What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went out to a LVT repair today.
The customer removed an island and wanted the floor filled back in.
This stuff is a pain in the ass to take apart without damaging surrounding tiles.
0CCC3DB1-8BAC-4832-97E7-360C59A134F3.jpeg
D0742E9B-BD76-4B7D-AAC0-8962E29B1DFF.jpeg

Things are going pretty good until I ran into this.
😳
420B7DA9-2735-40E9-A452-8648CEB0A325.jpeg

it was a random stagger and when the flooring was cut around the island , The piece that was cut was used as a starter on the other side of the island throwing off the 24 inch width of the tile.
I ended up having to take up a lot more of the flooring but I got it done , and got a $100 tip 😎
2CA2438E-26BF-49D5-B74B-0365EB60E965.jpeg
ACFAF613-E4D2-4329-AFBC-9987A24B1CD3.jpeg

D83B9922-2A63-4C8E-B890-7AEF45BED0D2.jpeg

I was just thinking about the stagger not lining up and that turning into a bigger job than just a few tiles.

$100 tips are nice. My customer today asked me if I work weekends and I said no. He offered an extra $100 cash if I would come and finish up tomorrow and I replied I’ll see you at 8 AM. Money talks!

So today I’m wrapping around and meeting back up with the kitchen. Things are all lined up and I’m feelin good then I pull a boneheaded move. Lol. Has to share so you can all laugh with me.

View attachment 13783View attachment 13784
This was obviously intended for Don.
Your work is really impressive so there's no way hell I'm going to laugh at you.
.... I'm going to laugh behind your back. 😁
And I can better you. Done that same thing with a wood plank, then remade the correct cuts on another plank, only to find that that plank matches the one I'm placing it against.
Just proves I'm better than you sometimes. 😁

Last edited:
I've been following this Alex Taylor channel for about a year as they've been building a 55 Chevy from the ground up with the intention of doing six second quarter mile times. Her father is an absolute genius and there's nothing that he cannot build or weld or machine. He's one of the best automotive builders out there.
I'm not talking just about engine building, as he even lays up custom fiberglass bodies for vehicles and constructs tubular steel frames and suspension for race cars. There's nothing he can't do to perfection.
Anyway I started watching their channel less than a year ago when they started building up the 55 Chevy to become her 6 second drag car. I think she's 24 now but she's been racing seriously since high school.
Her daily driver car in high school was on 1968 Orange Camaro. I think she did her first eight second time with that car while still in school.
Must have been the coolest kid in school x10. I mean remember When 12 seconds was fast? 12 seconds is pretty fast but 8 or 9 is a lot faster.
Over the past year I've watched the entire buildup of the 55, and the races that they have done over last year's racing season. It's incredible watching where they started and what they become in the racing world.
With all that said, i just discovered her first video series. Not her first video, but her first video series showing a car that her father had built back in 2002. Once he built a car and took it to a car show, then made a couple of passes around a NASCAR track, the car was parked and has remained in the shop until last year.
I think it's an eight part series and I watched all of them tonight. It's incredible and hilarious. Every family should have a relationship like these people do.
Anyway this video series is built around a car named the Coffin car. Alex's dad constructed this car to look like the one in the Munster movie. It's built from scratch and it actually has, unlike the monster car, a real coffin as the body of the car.
I wouldn't hesitate to bet that the build quality of this car is 10 times better than the one that George Barris built for the movie.
For a few minutes of fun, check out this video, at least from the 7:47 point.
I think a lot of kids in this world need a dad like she has.

Last edited:
If that video didn't bore you too much, here's the final video of the series. They started working on the car in August and had it totally refurbished by Halloween. That was the intended purpose of reviving this old car. Once the car was torn apart and rebuilt, they did this short video which is kind of cool. Not the best screenplay, but it has its moments. 😁

Yep....
....looks like a video weekend. 😁
It's hard to believe all the wild stories that have been told over time but when you actually listen to someone talk and talk in such detail and talk so fluently....
.... Let's just say I don't deny at all that there are alien life forms out there.. at least amoebas and protozoa you know the small stuff.
But this is an interesting interview from a guy that doesn't seem like a total nut case.
If you get really bored tomorrow, it's interesting.

JCobb, I hope you recover quickly!
I couldn't get comfortable last night. Kept waking up sweating. Yesterday I was having major hot flashes. This perimenopause crap needs to go away-- been over 6 years now and it's still plaguing me.
Got up early, swept cobwebs, dust, and lint off the ceiling around the ceiling fan, swept as much of the ceiling fan as I could, swept crud off the upper cabinets. Left the one spider nest on the ceiling where I can see the spider catching bugs.
Opened a new bag of cat food, fed kitties, picked up trash, swept the hallway, cleaned the counters, and am working on laundry. Got my stuff in the dryer. I had to clean the lint filter bc my brother left it filthy. He also didn't shake his clothes out before putting them in the machine and there was trash all up in the washing machine that I had to clean out.
Transferred data from my desktop to my external drive so I can put it on my laptop. Currently transferring some of the data over.
Cooked shepherd's pie for mom. Watched a couple episodes of Forged in Fire and now I'm ready for a nap. I was going to cut weeds in the yard but its been raining all night and day.
Oh, I also re-did the layout for Mom's bathroom in Sketchup on my laptop now that I'm testing out the 2021 version. Discovered some new features and am figuring out how to customize things better. Just need to import the shelves I made from files from my desktop bc I don't want to remake those.
This is my work in progress
1641768339071.png

Today I took an at home covid test.
Today I confirmed I had covid.

At last, you get some time off. It hits everyone differently so I hope you’re at least feeling well enough to halfway enjoy your down time. My buddy just got over it. Said he didn’t feel like shit but he was drained for about a week n a half. Another buddy had it last year and he said he felt like total crap for two weeks.

Last edited:
Shortages at the store seem to be getting worse. Lots of empty shelves. I was just going to throw some tator tots in the oven to have with supper, none of any brand. My wife was wanting some breakfast burritos, there were two, total. Cheated and made cheesy hash browns, hash browns mixed with hamburger and melted cheese on top. My son loves it. My wife is still to sick to cook.

Just got done seasoning the pizzaque. Supposed to heat it up for 20 minutes then let it cool down. I was gonna make pizza tonight but my brother n I just spent forever at Joann fabrics.

I’m making a game table topper to put over the dining room table. Got some fabric for the playing surface, some foam for the arm rests and some funky lookin wipeable fabric to cover the arm rests. Waited in line forever only to be told by the cashier that we have to have it all measured at the cut table. I’ve never been to a fabric store before so how the hell do I know this. Old ladies were laughing at me. No biggie, I turned on my charm and got a discount from the gal at the cut table and another discount from the cashier when we got back up there.

Best part of the whole day is I’m sittin in my back yard drinkin a beer while the wife is makin some thick pork chops for dinner. Maybe I should go shopping more often.

78A2C4D8-3FE5-417F-8D00-58BA90370F31.jpeg

Do you feel sick, yet?
I feel like a ton of bricks too a steaming shit all over my face. Just completely drained. The upside is that is how I feel most days being a career flooring installer so no harm done :)

Feeling a lot better than yesterday. That's a plus too.
Saturday morning I was feeling fine but my eyes were sore... by noon I was on the couch and didn't move an inch until I went to bed at all. Fever of 101.8 and sore and achey and hot and cold and hot and cold.
Today is a fever of around 100.8 on average and a lot more moving about.

Took the test today because I figured it must be the covid because I never get sick.

At last, you get some time off. It hits everyone differently so I hope you’re at least feeling well enough to halfway enjoy your down time. My buddy just got over it. Said he didn’t feel like shit but he was drained for about a week n a half. Another buddy had it last year and he said he felt like total crap for two weeks.
As sick as it might sound... I have been looking forward to this since the first day we heard about covid. I am sad we are down to 10 days from 14... but I will take what I can get to sit at home. I'm top stupid to just take time off so of something forces me to... im game.
Seeing as I just picked up that new strat... couldn't be better timing ;)

Latest posts

Back