What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other problem with the beveled end cuts, is that base has a hollow on the back side.
I used a chisel to shave off the center rib so a filler piece could lay flush and fill the hollow before painting it.
I beveled the edge of the filler piece so it fit nice, then used some 'super glue' and activator instead of wood glue. Once the glue had set, I cut each piece to it's finished length.
Fun project.
......oh yes, dinner was another steelhead fillet, potatoes, tomatoes, salad and ice cream with peaches for dessert. I don't know how much longer I can take this. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20230902_165416269.jpg
    IMG_20230902_165416269.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230902_165348553.jpg
    IMG_20230902_165348553.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230904_135134301.jpg
    IMG_20230904_135134301.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230902_165321486.jpg
    IMG_20230902_165321486.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230902_165255300.jpg
    IMG_20230902_165255300.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230902_165218383.jpg
    IMG_20230902_165218383.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I just cut a return back into the wall on my ends. Cleans it up nice and no messing around.
Less hassle, but a sharp edge that can get dinged up more easily. The taper leads smoothly into the rounded corner.
....besides, the rest of the house is done that way. 😉 This is how I get my 5 star dinners every night. 😁

So……. I did something pretty shitty today. And I’m proud of it!

Went to do a kitchen install in a very nice house that was trashed inside from the homeowners. Absolute slobs! I told the missus of the house we won’t start until she cleans up the kitchen first. There was food all over the floor and overflowing the counters. She sucked her teeth and said fine. I went outside to wait and get as much fresh air as I could. She said it’s all good so I went in. Yeah, she barely did anything.

So I said eff it, cleaned up the floor myself. About a half 5 gal bucket of filth. Went about my business and finished it up in a few hours. Did my trim and transitions and packed my shit up. Then I took the half pail of shit and spread it out the way it was when I got there over their new floor. Went to the other room and said I was done and got my check. Getting into my van she comes out to tell me I didn’t clean up 😂. I said I did clean up and just put it back the way it was when I got there and drove off.

These were able bodied people in their late 20s-early 30s. They sat and played video games all day why I was working. Hopefully they got the hint that their slobs after that. 😂

So……. I did something pretty shitty today. And I’m proud of it!

Went to do a kitchen install in a very nice house that was trashed inside from the homeowners. Absolute slobs! I told the missus of the house we won’t start until she cleans up the kitchen first. There was food all over the floor and overflowing the counters. She sucked her teeth and said fine. I went outside to wait and get as much fresh air as I could. She said it’s all good so I went in. Yeah, she barely did anything.

So I said eff it, cleaned up the floor myself. About a half 5 gal bucket of filth. Went about my business and finished it up in a few hours. Did my trim and transitions and packed my shit up. Then I took the half pail of shit and spread it out the way it was when I got there over their new floor. Went to the other room and said I was done and got my check. Getting into my van she comes out to tell me I didn’t clean up 😂. I said I did clean up and just put it back the way it was when I got there and drove off.

These were able bodied people in their late 20s-early 30s. They sat and played video games all day why I was working. Hopefully they got the hint that their slobs after that. 😂

I used to cut out the carpet around customers dog biscuits, that they didn’t bother to clean up before I got there, and I would set the piece of carpet with the biscuit on it on their windowsill.

Never got one complaint for doing it.

I used to cut out the carpet around customers dog biscuits, that they didn’t bother to clean up before I got there, and I would set the piece of carpet with the biscuit on it on their windowsill.

Never got one complaint for doing it.
We did a house once where the dog crap on the floors was so old it had turned white. Put the new carpet and pad over it.

Disclaimer before analyzing: hip hip Hooray Tile Tom, because that taught lesson was needed to be given 👍

However! Hear’s a Chubby
Checker Twist
On the subject

That Action is a perfect example of the phrase “ give to get “ ( probably the most common life principle we live by ) The ‘giving ‘ was the cleaning of the old floor before the new one and It was an unexpected giving action 👍

The ‘ get ‘ part of this transaction 🧐 was the satisfaction received from intentionally teaching them a lesson. 👍 👎 indifferent.

But !
Could there be another way ? Maybe a hidden principal that allows transactions to conclude with the same ‘ teaching of a lesson’ ? With less cost to each party involved. Not monetary cost, but personal and societal cost, one that is hard to measure.

YES !
It’s called ‘ Give to Give ‘ and then you get from yourself through the giving. This requires a change of view. A philosophy of Directionalism. (improvement) It’s a choice and a question, on how can I/we get what we want, while maintaining the responsibility to act respectfull. It is tricky and it will take practice but the end goal could elevate the giving and minimize the getting. Just think 🤔 for a moment, how much would you pay someone to teach this philosophy to your WIFE 😛 🤣

Disclaimer before analyzing: hip hip Hooray Tile Tom, because that taught lesson was needed to be given 👍

However! Hear’s a Chubby
Checker Twist
On the subject

That Action is a perfect example of the phrase “ give to get “ ( probably the most common life principle we live by ) The ‘giving ‘ was the cleaning of the old floor before the new one and It was an unexpected giving action 👍

The ‘ get ‘ part of this transaction 🧐 was the satisfaction received from intentionally teaching them a lesson. 👍 👎 indifferent.

But !
Could there be another way ? Maybe a hidden principal that allows transactions to conclude with the same ‘ teaching of a lesson’ ? With less cost to each party involved. Not monetary cost, but personal and societal cost, one that is hard to measure.

YES !
It’s called ‘ Give to Give ‘ and then you get from yourself through the giving. This requires a change of view. A philosophy of Directionalism. (improvement) It’s a choice and a question, on how can I/we get what we want, while maintaining the responsibility to act respectfull. It is tricky and it will take practice but the end goal could elevate the giving and minimize the getting. Just think 🤔 for a moment, how much would you pay someone to teach this philosophy to your WIFE 😛 🤣

I like the way you think Mike. I don’t know why the hell you’re on your knees. You should be a philosopher or something…… possibly a life coach?

I could really use one of those. My mouth gets me into more shit!

That really sucks that the people didn't clean at all before you came in to do the floor. I will never understand people like that. I wonder if their parents even bothered to teach them how to clean. I've found a lot of the younger people were never expected to clean and never taught how. I consider 30s and 20s younger generations. LOL.

Ate Ramen for dinner and it didn't sit well with my guts. Spent last night taking care of my sick dog. She went and hid this morning and I felt like garbage so I didn't go out to look for her. Found her late afternoon and took her to the vet. $299 and some change later she had been tested (nothing wrong with liver or kidneys). She was dehydrated though and seems to have a bacterial infection in her guts. She has to fast until tomorrow afternoon so I put her in my brother's room where she can't get to food or water. She'd gotten into a trash bag that had fallen over so she must've eaten something that made her sick.

Waiting on the processor I want to go down in price when the new generation of processors come out later this month. Might have to wait until next month though.

Dog is feeling much better. We had a power outage and thunderstorm so she was cowering in my arms for awhile. The power was out for a few hours. AC compressor didn't want to turn on right away. Had to let it sit off for over an hour (after resetting breakers) to get it to work.
The power backup for my computer no longer seems to work. Shuts off immediately when power goes out now. Will have to get a new one but am worried it will have the same problem as the new ones we got for the living room. They shut off even while power is still on. Plugs are in outlet securely. Outlet was replaced. Not sure what the problem is.

Cooked for Mom and researched UPCs and other stuff. Downloading drivers for the video card so when I get the new system together I have all the stuff I need.

Latest posts

Back