What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s what a normal vaccine is. These Covid jabs are mRNA things. The mRNA tells your body to make a spike protein that resembles Covid and then your body learns how to fight the spike protein. According to the CDC’s own website the jab doesn’t meet their definition of what a vaccine is yet it is being called a vaccine because the drug manufacturers have immunity when it comes to vaccines.
.....so what if you're a slow learner?

My brother thanked me for cleaning out the fridge. I'm surprised he noticed. I cooked myself some pork chops. Then my brother was cooking some for himself but Mom decided to come out and sabotage his cooking (every once in awhile she will sabotage our cooking- not sure why). She claims she called out to us but we would have heard her if she actually did. We were in the living room when I looked through the glass door and saw her in front of the air fryer. I told my brother and he turned to look just as she was shutting it off. He rushed out there asking her wth she was doing. She claimed she smelled something burning (there was no burning smell-- bro joked she's so white she can't tell the differences between spices and burning). She was either lying or mistaken when she told me she saw stuff burning inside the air fryer. Nothing was burnt. I don't know if she does it on purpose or what, but she has to f*** with stuff sometimes. My brother was enraged. When she went into the living room I could see him flailing his hands, slamming cabinet doors, and ranting. I can't really blame him. He didn't know how much time was left on the food so he had to start it over and guess. Overcooked it a bit. He asked Mom to please not turn stuff off like that again. She refused to agree to that. She also wouldn't apologize. Just doubled down. She's been acting sort of bipolar today. One minute happy and the next losing her temper on things.
I didn't get to the litterboxes today. Procrastination and not wanting to deal with that sh**. LOL. I will make myself do it tomorrow.
Need to hit samsclub again soon. Get more litter, water, milk, etc.

As an aside, I saw a thread about stair treads and was wondering about how vinyl plank is done on stairs. Doesn't seem to me that clicklock can be used on stairs. Is it glued down or something? How do you put vinyl plank on steps? Or are there special planks for it?

As an aside, I saw a thread about stair treads and was wondering about how vinyl plank is done on stairs. Doesn't seem to me that clicklock can be used on stairs. Is it glued down or something? How do you put vinyl plank on steps? Or are there special planks for it?

You can do LVP on stairs just as you would do laminate or engineered on stairs. There are a lot of variables with LVP. Some brands aren’t warrantied on stairs, others you might have to scrape the foam pad off the back. I think there are some that are rated to leave the pad on the back on but require a specific adhesive. Then you have the whole stair nose issue. Some have a flush mount while others only offer an overlap. I’ve done some neat ones that were metal that clicked into the planks for a flush mount fit.

As far as your mom Fn with you n your brother, she’s old and feisty and maybe that’s the only joy she gets🤷🏻‍♂️ My dad does that sometimes to my brother just because. He will purposely park his car a little farther over in the garage just enough so that my brother can’t fit his car in there and open the door enough to get out of his car. My brother will say something and my dad just smirks and tells him that’s what he gets for buyin a 2 door. If he had a 4 door he would be able to open the doors and get out of the car after he parked in the garage. My van won’t fit in the garage so it doesn’t affect me but I know it chaps my brother just a little that he has to park in the driveway.

I have part of a tree down in my driveway. With the cold and my wife being sick, don't have time to remove it. We usually have room for 3 cars side to side,but only two now, and they are squeezed together,

CJ, funny that your dad does that. I wish we had a garage. Mom wasn't amused or showing her usual signs of joy she gets from messing with us so I don't know what the deal was. Lately she's been complaining about smells that no one else smells.

Rusty, I hope the tree didn't damage anything. I'm waiting for it to warm up above freezing so I can go to the store. I hope my brother didn't leave the bottled water in the truck the last few nights. Gonna suck if he did. I should go check but it's still freezing out there.

Woke up to cats having a dispute about something in the kitchen. I had to go break it up. Already had a bowl of soup and taken my vitamins. I'm still hungry though. Maybe I'll have a bowl of cereal. I need to restock the fridge somewhat. Not sure what to get though. maybe some hamburger meat so I can make shepherd's pie. But lately the meat has had chunks of bone in it. The quality has gotten worse.

Nothin but fun today. I believe someone on TFP was wondering how to get planks clicked together when there was a door jamb preventing them from being angled in. These little pry bars are the bomb. Slide them under the plank just like the old Khars wedges. Gives you just a little angle to tap them in and if that doesn’t work then you can always shave the groove and glue them together.

4E3D35BB-71D5-4909-A902-482A51DFD067.jpeg
14B0F585-7066-4C41-8BB7-2186E0312F66.jpeg

What do you guys like to use to seal up a tub or shower. I’ve fallen in love with Dap Ultra or Lexel. That stuff is crystal clear and, unlike silicone, is pretty damn permanent. The only thing with it being crystals clear is you have to have a decent bump to whatever you’re bumping otherwise a crappy cut will show.
B6DADB36-C9AE-4C41-B70E-BA1BDA27FE29.jpeg
433F49C0-D720-4ED4-9728-C9FA6401DB43.jpeg

Havasu, I chipped a tooth on some bone in the "sirloin" meat hamburger meat from Walmart. Not supposed to be any bones in that cut. I've noticed what they are advertising as "Angus" looks exactly the same as the rest of the hamburger meat. It used to look different-- color was redder IIRC. But now it looks identical. I'm willing to bet they are packaging the cheaper meat as Angus.

Never had the cereal but did get my brother to go to the store with me. Popped in to clearance aisle after picking up his RX while he waited on a rotisserie chicken to be pulled out of the oven in the deli section. They claimed it was the "family size" butter garlic. It was the smaller sized one & did not have the right flavoring. I think the employee mixed up the chickens. Meat on it was really tough too. But, back to clearance: I scored a circular pillow- perfect for leaning my head against when I sit up and read in bed-- and a laundry basket. They have been super expensive and I needed more (some of my older ones broke) so it was nice to get a tiny discount. Might go back for more later.

I napped after putting away groceries and then forced myself to clean litterboxes. Found that the cats in the front room had been using litterbox lids as litterboxes bc I waited too long to clean. My fault and I can't be mad at them because they were technically litterboxes and they were bein good kitties. They also went on some plastic bags that litter had spilled on. A bunch of crap had spilled out of one of the boxes on to the tray of the kitty condo. Had to get my brother to lift the condo so I could remove the tray. I dumped and scrubbed all of the litterboxes and the tray. Swept up, took out a bunch of trash, got new litter poured in and angled the kitty condo better. I had a bit of a sneezing fit after pouring the fresh litter. Namir was sleeping on one of the shelves but Temjin decided to sleep in the litterbox. LOL. I also used the broom to sweep cobwebs off of the front door and the areas around it.

I had just finished cleaning when Mom came out and wanted food. She was patient though. She could see I was sweating like crazy and was huffing and puffing. I got her some soup and then after I cooled off I got her a Hungry Man meal. Not up to cooking on the stove. My back did not like all of the bending I had to do.

Dogs and cats loved the pillow I got. I tossed it on the bed and the dog pounced on it and went to sleep. Later one of the cats was walking over it, stopped, and decided it was perfect so he curled up on it. I waited until it was free to grab it.

Chris, I still have a Kahrs wedge in my box.
Red plastic wedge with a rope loop. I’ve used a pry bar, small speed square, and other things to give the board a little lift. I lost my big Kahrs tapping block. I used the hell out of that tool.

I almost forgot the best part of my day. I had to paint 22 16’ baseboards. From set up to clean up and done in just a little over 1 hour. I love my cordless sprayer. I seriously hated painting before I got that thing. Now I just hate furniture.

LOL. So, you love having someone else do the work? Can't blame you. I don't mind painting. I still remember my friend worrying he was going to offend me when he got new cabinets and he joked "Well, I guess you'll be painting these tomorrow". Then he was made sure I knew he was kidding. But I was over the next day painting. I still need to sand and re-seal his butcherblock countertop. Need to paint in another friend's kitchen too.

I want Mom to pick paint colors for her bathroom but she said she wants the back door fixed first and then wants my bathroom fixed. I need to get my waterlines under the sink hooked up since I want to have water in there asap. She has no idea how bad the back hallway is or why it is so hard to replace the door. It's not just a matter of popping a new door in. I have to get my brother to clean his crap up and get it out of the way, repair the subfloor, level the floor, make sure there will be room for the vinyl plank to be put over it, install an actual proper header, trim the cripples, move some wiring that runs through the cripples, install a proper electrical box for an outdoor light, install new jack studs, add in supports for the awning, put insulation in the walls, & put in some sort of drywall around the back door. I need to gut the bathroom directly next to the door-- including taking down a couple non-loadbearing walls and see how bad the floor is underneath. Depending on how bad the floor is will affect how to proceed on the floor near the door. Because I will need to know how thick the plywood will be if I have to fully replace it.

Or do you think I could just do the door part and then try to get everything else to the same level? Floor won't have to be pretty underneath the vinyl plank-- just flat and level.

I'm awake early and have taken my vitamins. Waiting for allergy meds to kick in. Will be going up to Samsclub today today to get milk, water, & more cat food.

Rusty, I hope she's doing OK!

I cleaned the counters, cleaned appliances that sit on the counters, & picked up trash before heading out to the store. My brother & I stopped at Panda to eat. Then off to Sams to get aforementioned items. Mom had requested bbq chips so I got some for her. She keeps asking for the brown rice and quinoa but they haven't carried that in years and I keep explaining to her they don't sell it.

Stopped at Lowes & HomeDepot to get paint chips and some hardware stuff. Then dropped in to see my friend. Nightmeow came charging over to me so I scooped him up and held him. We had to put him in the house when we left to keep him from chasing after us. He keeps wanting to go home with us. I really wish we could take him. He is such a sweet little kitty.

Got home, unloaded groceries, cleaned the toilet, cooked for Mom, fed the cats, loudly sang obscene songs in the kitchen while doing more cleaning. Sang less obscene songs when Mom walked through the kitchen. Gravy Jones was hollering at me while I was singing and Mom started laughing. She also laughed about the "River Troll" line in one of the songs (it was a bard song from ESO called "On Topal Bay"-- the line is "She never saw the river troll and never had a chance to flee"). The cats meow whenever I sing that one. Got a mild sinus headache and I'm thinking of taking a nap.

I got a 5 micron bag for my dust collector a while ago but finally put it on today. Man what a difference. I got the bigger bag that is meant for the 1200 CFM dust collector, mine is only rated for 600 CFM. My thinking was the bigger bag with more surface area would offset the loss of CFM due to the finer mesh. Gotta say I’m quite impressed. You can really hear it suck😁.

I got a 5 micron bag for my dust collector a while ago but finally put it on today. Man what a difference. I got the bigger bag that is meant for the 1200 CFM dust collector, mine is only rated for 600 CFM. My thinking was the bigger bag with more surface area would offset the loss of CFM due to the finer mesh. Gotta say I’m quite impressed. You can really hear it suck😁.

View attachment 13778
I like your logic.

The "suckulation" LOL!
Woke up early because Fippy was growling at everything. Let him in to Mom's room and then made myself some pork chops. Fed and watered Temjin & Namir. They both ran out of the room separately so I had to catch them and put them back. Temjin is no longer sleeping in the litterbox. Namir keeps wanting to go eat from the "big kitty" food bowls in the kitchen but he's afraid of the big kitties. He was saying some ugly things to Senator Snugglebum, who clearly took umbrage. Temjin keeps wanting to go to the water tub on the counter.

Brushed my teeth but couldn't get some meat out from between some top molars even with floss. Couldn't get the picks to go through the gap. Finally got a pick with silicone bristles to go through enough to dislodge stuff and used the plastic pick part to pull it the rest of the way out. That particular spot has been giving me grief for the past few weeks. Gums keep getting irritated and swollen.

I may have to go to Walmart later for more meat and some medicine. Mom wants more cough drops and I'm trying to remember what else we need. I had been making a mental list. Butter spray. And some other stuff I need to remember. LOL.

Latest posts

Back