8 foot shower. Something like 150 sqft and the tub surrounds are 100 sqft.... turns out it's only about 800 feet. piece of cake lol

So, I read that jbwld works better when bonding things together instead of just existing on its own to create a plug. I picked up a cheap metal washer, scuffed it with a wire brush, scrubbed the underside of the sink & scuffed it as well. I then wiped both with an alcohol swab. Mixed the jbweld with a toothpick and put it on the washer when it was a consistent color and wiped the rest on the underside of the sink over the hole. Put the washer on the dried out noise buffering pad and stuck it to the underside of the sink-- making sure the metal of the washer went over the hole. Then I used waterproof gorilla tape to hold the pad tight against the underside of the sink since it wouldn't stay (it fell off but the washer stayed in place so I used the tape).
Now I wait for it to cure.

Mom's laptop arrived earlier than expected. Fedex left it barely on the porch so the box got rained on. Fortunately, they packed it very well so the contents were dry-- but box was slightly damp on one edge. Have it charging so she hasn't booted it up yet. She's feeling sick today. She threw up a few times. She had her flu shot over a week ago so it shouldn't be from that. I got her some chicken noodle soup and then cooked eggs and toast. Managed to cook the eggs while cooking some pork chops for the first time. I've cooked hamburger meat an steaks but never pork chops. My brother was telling me how to tell when the meat is done enough and gave me tips on heat settings, how long to cook it for, when to flip it, and when to add the aji mirren. Turned out pretty good.

I've got a headache so I'll be trying to take a nap soon.
If I seen it sooner, I'd suggest a square backup piece cut from a soup can. A 🧲 on the top side would hold it in place.
.....next time.
Another note is that tho it's still yeally strong, JB weld and JB Quick aren't the same thing. The JB original takes overnight to cure, but it's a lot stronger and can handle a lot of heat. Most repairs don't require the strength of JB Weld Original..... but I still use it whenever I can.

Forgive me if I posted this before but damn this family is absolutely Kick-Ass.

Probably one of their best ever and little girl is getting about ready to show up her younger brothers who are 2 and 4 years older.
She's got the bass and who knows what the future will bring.
Regardless, the family has made his mark since the quarantine event happened and created this tremendous family YouTube sensation. If you're having a bad day just click onto their YouTube channel and it'll put a freaking grin on you face every time.

If I posted this before......
...sue me
....ok, I did a few seconds ago. 😁
I love this family.

Last edited:
Just got to thinking, my wife would never go for this plan. Lol

If you were in my area I know a guy that has a pile of sinks. He's a cabinet/countertop guy and whenever he does a new one, the old one goes in his pile.
I would look around a bit. I'm sure you can find one in your area for very cheap in not free.

Just got to thinking, my wife would never go for this plan. Lol

If you were in my area I know a guy that has a pile of sinks. He's a cabinet/countertop guy and whenever he does a new one, the old one goes in his pile.
cheap in not free.
I had a customer, the husband, want me to pick out faucets for their kitchen. Uh no. Not picking out something like that and hoping his wife would like it.

I probably haven't had cable for 25 years. For what Little I care about OPB, NBC ABC and a few of the bizarro channels are good enough for what I need.... Yes antenna is limited, but it's zero contract. (Free)

I'd love having antenna if I had quality content like this....
.....for free also. 😉
Anyhow nothing related to free, this is on YouTube. This fantastic facility is 120 mi away from me and I never knew until recently that it even existed.
The scripting reminds me of the deadliest catch and other similar "reality" shows..... I don't really care how scripted these shows get. To me it's all about being funny. The owner is an absolute card even when he gets annoying...... often.

Pc graphics card went on the fritz. Locked up pc. Took it out and deep cleaned it. 2 hours of use and it did it again. Dissected and deep cleaned entire pc. Have it at friends house trying to clone drives. Laptop is over thereally downloading over 50gb of updates. Don't have all my passwords on laptop or phone. May need to copy them over. Can't login to some sites. I hate using phone to type. Also can barely read the screen.
20211212_001906.jpg

Pc graphics card went on the fritz. Locked up pc. Took it out and deep cleaned it. 2 hours of use and it did it again. Dissected and deep cleaned entire pc. Have it at friends house trying to clone drives. Laptop is over thereally downloading over 50gb of updates. Don't have all my passwords on laptop or phone. May need to copy them over. Can't login to some sites. I hate using phone to type. Also can barely read the screen.
View attachment 13564
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We dumped cable about 6-7 months ago. Best decision ever. Our bill was up to about $250 a month! Freaking ridiculous!

Still have internet at $65 a month and the old lady got us fire sticks. We have Hulu, HBO max, ESPN, and Disney. I watch more now than I ever did with cable and we're under $100 a month!

Spectrum can suck it .....

T-Mobile just put up a tower in town. Like half a mile from my friend. Maybe 5 miles from me. Offering unlimited highspeed internet for $50/mo. But it says I'm outside their coverage area. Says my friend is too. But they literally just put it up a couple days ago. Saw them with the machines lifting it in place. No contracts either- supposedly. Might be worth it to ditch satellite if it works.

I don't get any of the streaming services bc it requires using either Hughesnet or going through my limited internet.

As for my pc, turns out everything but hard drives and power supply are borked. processor was corroded. video card keeps artifacting after a couple hours. BUT, another friend mentioned he wants to move his hard drives to a new pc and still has a whole computer (sans hard drives) with 8gb video card, good motherboard, processor, ram, etc. Said he'd check it and get back to me. Gonna see if he wants to sell it or gift it. I'm fine with either if I can get my stuff working again.

Mark, I pretty much had the same nooooooooo reaction when the computer screen went like that.

Meanwhile, my brother's new tv came in a day early. UPS passed it off to USPS who got it yesterday. But they didn't feel like dealing with it today so they didn't put anything in the box. My brother came out empty-handed so I went back in and politely asked and they said "Oh yeah, you have to pull around back". I forgot there was a small parking lot. Moved some stuff around and it fit on the floor in front of the back seat (although my brother had to move his seat forward for it to fit). Had to get a new mounting bracket bc it's 300mmx200mm and the mount he had was 200mmx200mm. But it fits nicely and has great picture. Hisense U6 ULED TV (it's an Ultra Quantum w/ new tech to make the picture crisper). Not as pretty as Sony's OLED, but still a lot better than the crappy Vizio he had before.

Went and got hemoglobin level checked, staying close to normal. Changed the outside door handle on my Ford van. F**k Ford. Biggest PITA I ever worked on.

Aside from oil changes, fillin my tires with air and fillin the washer fluid jug, I gladly pay someone else to work on my van when it needs it. I did buy the stereo clips so I could swap out the stereo though. Just one stock stereo for another one that had an aux input added to it. Nothin crazy like Mark would do

Tom, we have Spectrum in NC and it’s not too bad price wise. Prolly cus we’re in the boonies. I think we’re payin $130 for internet and cable with ALL the channels. Best part is I can log in and watch it on my Roku in Phoenix. The ol man has Cox here in Phoenix and it’s a rip off. I’m tryin to convince him to ditch Cox and just watch our Spectrum on a Roku but he’s got a land line and all that sort of crap that ol people like to have. Oh well, I’m not gonna change his mind so I don’t worry about it.

My little shop is on its 7th warehouse guy since I’ve started with them maybe 6 months ago. Lol. Now that’s funny to me. It’s not a bad shop, the ol man treats me great and I do the same to him so I’m not sure what’s goin on aside from just having to deal with younger kids that either quit or get canned. Anyway, the warehouse guy was busy dealing with crap from an installer that bailed on a job today so I went and picked up some materials for tomorrow’s job. Apparently I ended up deep in the hood cus I stopped for gas and there was a line of brothers waitin for gas as well. They were out of plus and super so I’m guessing they just don’t order it cus broke people don’t put super in their cars, right. Best part is when I pulled in there was a bunch of under cover police and maybe 4 people in handcuffs. I started coo cooin and sayin cuff em n stuff em Cletus like Roscoe P Coletrain would. Needless to say I moseyed on down the street to a Chevron and proceeded to dump $133 of gas in to my pig of a van. Sure wish there was a Costco near by cus I don’t believe I’ve ever paid that much for a tank of gas before.

As for my pc, turns out everything but hard drives and power supply are borked. processor was corroded. video card keeps artifacting after a couple hours. BUT, another friend mentioned he wants to move his hard drives to a new pc and still has a whole computer (sans hard drives) with 8gb video card, good motherboard, processor, ram, etc. Said he'd check it and get back to me. Gonna see if he wants to sell it or gift it. I'm fine with either if I can get my stuff working again.
That really blows Zan, other than the part where a friend might have a solution. Knock on wood but since the old AMD Athlon processors when we use to over clock things with jumpers and switches when lighting a processor or two up along the way was just part of the fun, I have never really had components die on me and man alive I torture them.
I am just about to assemble my old PC for my kid for her birthday. Running an old RX550 graphics card and 955BE Am3+ Cpu with my old Asus Sabertooth 990FX. It is a older rig now but for my kid it will be good enough. Up until 6 months ago I was running it as my main rig and it never did me poorly.

Aside from oil changes, fillin my tires with air and fillin the washer fluid jug, I gladly pay someone else to work on my van when it needs it. I did buy the stereo clips so I could swap out the stereo though. Just one stock stereo for another one that had an aux input added to it. Nothin crazy like Mark would do

Tom, we have Spectrum in NC and it’s not too bad price wise. Prolly cus we’re in the boonies. I think we’re payin $130 for internet and cable with ALL the channels. Best part is I can log in and watch it on my Roku in Phoenix. The ol man has Cox here in Phoenix and it’s a rip off. I’m tryin to convince him to ditch Cox and just watch our Spectrum on a Roku but he’s got a land line and all that sort of crap that ol people like to have. Oh well, I’m not gonna change his mind so I don’t worry about it.

My little shop is on its 7th warehouse guy since I’ve started with them maybe 6 months ago. Lol. Now that’s funny to me. It’s not a bad shop, the ol man treats me great and I do the same to him so I’m not sure what’s goin on aside from just having to deal with younger kids that either quit or get canned. Anyway, the warehouse guy was busy dealing with crap from an installer that bailed on a job today so I went and picked up some materials for tomorrow’s job. Apparently I ended up deep in the hood cus I stopped for gas and there was a line of brothers waitin for gas as well. They were out of plus and super so I’m guessing they just don’t order it cus broke people don’t put super in their cars, right. Best part is when I pulled in there was a bunch of under cover police and maybe 4 people in handcuffs. I started coo cooin and sayin cuff em n stuff em Cletus like Roscoe P Coletrain would. Needless to say I moseyed on down the street to a Chevron and proceeded to dump $133 of gas in to my pig of a van. Sure wish there was a Costco near by cus I don’t believe I’ve ever paid that much for a tank of gas before.
I still do all of my own mechanic work that I can.

Latest posts

Back