What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too many captain Morgan’s and you may have still slept on that bathroom floor.

Then I would have to untangle myself just to go to the lo
Found some plans of one ship we went on
https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=MSC-Fantasia&deck=5Then we shifted up to Seabourn cruises
Decent size cabins but I didnt have to sleep in the bathroom as I had the CPAC
1642395988701.png

Last edited:
Being stuck on a cruise ship seems like an absolute nightmare to me. At least with a hotel or something you can leave if you aren't happy.

Started feeling worse last night. Nose stuffed up, I was wheezing, had trouble sleeping because my nose was whistling and wouldn't stop despite however many times I blew my nose and even cleared it out with a q-tip to be able to breathe. But the mucus has traveled further down. I think I may have bronchitis. Woke up drenched in sweat, breathing isn't coming easy, coughing, and generally feeling crappy. Called the doctor's office & they said to come in and have the doctor listen to my lungs. Might be able to prescribe something- and test me for flu or Covid. Most likely flu or bronchitis with these symptoms. Been taking cough drops to try to soothe my throat. Took some cough medicine last night-- seems to have worn off. Don't think I have a fever though. Didn't help that I kept getting hot-flashes last night- perimenopause sucks.

Being stuck on a cruise ship seems like an absolute nightmare to me. At least with a hotel or something you can leave if you aren't happy.

Started feeling worse last night. Nose stuffed up, I was wheezing, had trouble sleeping because my nose was whistling and wouldn't stop despite however many times I blew my nose and even cleared it out with a q-tip to be able to breathe. But the mucus has traveled further down. I think I may have bronchitis. Woke up drenched in sweat, breathing isn't coming easy, coughing, and generally feeling crappy. Called the doctor's office & they said to come in and have the doctor listen to my lungs. Might be able to prescribe something- and test me for flu or Covid. Most likely flu or bronchitis with these symptoms. Been taking cough drops to try to soothe my throat. Took some cough medicine last night-- seems to have worn off. Don't think I have a fever though. Didn't help that I kept getting hot-flashes last night- perimenopause sucks.

So zannej you dont like the idea of no cooking, no vacuuming, no making beds etc and being treated like royalty? :)
Hope you come right soon

I get motion sickness and I have food allergies. I don't like the idea of being on a boat in a confined space with other people I don't know and may not like, with beds that might not be comfortable, and food I might not like. There's also the chance of the boat sinking. I don't like other people touching my stuff so I don't like having someone else change the bed & clean the room when I can't watch them.

Or worse, when they insist on cleaning the room an changing the bed while I'm still in the bed. We had to stay in a hotel in Singapore for a few months when we first got there. I became very ill within the first week. Housekeeping lady insisted on waking me up and dragging me out of the bed just so she could make the bed (not even changing the covers or putting clean fresh ones on) and shove the two beds (I was sharing a room with my brother-- double nightmare) together. When she was done I had to pull the beds back away from one another and unmake the bed to get back in. I put up DO NOT DISTURB signs. I even put the latch up on the door. When she knocked and announced herself I said "GO AWAY!" but the room I was in shared a door to the room my parents were in. That one could not be latched so she came in. I was too sick to fight with her on things, my father was away in Hong Kong, and my mother didn't care.

Rusty, I hope you get feeling better. I had to go to the doctor today. Could only get in to see the NP. As I suspected, I have bronchitis. No Covid or flu at least though. Waiting for understaffed pharmacy to fill my prescriptions.

Oh no Rusty!

I remember going on one of those cheap Carnival cruises once. I dropped the wash rag, and literally had to open the arched shower door open in order to bend over and pick it up.

No more cheap cruises for me. Personally, I love Viking Cruises. They have heated bathroom floors!

I get motion sickness and I have food allergies. I don't like the idea of being on a boat in a confined space with other people I don't know and may not like, with beds that might not be comfortable, and food I might not like. There's also the chance of the boat sinking. I don't like other people touching my stuff so I don't like having someone else change the bed & clean the room when I can't watch them.

Or worse, when they insist on cleaning the room an changing the bed while I'm still in the bed. We had to stay in a hotel in Singapore for a few months when we first got there. I became very ill within the first week. Housekeeping lady insisted on waking me up and dragging me out of the bed just so she could make the bed (not even changing the covers or putting clean fresh ones on) and shove the two beds (I was sharing a room with my brother-- double nightmare) together. When she was done I had to pull the beds back away from one another and unmake the bed to get back in. I put up DO NOT DISTURB signs. I even put the latch up on the door. When she knocked and announced herself I said "GO AWAY!" but the room I was in shared a door to the room my parents were in. That one could not be latched so she came in. I was too sick to fight with her on things, my father was away in Hong Kong, and my mother didn't care.

Rusty, I hope you get feeling better. I had to go to the doctor today. Could only get in to see the NP. As I suspected, I have bronchitis. No Covid or flu at least though. Waiting for understaffed pharmacy to fill my prescriptions.
I don't need to make up excuses about boarding a ship Zan.
......there are people on ships ...nuff said 😁

If not clear enough, if I was gifted a $40,000 cruise vacation, All inclusive.
I would "play it forward" without blinking an eye. Same with a vacation trip to Hawaii or Tahiti, French Riviera...... whatever.

Latest posts

Back