What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daris, I'm glad you fixed it.

My friend told me to wake him up early today so he could come move the satellite to the tower. I called to wake him up per his request. He fell back asleep. Called back an hour later. No answer. Waited 30min and called again. He finally woke up. it took all 3 of us working together, but we got the old pole down & I decided that 10' pole was too heavy for him to try to mess with that high up the tower so I found a shorter pole he could use. Got it mounted, ran wire into the house (had to drill the hole larger but got it through and covered the hole in duct tape). The mount is solid, pole isn't swinging, and internet seems to be working. *knocks on wood* but I overheated and am exhausted.

On another forum someone mentioned 3M 72 spray adhesive as a possible option for attaching the formica to the vanity top. Havasu had mentioned going to Catalina and the description of the spray adhesive said it was not available on Catalina Island. LOL.

My stomach is really rumbling but I'm too tired to get up to cook. I'm going to nap and then make some stroganoff.

I've had male friends joke that I don't count as a woman because I'm too masculine. I never cared for the whole gender role thing. I think people should be able to like what they like-- if a man wants to wear dresses, makeup, etc, that's fine with me. I will be over here wearing pants and using power tools. So long as they aren't hurting anyone, I don't care.

I watched Broadchurch on PBS last night. The scene where the family were sitting together on the couch when they found out it was the son who had been found murdered reminded me of when my mother, brother, and I were sitting together on a friend's couch right after my father died. We were huddled together crying.

Turns out my dogs that I thought were redbone coon hounds are most likely at least part Rhodesian Ridgeback. (can't remember if I mentioned that already). They have the facial markings of the RRs more than the coon hounds. The female has a stripe down her back but fur is soft like the rest of her back. Male has a rougher back texture than the rest of his body. They are both big babies who want cuddles. They are currently on my dresser because I didn't want them on the bed-- too hot.

Met with my friend at the gas station and spotted him for some gas, then went to the grocery store and got him some eggs, milk, bread, tortillas, meat, veggies, and water. It's $32 for 10lbs of frozen chicken now.

I don't care either Zan. Women that can do stuff impressed me. My next door neighbor eventually became my girlfriend. We met when she came over to ask if I would help her get a bolt loose.
She'd had a tarp over her car for a couple days, so I knew she was doing something.
The bolt she couldn get loose was a head to intake manifold bolt that was stubborn. Not many women I know would attempt replacing a head gasket even on a single head, 4 cylinder Ferd. She went to welding school out of high school and became certified then had a truck so she could do on the spot repair work.truck battery boxes, fences, stuff like that.
That video I showed, shows how far we've come as far as the "a woman's place is in the home" mentality.
People can be what they want. I'd doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the "San Francisco" type that wear rainbow colors, dressing in leotards covered with two dozen rainbow colored dildoes prancing down the street in a "pride month" parade. There's a difference between personal choice at freekin' crazy. Thinking that it's ok to bring your 6 year old children to a so called "family friendly" day at a drag queen bar....... makes me want to see the event raided by some 1950's Chicago police.
Theres, gay, trans, and a couple of others...... Then there's the psycho people that need help. A hospital is where the need to be accepted.
I dont like people flaunting their choice in my face. I can accept them, I just don't get why they like their personal choice up in lights with blowhorns blaring.
Can you imagine a straight month with parades and celebrations all month long? 😱
........I don't want to see that either.

Last edited:
Working for a fella that sells birds. He and his accomplice also do wood carving. Carousel horses an other stuff.

Attachments

• PXL_20220618_234640357.jpg
    PXL_20220618_234640357.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20220618_234721299.jpg
    PXL_20220618_234721299.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 36
  • PXL_20220618_234654683.jpg
    PXL_20220618_234654683.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 33
I don't care either Zan. Women that can do stuff impressed me. My next door neighbor eventually became my girlfriend. We met when she came over to ask if I would help her get a bolt loose.
She'd had a tarp over her car for a couple days, so I knew she was doing something.
The bolt she couldn get loose was a head to intake manifold bolt that was stubborn. Not many women I know would attempt replacing a head gasket even on a single head, 4 cylinder Ferd. She went to welding school out of high school and became certified then had a truck so she could do on the spot repair work.truck battery boxes, fences, stuff like that.
That video I showed, shows how far we've come as far as the "a woman's place is in the home" mentality.
People can be what they want. I'd doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the "San Francisco" type that wear rainbow colors, dressing in leotards covered with two dozen rainbow colored dildoes prancing down the street in a "pride month" parade. There's a difference between personal choice at freekin' crazy. Thinking that it's ok to bring your 6 year old children to a so called "family friendly" day at a drag queen bar....... makes me want to see the event raided by some 1950's Chicago police.
Theres, gay, trans, and a couple of others...... Then there's the psycho people that need help. That hospital is where the need to be accepted.
I dont like people flaunting their choice in my face. I can accept them, I just don't get why they like their personal choice up in lights with blowhorns blaring.
Can you imagine a straight month with parades and celebrations all month long? 😱
........I don't want to see that either.
This is a real woman, right? Not the reason you have an air compressor?

On my way home last night I saw some green on the highway/byway.
I turned around a quarter mile past it then drove back another quarter mile past it so I could turn around and wait for traffic to clear so I can see what it was. So that's like three quarters of a mile.
I haven't figured out how much money in gas that cost me to stop turn around and then go back the direction I was heading......
........ The cost of fuel didn't concern me until I looked up this tool on harbor freight's website.
You can buy a standard, a metric, and this torx type wrench for 5.99 or 6.99. Yup, that's for all three of them.
......so $2 worth of tool divided by 18 miles per gallon divided by 3/4 of a mile divided by the price of fuel.
Turning around was almost a waste of time but hey, I didn't have a torx set like this but I do now.

Attachments

• PXL_20220620_021946272.jpg
    PXL_20220620_021946272.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 37
I've been driving a lot for the past couple of years, but find it hard to come upon a good road deal.
My brother walks almost daily but he finds nuts, bolts, rifle casings. No early retirement finds.

On my way home last night I saw some green on the highway/byway.
I turned around a quarter mile past it then drove back another quarter mile past it so I could turn around and wait for traffic to clear so I can see what it was. So that's like three quarters of a mile.
I haven't figured out how much money in gas that cost me to stop turn around and then go back the direction I was heading......
........ The cost of fuel didn't concern me until I looked up this tool on harbor freight's website.
You can buy a standard, a metric, and this torx type wrench for 5.99 or 6.99. Yup, that's for all three of them.
......so $2 worth of tool divided by 18 miles per gallon divided by 3/4 of a mile divided by the price of fuel.
Turning around was almost a waste of time but hey, I didn't have a torx set like this but I do now.
You would no BELIEVE the crap I drive by on the freeways of L.A./Ventura/Riverside/San Bernardino/Orange Counties. I have stopped to grab stuff in the wee hours of the AM but 99% of the time that's suicidal.

I WANT to stop 99% of the time even to grab so much as a Home Depot bucket. But I'm not crazy and there's zero chance to fetch anything once you've passed by.

I mostly stop for turtles or animals. I have moved turtles out or the road and I've been known to pick up kittens. One of my road rescues is sitting on me right now.

I remember a comedian talking about a guy on the street in rainbow leotards and a tutu screaming "You hate me because I'm gay!" through a bullhorn. And the guy said "No, I hate you because you're loud and obnoxious & I haven't had my coffee yet!"

I personally don't care if people go out in weird costumes to broadcast their lifestyle so long as its not a hate group and they aren't being too loud. I personally hate parades because they block traffic. I think they are a waste of time and money. I also hate weddings for the same reason. LOL.

I'm a curmudgeon. But, I do like this shirt and I want it:
1655867825210.png

I just bought a new Matrix for 38% off because it has LED and it has the missing driver attachment that I misplaced.

I took my brother for a job interview today. He was griping that he was going to be late because I stopped at the post office to pick up my handset phone charging base. I got him there 10min early.

Fun fact: Unless it is ticket quota time, Cops do not ticket people going 7miles (or less) over speed limit. In driver's ed class I was told Guam cops would allow 9 miles over (so long as it wasn't a full 10 over). I think there was one road with 60mph speed limit and it was 45mph on the rest of the island.

Bro made red beans and rice and I ate too much.

Also, friend's gf had her car repo'd and now has to drive to Lake Charles and try to get her stuff out of it, but the repo place said she's have to pay a fee-- which is illegal here (I looked it up). I told them to call the cops if the place refuses. Baby's car seat is in there along with some diapers and other stuff.

As an aside, I noticed the toilet is leaning in the bathroom and the floor feels like it has more give. I'm going to have to fix that. I'm guessing I have to do the whole subfloor and can't just put some plywood over it & screw into joists?

Latest posts

Back