What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk of chicken soup is makin me hungry. Z, do you take a statin? My buddy takes one and he said it just wipes him out. He would tell his doctor about it and the doctor would keep adjusting his dose and it was really affecting him bad cus that stuff takes time to work and adjust so this went on for months. He started taking it at night, on his own, instead of in the morning and that makes a big difference for him. He’s done for the night within about an hour of taking it but at least he can function during the day.

When my brother was in the hospital they were giving him so many pills for anything and everything. He had a feeding tube for a while and it was giving him terrible heartburn at night. He would ask if they could turn the feeding tube off for a couple hours. Nope, they can’t do that but here’s a pill for your heartburn. He waited until the nurse left the room and turned off the feeding tube so he could get some sleep only to have it turned back on again when the next nurse came in. Some other medication they were giving him caused hand tremors and had ED as another side effect but I’m sure there are pills to fix those problems. And the cycle continues. That’s our health care system for ya. All you have to do is experience it for your self and you will never question those people who refuse to get the jab.

My mother likes Ozarka. We get the 1 litre bottles in 15packs. Will need to go get more soon.
Sky looks gray from what I can see through my fogged up windows. It was 49° earlier. I think it's warming up a little. I ended up not getting anything done yesterday. Felt too crappy. I think it's the weather.

I watched a program about the Mayans the other night and then this morning I watched one about the Aztecs. The aquaduct systems they made are pretty cool.

Aztecs had a city called Tenochtitlan that was made out of manmade islands called Chinampas on a saltwater lake. They put down reed mats, staked them down with sharpened branches/wood, piled leaves, grass, shrubs, and mud on top until they sunk and formed islands. The islands were fertile enough to grow crops. They also made some large enough to hold livestock. Since they didn't have fresh water from the lake they had to make aquaducts out of stone and clay to carry fresh water from the hills. They had hollowed wood as pipes over the water parts bridging the clay ducts.

I love watching history programs about ancient technology and cultures like that.

I played the "grab cats and put them out of the room while another cat runs in" game for about 20 minutes this morning. First I mistook our fat black cat Boo for the dog, Fippy (they are about the same size) so he got in, but I didn't notice. I went to go in to the bathroom and Bethesda zerged in. When I was putting her out, Sir Hammington zerged in. I put him out and Bethesda ran back in. I put her out and Itsy ran in and got on top of the tall armoire. I got Boo to come over to me and put him out but Sir Hammington ran back in. So I put him out and hit my own foot with the door while blocking more cats from getting out. I then sat in the bathroom and sang Celtic songs until Itsy got down off the furniture so I could reach her and take her out of the room. I was worried it was disturbing my mother, but I heard her snoring partway through, so she fell asleep to my singing. Now I feel exhausted again. LOL.
I have such low energy.
I did get up and cook some pork chops in the air fryer, washed some dishes, and cleaned the pressure cookers out. We have a bunch of boneless skinless chicken thighs to cook up in a soup. My brother makes the broth and I toss the chicken in.
Did you know that Mexicans (Aztecs) and Guatemalans (Mayans) still don't like each other? I know a few of each. They also have vastly different diets. Guatemalans don't eat all the hot spicy stuff.

There have been an estimated 79,000 people in Australia with severe side effects from the vaccine. The government is considering as much as $600,000 each in compensation. I just wish the CDC would quit hiding the side effects.

There have been an estimated 79,000 people in Australia with severe side effects from the vaccine. The government is considering as much as $600,000 each in compensation. I just wish the CDC would quit hiding the side effects.
https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccine-claims-schemeI mean, or not.

There have been 79000 claims of adverse side effects, the majority of which are "a sore arm", headaches fever and chills. I really do not think anyone is about to be compensated 600K for a sore arm or headache.

This is how information gets sensationalized and not processed.

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccine-claims-schemeI mean, or not.

There have been 79000 claims of adverse side effects, the majority of which are "a sore arm", headaches fever and chills. I really do not think anyone is about to be compensated 600K for a sore arm or headache.

This is how information gets sensationalized and not processed.

I agree Mark as a lot of Aussie news comes our way and I am in contact with several medical staff from Aussie every few days who still recommend people to get vaccinated so if there were so many reaction claims it could be a different story
I think the main reason Aussie has high numbers of covid cases there as a lot of people havent played the game and just carried on as life was before covid, no masks, no nothing different. In NZ we are very compliant and do what we are told, dont know if that is good or bad,
I understand that a couple of bad reactions have happened in NZ but we use Pfizer if that makes a difference. I do know people who have had sore arms etc but the shots didnt worry me at all.
Just think of the number of vaccines given out over the world to date
This is what I found for NZ

The most common reported side effects​

The top 10 reported adverse events were:

• Dizziness: 12,041 reports
  • Headache: 11,617 reports
  • Lethargy: 9,469 reports
  • Pain at the injection site: 9,238 reports
  • Nausea: 8,258 reports
  • Chest discomfort: 6,105 reports
  • Influenza-like illness: 5,062 reports
  • Fever: 5,062 reports
  • Numbness: 3,690 reports
  • Shortness of breath: 3,609 reports

Last edited:
There have been close to 500,000 bad side effects in the US. And then , look at Israel..
The testimonies project | Testimonies after Covid-19 vaccination

We can’t look at other countries cus if we did we would have to admit the jab isn’t all it’s cracked up to be as well as ask the question as to why aren’t we using other known medications that are safe and do work. The more information that comes out that contradicts the BS we’re all being fed, the less crazy the non compliers are.

Secondly, if you get the jab and have serious side effects within 14 days of getting the jab you are still considered unvaccinated so your issues wouldn’t be considered an adverse side effect because of the jab.

I got my jab and I have had nothing more than a sore arm after my second shot but that doesn’t mean shit doesn’t happen to enough people out there to cause one to question whether they really want the jab or not.

Is that something you can do or is it done at the doctor's office?
I am ignoant medically speaking. I only learned 4 years ago that ibuprofen reduces inflammation. 🥺

High winds 10 miles off the coast, 60 to 65 mph. Strange how our winds come from the south and thankfully not straight at us from the west. So far, the peak gust at my place was18. I'm a bit protected by trees, so my guage isn't very accurate. IIs constant rumbling in the trees tho, so ill have to compare the rumbling sound to the guage..... ie: guage says 15, so the rumbling must be .....25? 24? I'll worry if it sounds like a freight train whistle. 😁
I think it's been about a week and a half since we went out to the coast to see how the waves were doing. Here's last week compared to today. Today was a super low tide exposing all the rocks. Normally on a low tide you can't walk all the way out to the island.
...... It's illegal to do so anyway and I've never been out there. Maybe once. 😁
Usually the Sandy part of the island has dozens if not hundreds of sea lions on it making all kinds of noise. Personally and in total agreement with a fisherman, they would make really nice slippers. 😉
In the winter the storms of the wind take the sand off the beach. In the summer much of this Rocky era is covered with a few feet of sand. Way too windy to take a walk today so we just took a peek turned around and came home. No whale watching with all these white caps.

Attachments

• PXL_20211225_004928320.jpg
    PXL_20211225_004928320.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20220103_004914952.jpg
    PXL_20220103_004914952.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 15
Is that something you can do or is it done at the doctor's office?
I am ignoant medically speaking. I only learned 4 years ago that ibuprofen reduces inflammation. 🥺
It is an outpatient procedure at a hospital. It is an IV that takes about an hour. You just sit in a chair and they give it. But I have to drive about an hour. I had three over 6 weeks before.

CJ, I take statins. Atorvastatin to be exact. My brother got started on it a few months ago and keeps griping about how it makes his urine smell bad. I vaguely recall smelling something when I first started taking it but it's been years so if there is any odor I'm noseblind to it. I didn't know it causes fatigue. Might explain some things. Lately I've been taking my vitamins in the morning and my medicines at night. I'm supposed to eat with my Metformin and not eat with Levothyroxin but I take them both at the same time and wait at least an hour after to eat something. I don't eat for 4 hours before taking it. Not eating with Metformin doesn't bug my stomach any.

My take on the vaccine is that they use a weakened version of the virus so any side effects one gets are lesser than what they would get with the full-on virus. That's how it works with other vaccines. So, all these people with bad side effects would likely be worse off if they actually got the full Covid. It's one of those things where you never know how someone is going to react. I've had to take so many vaccines in my life that I'm not worried about it, but then, I'm apathetic about a lot of things. I do think that some reactions people are having are psychosomatic. I know someone who volunteered for the vaccine trials and she had a bad reaction to a placebo but not to the real vaccine. She felt that she reacted badly to the placebo because she was expecting to have symptoms.

Highup, be careful with the Ibuprofen. It can be bad for your health longterm. My doctor stopped prescribing it. But then, I had to take like 1800mg for it to have any effect on me at all.

Rusty, yeah, it is a shame about the hatred between the two groups. I still remember watching some "based on a true story" movie about two teens from Guatemala who fled to the US and sought asylum. But they ignorantly lied about being Mexican instead so they got deported and died. My father told me that if they had told the truth they would have been granted asylum as they were being persecuted & were in danger. Guatemalans get slaughtered.

My brain is wanting me to get up and do something productive but my body doesn't want to move. LOL.

CJ, I take statins. Atorvastatin to be exact. My brother got started on it a few months ago and keeps griping about how it makes his urine smell bad. I vaguely recall smelling something when I first started taking it but it's been years so if there is any odor I'm noseblind to it. I didn't know it causes fatigue. Might explain some things. Lately I've been taking my vitamins in the morning and my medicines at night. I'm supposed to eat with my Metformin and not eat with Levothyroxin but I take them both at the same time and wait at least an hour after to eat something. I don't eat for 4 hours before taking it. Not eating with Metformin doesn't bug my stomach any.

My take on the vaccine is that they use a weakened version of the virus so any side effects one gets are lesser than what they would get with the full-on virus. That's how it works with other vaccines. So, all these people with bad side effects would likely be worse off if they actually got the full Covid. It's one of those things where you never know how someone is going to react. I've had to take so many vaccines in my life that I'm not worried about it, but then, I'm apathetic about a lot of things. I do think that some reactions people are having are psychosomatic. I know someone who volunteered for the vaccine trials and she had a bad reaction to a placebo but not to the real vaccine. She felt that she reacted badly to the placebo because she was expecting to have symptoms.

Highup, be careful with the Ibuprofen. It can be bad for your health longterm. My doctor stopped prescribing it. But then, I had to take like 1800mg for it to have any effect on me at all.

Rusty, yeah, it is a shame about the hatred between the two groups. I still remember watching some "based on a true story" movie about two teens from Guatemala who fled to the US and sought asylum. But they ignorantly lied about being Mexican instead so they got deported and died. My father told me that if they had told the truth they would have been granted asylum as they were being persecuted & were in danger. Guatemalans get slaughtered.

My brain is wanting me to get up and do something productive but my body doesn't want to move. LOL.
One of my granddaughter's father was Mayan and got deported. We heard that he was killed. The Guatemalan government, that our country put into power, killed over 100,000 Mayans, simply because they were Mayan. That is why so many came north.

1800 is probably not the recommended daily dose when you need some relief. 😁
I read that taking any more than 400 mg three times a day has very little if any additional effect. 400 mg once in the morning is about the most I ever do.

My take on the vaccine is that they use a weakened version of the virus

That’s what a normal vaccine is. These Covid jabs are mRNA things. The mRNA tells your body to make a spike protein that resembles Covid and then your body learns how to fight the spike protein. According to the CDC’s own website the jab doesn’t meet their definition of what a vaccine is yet it is being called a vaccine because the drug manufacturers have immunity when it comes to vaccines.

Latest posts

Back