What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could always try adding vitamin D to my vitamin regiment to see if it helps. I already take glucosomine w/ condroiten, krill oil, magnesium, & a multivitamin. If I start to feel a cold coming on I take zinc. The krill oil helped my cholesterol levels.

I racked out yesterday. Slept almost all day and then all night. Went to get something to eat and found the empty container on the floor. My brother decided to eat my food without asking and didn't even have the decency to throw it in the trash. He also spilled some kind of curry sauce all over the microwave. When I get some energy back I'm going to have to clean that out.

Rain's on the way, so if this is finally the end of summer, it was past time...... by years, to clean the clumps of moss and leaves off of the plastic on the carport. When I built it 40 years ago, I didn't do enough slope. What a chore. My arms and back are talking to me. They're saying I'm old and out of shape.... or that I'm using muscles I haven't used in a long time. Glad I got it done.... Now there's daylight showing through again.
Now that I can see in there again.....
...man o man does it need some clearing out.
I've created another chore. 😖

Put a brand new blade on last week only to blast my fence with a compound miter. At least I didn’t cut all the way through it like the left hand side🙄

IMG_3635.jpeg

Well, he earned his keep when Mom fell. Although he slept through her pounding on the wall & door (her bathroom door) & calling for help. I was watching some How To stuff on Youtube and initially thought the pounding was the bass from music or something from my brother's room. Then I thought maybe it was one of the dogs or cats thumping the wall while scratching themselves (they tend to do that thumping quite a bit). I heard another sound that I thought was the dog wheezing, but then I realized it didn't sound like his normal wheezing so I decided to go check. I'm pretty sure Fippy (the dog) heard her but he didn't alert or react. Princess was actually in the room with her when she fell and was going out of her mind. She was whining and shivering & really upset because she didn't know how to help. She kept going to the door and scratching but couldn't get out. Pretty sure she would have let me know.

Anyway, I woke my brother up and he was able to pick Mom up and get her back onto her bed. She wasn't hurt and was able to stand up again in a few minutes. She's a bit sore from the fall but is otherwise fine. She wasn't dizzy or anything, she thinks she just lost her balance due to her inner ear issues.

She asked my brother to take the kitchen trash out yesterday as it was overflowing. He pulled the bag out, spilling some of the trash on the floor, tied it off, and set it in the front room. He didn't pick up any of the trash that fell. I'll have to haul the bag outside later. I put a new bag in while he was still dragging the other bag to the front room.

We went to Samsclub & he had a really bad headache so he sat in the truck while I went and got the water cases & some stuff for Mom. An employee saw the cases when I was heading out the door and offered to help, so he helped me load the water up into the truck while my brother was asleep.

Last night I lost my balance in the hallway and fell, but I landed on some boxes. Bad coordination day. I tried to get a good sleep last night but Princess was out of her damn mind for some reason. She kept barking, grunting (sort of a little half-woof) & running back and forth over my bed-- stepping all over me. Then she kept sitting between my face and the desk fan while she barked at the window. I have trouble sleeping without air blowing on my face. I feel like I can't breathe. She started whining and doing the running back and forth thing, and then ran out of the room. Fippy kept snarling and snapping at her when she got near him & then he was barking with her.

Finally got her to STFU and go to sleep only to have the cats wake me up before dawn to tell me it was canned-food-o'clock.

Still need to get some work done on my truck but need to make sure there is a vehicle to use or something while it is being worked on.

I'm probably going to take a nap in a bit to catch up on sleep I missed last night.

Its true though. But I can't help but argue sometimes. LOL. But a lot of the times I say I'll agree to disagree when I realize that it won't change anything.

My brother always tries to get in the last word no matter what-- even when he knows he's wrong.

Friend needed groceries but paycheck hadn't landed yet so I took him to the grocery store. Got meat, rice, veggies, mushrooms, etc. He used to hate veggies but now he likes green beans-- which is one veggie I'm not very fond of. LOL. But I found some frozen garlic butter ones for him.

He gave me some tech support earlier to help me pick a different psu (power supply unit) for my computer. Old one doesn't have the right connections and isn't modular. The one he really liked is not UL certified and is on a list of "avoid" by experts. So, I'm going to get a thermaltake one that is highly rated. 10yr warranty.

A coupon was available for the processor I wanted so I used that and cashback rewards points to buy it. Now I need the new psu but want to see if I can get a gift card for it.

It’s gotta be my lucky day or something. Went to DMV today to do the whole tag, title and plate thing. I was thinking it would be maybe $400, it was 3 something 6 years ago. Was I pleasantly surprised, $123 and I was out the door in maybe 15 minutes to boot.

That brings me to this screwdriver, I had to buy this monster just for changing license plates. Doesn’t really have anything to do with anything other than it’s just another tool I might use every few years or so and I used it today.

IMG_3650.jpeg

Then there’s the multi tool I bought with all the money I didn’t spend but thought I was gonna, it’s damn near as good as if I found that money lying on the ground. Shoulda gone to Lowes, they have a 2, 4, and an 8 AH battery pack deal I want to get.

IMG_3651.jpeg

Reminds me I need a new cardiologist. My last good one died.
I refilled the dog's waterer, took out some trash, went to Walmart with my brother, went to the post office for mail, & watched some videos on Youtube. Been playing some games on Mistplay to try to earn some points. I'm 1100 points away from 15k which will get a $50 amazon gift card.

My brother helped bring the groceries in (although he didn't put them away) and helped to load them into the truck at the store.

Cooked for Mom. Watched some TV. Fed kitties. Cleaned litterboxes again & put in fresh litter. Need to buy more but forgot.

They had salads again so I ate one and the tomatoes were actually good this time.

My processor for my new computer build arrived but I still need a power supply unit as the current one doesn't have the right connections. The one I want is $154 and some change but I want a gift card to lower it and then Mom mentioned that the 10th is fall Prime day on Amazon so I will wait. I was hoping to have it built on or by my birthday on Saturday but I can wait until the 10th.

I had a fit the other day at work over my van and the stuff inside of it and when I was done I decided I needed to organize my van a bit. I had a plan at one time to fix that but the plan involved me buying new shelves. Problem there is I just can’t bring myself to drop a grand for them. They woulda been nice though, so nice. I was gonna get the polished aluminum shelves, they woulda damn shined!

Anyway, I’m cheap and I had almost 2 sheets of 1/2” ply that had been in the shed for a couple years. That counts as free to me so lemme see what I can do with what I got. Nothing fancy, I didn’t round over any corners or even sand anything. I did make a graveyard stain color outta all my leftover stains and wiped it down.

It’s nothing fancy but it works and I did save a bunch of money.

IMG_3658.jpeg
IMG_3659.jpeg

Latest posts

Back