What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While working in this apartment, my brother noticed something odd about this painting. Can you spot it.

Attachments

• PXL_20230412_215208246.jpg
    PXL_20230412_215208246.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
He's got a barn over there with a bunch of other cars, I'd like to see those too but.....

One of our neighboring warehouses was rented by a guy who bought and sold all kinds of antique cars. It was pretty hush hush but one of the transport drivers let me in for a peek. I’m guessing the owner would have been upset if he knew he let me in… Looks like some serious bucks in there…

Kind of interesting when you got Ford and Chevy pickups a 1950s Buick along with jaguars and other exotic cars. Quite a mix of tastes.
I work for a guy that's got at least a half a dozen cars and one of them is a Buick like that maroonish red colored one. It's about the same year but it has the Chrome wings on the front fenders and the engine has a tri carb setup. I'm talking factory tri carb. Somewhere between 55 and 59 I think. I never knew they did that back then.
Come to think maybe it was an Oldsmobile. I can't remember.

Yea I think this guy bought whatever he could make a profit on. They were coming and going all the time. I’d love to see his private collection.

I know the old GTOs in the 60s came with “Three duces” (3 two barrels) as an option from the factory.

Yea I think this guy bought whatever he could make a profit on. They were coming and going all the time. I’d love to see his private collection.

I know the old GTOs in the 60s came with “Three duces” (3 two barrels) as an option from the factory.
The guy that I was talking about having that Buick or Oldsmobile. He worked at GM years ago as an engineer I think in the body panel department. In one separate Bay in his shop he has a metal storage rack and each shelf has towels on them with tricarb intake manifolds and those Mopar cross ram manifolds. I can't remember but he must have at least a dozen. They're all clean and pretty sitting on terry cloth towels on the shelves.
He's got two other garages and I haven't seen what's in the third one.
Here's some pictures I took when he was showing me his stuff. I'd love to get the full tour.
He said that the Dodge dart was his first race car. The guy that taught him drag racing ran the car in the picture doing the wheelie.

Attachments

• IMG_20201029_152454008_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201029_152454008_HDR.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201029_152534168_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201029_152534168_HDR.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201029_152412817_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201029_152412817_HDR.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201029_152641986_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201029_152641986_HDR.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201029_152658510_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201029_152658510_HDR.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It’s upside down
I didn't pay any attention to it, it just looked like an abstract of some sort. We're moving furniture and pulling out the old carpet and later in the day my brother said:
Why is the picture upside down?
I took a picture of it with the camera and turned my camera upside down and oh my God I totally different painting. 😁
Contact of the homeowner she said that she was the guilty one.
When they arrive home I'm sure she'll enjoy it much more. 😁

The guy that I was talking about having that Buick or Oldsmobile. He worked at GM years ago as an engineer I think in the body panel department. In one separate Bay in his shop he has a metal storage rack and each shelf has towels on them with tricarb intake manifolds and those Mopar cross ram manifolds. I can't remember but he must have at least a dozen. They're all clean and pretty sitting on terry cloth towels on the shelves.
He's got two other garages and I haven't seen what's in the third one.
Here's some pictures I took when he was showing me his stuff. I'd love to get the full tour.
He said that the Dodge dart was his first race car. The guy that taught him drag racing ran the car in the picture doing the wheelie.
Fun hobby, collecting cars…Wish I had the time, the space, and the money… Maybe next life…🥳

I didn't pay any attention to it, it just looked like an abstract of some sort. We're moving furniture and pulling out the old carpet and later in the day my brother said:
Why is the picture upside down?
I took a picture of it with the camera and turned my camera upside down and oh my God I totally different painting. 😁
Contact of the homeowner she said that she was the guilty one.
When they arrive home I'm sure she'll enjoy it much more. 😁

Tree trunks get thinner towards the top and branches point up but who am I to give you advice, I just lay floors, or at least I used to.

Oh, no, I get that. We were moving furniture, not trying to understand the artists interpretation of the environment or meaning of life.
...or maybe the artist was trying to tell us the world is upside down right now. 😁
I don't think until after the seam was completed that my brother mentioned it. Until that point, it was just a splash of color on the wall. Once noticed, you couldn't unsee it.
....we had thoughts of turning the two smaller paintings upside down too.

Here's your tip of the day.

That’s a good tip with the screws for going over plywood. I’ve never used leveler over plywood. For concrete I used a glue gun, golf tees, a yard stick, and a Sharpie to make my marks. They sell plastic stand up markers for just that purpose but I’ve never tried them.

Seal the bottom of the sheet rock with spray foam. Quick and easy.

Oh, no, I get that. We were moving furniture, not trying to understand the artists interpretation of the environment or meaning of life.
...or maybe the artist was trying to tell us the world is upside down right now. 😁
I don't think until after the seam was completed that my brother mentioned it. Until that point, it was just a splash of color on the wall. Once noticed, you couldn't unsee it.
....we had thoughts of turning the two smaller paintings upside down too.

Art is definitely in the eye of the beer holder, or is that beauty. Maybe beautiful art is in the eye of the beer holder.

One of these days I'll take pictures of my crappy art from art class in high school and post them. Proportion & perspective are not my strong points. LOL.

Yesterday morning we had massive thunderstorms so I couldn't take the trash out. I did end up sleeping longer because thunderstorms make me sleepy. My poor dog was not having it though. She was terrified. She jumped into my arms shivering like crazy. I wrapped her in a blanket and held her close to me & petted her until she calmed down. Then I fell asleep. Woke up after the storm passed and she had left and a cat had moved into her spot. I pulled in some packages that got delivered after the storm. They were put on the porch but apparently it had been wet because the cardboard was messed up on the bottoms-- made it easier to open them. Then I hauled out four 55 gallon trash bags.

Thunderstorms started up again at night so I was in a deep sleep when Mom woke me up complaining about the internet. I asked her what she expected me to do about it and she started to say she wanted me to go outside to look at the dish. Then she realized how absurd that was and kept waffling around. She also wanted info from my brother. I asked why she was asking me instead of him and she claimed he was asleep. He wasn't asleep. He was playing video games. She then wanted food. I had to go to the bathroom first. The dog ran in with me and when I sat down she jumped up on my lap and put her head over my shoulder. She was shaking again and I had to hug her until she stopped and then gently set her back down on the floor. I know I was having a very weird dream before she woke me up. I can't remember anything about it, but I just remember knowing it was weird. LOL. I need to do some more cleaning once I get myself moving today, but my body is not wanting to cooperate. The sun is shining in and cats are napping on top of me and various spots on my bed. I think they are waiting to be fed but they also don't feel like getting up.

I've got a lot of favorite YouTubers and this guy is one of them.
He's a redneck that goes by zip ties and bias plies.
His name is Peg, and he's got a wooden leg. His mouth is as foul as anybody I've ever heard, but damn he's funny. He's actually extremely smart too so his vocals can mask his intelligence level when it comes to mechanical stuff. His favorite is Ford diesels.
Here's a short clip. He's working on a Ferd 7.2 diesel to spice it up a little.

Last edited:
I took out more trash. Left arm is sore today so I need to give it a little rest. There's so much I need to do I don't even know where to start. There were 9 cats in my room when I woke up this morning. It wasn't even cold, but they wanted to be near me. One of the cats who never seemed to want to come in here before has decided that she likes sleeping on my bed. I guess it's nicer than hiding inside the cabinets and if her brother, Senator Snugglebum, comes to pick on her she knows I will protect her. If he gets near her I put my foot on him and push him away.

I really should get up and go for a walk to get some exercise in. I think the dogs would like that.

Went to the store, met up with my friend at the gas station to put gas in his car. His gf miscarried so he had to take her to the hospital out of town. Her previous boyfriend refused to take her to the doctor when she miscarried bc he's a narcissistic jerk. The good news is they now know why she's miscarrying- her blood type requires her to have to get some kind of shot so her body won't reject the fetus. She knows to get it next time. Friend's work still has not paid him.

Grabbed groceries from Walmart. On my way in, my derpy cat Aminatu ran ahead. The old microwave is still sitting on a plastic bin. She tried to jump up and slammed face first into the microwave. She shook her head and tried again and made it up on top. But I suspect she's got a bit of a headache because she wanted comfort and is sitting on my lap now. At least she didn't knock herself out.

Latest posts

Back