What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rusty, that sounds like a good plan. I hope you stay warm. I'm feeling hungry again even though I had pork chops early this morning. I ate the last of them though so we need more. Need to figure out what to do with the chicken. Either a soup or something different. I'm thinking something different.

Roads are ice covered. Staying home
That's one thing we don't get a lot of thank goodness. For the past couple of weeks we've been cooler than normal but that just means high temperatures in the low 40's.
We've been a whole lot wetter than normal and tho it kind of sucks, it's what we need because the last 10 years have been pretty dry so I guess it's time to get averaged up by being overwatered. The wind storm we had Sunday into Monday took down trees all over the place and closed roads til they got it cleaned up. The only bright side is everywhere I drive it smells like Christmas trees. Broken branches and branch tips everywhere. Thousands of people were without power but for some odd reason it didn't affect us. I'm only two and a half miles from town and usually our power seems to kick off before everybody else's. Supposed to be stormy again tonight into Friday so we'll see how accurate they are this time. Even though I'm protected the peak wind gust was 42 but in town and out in the open I think they were gusts over 60 and maybe 70. When those things happen I'm sure the stores sell a lot of chainsaw bar oil.

Roads are ice covered..... I drove 120 miles to get to work.

Not smart enough to stay home ;)
Why would a person drive 120 miles to go to work? For me 100 is round trip mileage. Nothing I need to do gets beyond 55 miles and quite often, work isn't more than 5 mi away. Along the coast it's 23 to 27 miles between towns with virtually nothing in between. Port orford is a town 50 mi south of me and I've been down that direction for two jobs in the past two months. It's about 75 miles to Gold Beach, and I probably haven't been down there but once in the last 10 years. Traveling Southeast, the farthest I've gone is about 50 miles but that doesn't happen but once every 10 years or less.
You can keep your 125 miles. 😉

Why would a person drive 120 miles to go to work? For me 100 is round trip mileage. Nothing I need to do gets beyond 55 miles and quite often, work isn't more than 5 mi away. Along the coast it's 23 to 27 miles between towns with virtually nothing in between. Port orford is a town 50 mi south of me and I've been down that direction for two jobs in the past two months. It's about 75 miles to Gold Beach, and I probably haven't been down there but once in the last 10 years. Traveling Southeast, the farthest I've gone is about 50 miles but that doesn't happen but once every 10 years or less.
The last 10 years,all of my work was here in town. Other side of town is about 3 miles.

Cleaned some more, went to the post office to get mail, watched last night's wrestling match on DVR with my brother. There's a guy called Luchasaurus who was teamed up with Jack Perry (son of Luke Perry) fighting the Lucha Bros. Lucha Bros were supposed to win I think but near the end of the match Rey Fenix's arm bent backwards in a freak accident. They cut cameras away from him, called an audible, and had Jack Perry (aka Jungleboy) win. He looked stunned at first and then looked upset. We could see it wasn't planned because everyone was so unhappy. But Rey posted that no bones were broken.

Mom is on the phone yapping at me. I'm waiting for her to tell me she wants food.

Because some idiot forgot his laser in his work truck which is 40 miles from my house, which is 40 miles back to my house which is 40 miles in the opposite direction of my house to get to the job I am on :)

... and today was the last day I could possibly put off doing it.

So today I’m wrapping around and meeting back up with the kitchen. Things are all lined up and I’m feelin good then I pull a boneheaded move. Lol. Has to share so you can all laugh with me.

2F6FFD45-FCA3-47F8-96C7-29759D48AAB9.jpeg
E0E9E6E0-D141-45E7-BBD5-236740F26D29.jpeg

Those are always my favorite.
You go and forget that there is actually thinking involved once in a while and this trade just bites you in the ass.

Glad to see you can share the shame ;)

Because some idiot forgot his laser in his work truck which is 40 miles from my house, which is 40 miles back to my house which is 40 miles in the opposite direction of my house to get to the job I am on :)

... and today was the last day I could possibly put off doing it.
Everybody makes mistakes. Give the guy a second chance because if you don't then your business is going to go to hell in a handbasket

Latest posts

Back