What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel a lot better today and so does my wife. My daughter and my 16 year old grandson tested positive. My daughter has no symptoms, my grandson the sniffles. Bad part is he has to miss a week's work.

Sorry for your loss Rusty, maybe share a memory about your brother........ Glad to hear you’re on the mend from Rona take 3 and best wishes going forward.
My brother was a sign painter for several years. He hand painted all the fancy stuff on the cars at the Winternational in Columbus Ohio for several years. Last time I saw him there I went out on a job with him. Suzuki was testing an experimental motorcycle and had him letter all the stuff on it. In the middle part of his life, he was a draftsman and engineer for Boeing.

Kind of an end of an era for me. This is the license plate I've had for maybe 20 years, it is also my CFI number. I'm no longer active in CFI and I wanted a Navy Veteran plate. It was 1 number to big for the new plate,so I took what they give me which remains to be seen.
1642623291389.jpeg

Rusty, I'm glad you and your wife are feeling better. Hope the daughter and grandson don't get too sick. We're under thunderstorm watch so the barometric pressure changed and is affecting my sinuses in a bad way. Got my kitty, Rupert, sitting on me purring away and it helps a little.
1642630522622.png

Wow. That's one truck driver that just lost a job.

Feeling cruddy but could be worse. Nice neighbor who comes around to check on us brought more hay for the cows. Refused to accept any payment. I was asleep when he dropped it off so he called to let us know.

My brother had me laughing really hard earlier. He called out to Gravy Jones (one of our more annoying cats) to jump on the potato bin. Gravy jumped up there, he starts petting him and saying "Are you a smart feller?" while Gravy turned in circles. Then he says "No, but you're a FART SMELLER!" and farted right in the cat's face. Cat ran away and I was doubled over laughing.

So, the medicine combo the NP put me on is some experimental treatment for Covid and not related to bronchitis- not even proven to be effective. Had to stop taking both because I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. Waiting for my doctor to call me back about what to do next and if I should get different medicine. I developed a rash on my face and started itching on it, my arms, and scalp after taking it last time. ugh.

It's also cold in here- although the kitties are keeping me warm and vice versa.

Yeah, at this point the vaccine is just to give people stronger more resistance to Covid if we get it. Less chance of hospitalization.

Went to the grocery store and post office. Feel absolutely exhausted. I'm about to take a nap.

Wrapped up about 500 sq ft of 2 1/4" solid pre finished hardwood today. R&D carpet, minor subfloor repair, install hardwood & Q round.....3 guys 3 days.

I normally work with only one helper but lately been picking up a third for solid hardwood jobs. It really makes quite the difference. One guy cutting, one guy racking & me pounding the M3. It picks up the pace substantially.

Turned out great & the customer was very happy with it. Even scored a $150 tip!!! Split that with the boys and got enough for some takeout tonight. I'm in the mood for hot wings and a cold beer for supper!

Man am I glad it's Friday. Beating on that damn stapler for 3 days really put the pain on me! Got a small carpet job tomorrow for a buddy of mine that flips house's. His guys get the carpet there and tacked and padded, all I do is put it together and stretch er in. Then they clean up scraps and vacuum....not a bad little gig.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been blessed with good tamales. Today was my day. I found out where Maria the tamale lady stops at on Friday’s and I picked up a dozen for $20. 6 red and 6 green.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been blessed with good tamales. Today was my day. I found out where Maria the tamale lady stops at on Friday’s and I picked up a dozen for $20. 6 red and 6 green.
My daughter worked with some Hispanic women for 4 years. She makes them just like they do.

Tom , you gotta love the 2 1/4” hardwood 😳
Makes me appreciate the 9” wide x 16’ long heart pine job I get once every 5 years 😎

Right? Work your ass off for a couple hours to look back and realize you only made it a couple foot at best. Lol

But at least it's easier to keep everything tight. Keeping a 6" wide 3/4" solid hardwood tight can be challenging to say the least

I have been absolutely exhausted for no apparent reason. My respiratory symptoms don't feel that bad, but I have no energy. Feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen. I can only stay awake for a couple of hours at a time and then I have to nap. Been sleeping most of the day, getting up for the bathroom, cook for mom, etc. Got winded just getting her something to eat and then couldn't focus or think clearly. Tapped out and had my brother make her dinner. He's been a bit more helpful since he knows I'm sick. He's still mad at the quackpot NP for giving me stuff that made me feel worse instead of helping. The doctor's office failed to pass my message along to my actual doctor. Passed it to the NP who shrugged it off as no big deal and that I should be better already but I can talk to her on Monday if I'm not. I'm not going to deal with her again.

Latest posts

Back