What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of these days, my friend!
Hav Looking for something else on the Seabourn site I found these photos of the standard cabins of which I could just about live in the bathrooms
Have a flick through them, I wonder how Viking cabins compare and pricewise ?
https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/pho...veranda-suite-415148/veranda-suite--v18539040
Hav have you heard that Crystal cruises are bankrupt. Wonder how the passengers are going to get their money back for sailings not going. Bankcard???

Last edited:
My sister is a retired RN. She doesn't think that NPs should be pretending to be doctors.
I think I agree with her. Especially this NP. An RN friend of mine told me that the medicine combo she gave me can cause long QT, should not be given to someone with heart conditions, and should pretty much only be done on an inpatient in the telemetry ward.

Meanwhile, bc I was feeling so craptastic, I forgot to put Reflectix back up on the well shed and none of the plugs inside work to plug in a heater so the water in the pump froze. I hope it didn't break anything, but I'm waiting for it to thaw out now. So, no running water. I think we still have water in buckets though.

I think I agree with her. Especially this NP. An RN friend of mine told me that the medicine combo she gave me can cause long QT, should not be given to someone with heart conditions, and should pretty much only be done on an inpatient in the telemetry ward.

Meanwhile, bc I was feeling so craptastic, I forgot to put Reflectix back up on the well shed and none of the plugs inside work to plug in a heater so the water in the pump froze. I hope it didn't break anything, but I'm waiting for it to thaw out now. So, no running water. I think we still have water in buckets though.
With any luck maybe it's just the water frozen in the fittings or lines that were exposed rather than the entire pump.
I'm sure glad we don't have cold weather around here. I think the coldest we've gotten this year was 28. There's a couple bowls outside with water in them for the birds and a couple of times those of frozen over very lightly, enough that you could easily push your finger through the top. The birds didn't seem to mind so I guess....
....cold weather is for the birds?
Currently it's 34° and the low was 33. Not super unusual.

Good news is it thawed and water is running. But it's cold and I'm not going outside to look at stuff. LOL. My guts don't like me today. I saw a meme online saying:
If you're happy and you know it stay in bed
If you're happy and you know it stay in bed or you'll regret it

So, that is my plan for today.

Good news is it thawed and water is running. But it's cold and I'm not going outside to look at stuff. LOL. My guts don't like me today. I saw a meme online saying:
If you're happy and you know it stay in bed or you'll regret it

So, that is my plan for today.

Nothin like your own bed! Enjoy it while you can. Almost every weekend I want to stay in bed and sleep in a little cus it’s so nice n warm but I gotta get up and cook breakfast for my dad. He’s funny like that. If I sleep in just a little, when I do get up he’s sitting at the dining room table just waiting. Makes me feel bad. My buddy on the east coast called me at 5:30 this morning so I get up to chat with him so I don’t wake my wife up and darn it if the old man isn’t already up. Lol. That’s what he gets for goin to bed at 6.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Still feeling tired. My uncle asked why my brother didn't put the Reflectix up and I had a good laugh. It was a public message so I didn't tell him bc my brother is lazy and thinks everything is my responsibility. I told him its bc my brother doesn't do the home repair stuff. He has no interest in stuff like that.

One of his cats was trying to tear my my clothes hanging in the closet. I probably can't fit in them anymore but it was still annoying. He was trying his best to rip them down. I was throwing empty medicine bottles at him but my aim is terrible. Then my one-eyed cat started picking stuff up off my night stand with her paw sniffing it, flinging it away, and grabbing more stuff. I had to tap her nose when she tried to bite the cord for the phone charger.

Kitties are restless because it's too cold to go outside.

With any luck maybe it's just the water frozen in the fittings or lines that were exposed rather than the entire pump.
I'm sure glad we don't have cold weather around here. I think the coldest we've gotten this year was 28. There's a couple bowls outside with water in them for the birds and a couple of times those of frozen over very lightly, enough that you could easily push your finger through the top. The birds didn't seem to mind so I guess....
....cold weather is for the birds?
Currently it's 34° and the low was 33. Not super unusual.

Yeah....... I'm over the cold and snow big time!!!
It gets down to negative 20-30F here in northern NY.
My well line freeze's up at around -10. I have heat tape on the line that freeze's up and when it does just kill the power to the pump and plug in an extension cord to the tape. About 15 minutes I'm back in business. Then just let the water run about 10 min to melt itself open.
The cold is hard on everything here.

First time I had a Covid test they stuck a brush up into my sinuses and twirled it several times, then repeated it in the other nostril. Last time I had a test they halfassedly barely put the q-tip in my nose, didn't even make a full run around each nostril. I've read the instructions. They are supposed to swab throat and then both nostrils (making 5 rounds in each nostril) to do the rapid test properly. My friend tested negative on the half-assed swab but tested positive on the thorough swab.

I got up to cook for Mom twice and cooked a porkchop for myself. Hauled a case of water into the living room and was wheezing. I'm ready for another nap. Mom isn't feeling great today either. She's very tired. I hope she doesn't have whatever I have.

I'm done with the cold as well. It never used to get this cold here but last few years we've had record low temps in winter and record high temps in summer.

Beautiful sunny day here but cold, in the 20's. Got about an inch and half of powdery snow last night. Still haven't had to get the snow blower out.
Can you just leave the garage door a couple feet open with a huge fan blowing. Maybe two fans, type like the janitorial supplies use, shaped like a snail.
Open the door foot or so put a fan on each side and the snow would get blown out of your driveway before it landed on your driveway.
I'm sorry my MacGyver instincts never quit thinkin'. 😁

Nothin like your own bed! Enjoy it while you can. Almost every weekend I want to stay in bed and sleep in a little cus it’s so nice n warm but I gotta get up and cook breakfast for my dad. He’s funny like that. If I sleep in just a little, when I do get up he’s sitting at the dining room table just waiting. Makes me feel bad. My buddy on the east coast called me at 5:30 this morning so I get up to chat with him so I don’t wake my wife up and darn it if the old man isn’t already up. Lol. That’s what he gets for goin to bed at 6.
6:00???? Really. I don't get home till after 6:00 and I don't eat dinner till 9:00.
........gotta go, it's almost 10:00 and I microwave just went ding ding.
high-up, out!
See ya at breakfast time, aka 9 am. 😉

Can you just leave the garage door a couple feet open with a huge fan blowing. Maybe two fans, type like the janitorial supplies use, shaped like a snail.
Open the door foot or so put a fan on each side and the snow would get blown out of your driveway before it landed on your driveway.
I'm sorry my MacGyver instincts never quit thinkin'. 😁

Most of the wealthy folks around my area pay for heated driveways. Same system as in floor heat with the pex line but they add glycol. Keeps the driveway just warm enough the snow doesn't stick.......

When I hit the lotto......

My day,
Get up, make coffee, breakfast, pack my lunch…
Drive to the shop, load up 59 yards of carpet/ pad, and some LVT.
I called the customer when leaving shop and got a voicemail.
Get to the job at 8 as scheduled.
I knocked on the door ,no answer.
Call the work number no answer.
Call the shop and got a cell phone number and no answer.
After waiting one hour she finally called the store to tell them she wants it February 24 not January.
The job was originally scheduled for last week week and she postponed it one week ( so she screwed up the schedule last week too)
Apparently she was there the whole time and didn’t have the decency to call me.
Frickin people 👊🏽

Latest posts

Back