What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're going to the movies today to see some chick flick. Will someone hold my MAN card for a couple of hours?
I've not been to the movies since well before Covid. We just stopped going. We took some friends to see The Hill. I was surprised my wife picked it. It's a baseball movie with Dennis Quaid. I liked it.

I've not been to the movies since well before Covid. We just stopped going. We took some friends to see The Hill. I was surprised my wife picked it. It's a baseball movie with Dennis Quaid. I liked it.
Have not been to a movie for years. Our 6 plex closed last year. Tearing it down for a TA travel center. Nearest theater is 20 miles.

Last night lightning struck somewhere close to the house we’re working on. It fried the GFCI’s and plug splitters that were laying on the ground outside. What’s crazy is it blew out a chunk of concrete inside the house, shards are still stuck in the ceiling.

I took a little snippet of a video to show my wife the insides of this house cus dang! All the beams n such this place it feels weird working there cus there’s no fishing rods or cast iron pans, just dudes.

Last night lightning struck somewhere close to the house we’re working on. It fried the GFCI’s and plug splitters that were laying on the ground outside. What’s crazy is it blew out a chunk of concrete inside the house, shards are still stuck in the ceiling.

I took a little snippet of a video to show my wife the insides of this house cus dang! All the beams n such this place it feels weird working there cus there’s no fishing rods or cast iron pans, just dudes.

View attachment 17529
View attachment 17530
You're saying it's not safe to be indoors during a lightning storm? 🫣
Id never expect something like that.

You're saying it's not safe to be indoors during a lightning storm? 🫣
Id never expect something like that.

Apparently not. There’s another house they were framing on the same gravel driveway that got hit by lightning maybe a month ago. Don’t know if it was a direct hit but it was close enough that it made a bunch of the 2x4’s explode.

twin towers.jpg

Apparently not. There’s another house they were framing on the same gravel driveway that got hit by lightning maybe a month ago. Don’t know if it was a direct hit but it was close enough that it made a bunch of the 2x4’s explode.
I'd be adding a lightning protection / suppression system thingy on my roof if I lived there

Went shopping at HD this morning and they got a sweet deal on blades right now. Two 12” blades for $35 and two 10” blades for $25. Yeah they’re basic bitch blades but so is that MDF and thin wood products we cut every day.

View attachment 17555
Zero hook angle?
Carbide is carbide...
......unless it's good carbide. Hell of a deal.

Wow! That lightning really did some damage!

I never liked going to the movie theaters in the mainland US. Theaters in Singapore were great because you could pick your specific seats when you bought the tickets. I enjoyed going in Guam because the theater in Micronesia Mall was kept clean, there was a food court right outside, & I had friends who liked to go. It wasn't too far from my house either. But now the nearest theaters are an hour away & are not kept clean. People here are ruder too. Loud talking during movies, using their phones, kicking the backs of seats, etc. The sound quality also sucks. and I really don't enjoy being around people anymore. Also, since the car wreck a few years ago my bladder control has gone to hell so I have to go to the bathroom much more frequently. I much prefer to be at home where I can pause, leave to go to the bathroom without missing anything, get something to eat without missing anything, rewind if I do miss anything, etc.

Been bingewatching Star Wars and Star Trek stuff and watching Youtube videos. I'm trying to get on a better schedule. Have alarms set 2x a day for medicine & vitamin taking. Usually sleep through the morning one though. Need to go into town to get mail and get stuff at Walmart- once I can get the cats off of me. oh wait.. pharmacy will be closed until 2pm... Guess I'm going later.

Fill us / me in again on what took you to Guam and what years. I had a high school friend ( Air Navy ) based there in 1987-88 ish.
My father's job. We'd been transferred to Guam where he worked as OIC and worked with the US Embassy. But the guy with the same job position in Guam got promoted to District Director. When the DD took over, his AOIC wanted my father's job in Singapore. So the DD shut down the office entirely (which was a huge insult to Singaporeans diplomatically) for several months. He then ordered that we had to be transferred to his old position in Guam. He later re-opened the Singapore office to give his AOIC the job as OIC but she hated it there. Not sure how long it lasted, but we were stuck in Guam for 5 years. They actually would not let us leave despite multiple transfer requests. Mostly bc there was a dude with a grudge literally throwing my father's applications in the trash-- but that's another story. LOL.

Guam had some good things but medical there was pretty bad. Not sure if its worse than or equal to Louisiana medical (which is the worst in the mainland US). A lot of people would go to Hawaii or even the Philippines for treatment instead of getting it on Guam. It had better shopping and movie theaters at least. Although, they didn't put price tags on anything and they had different tiers of pricing depending on your race/skin color. Locals got lowest price. White people and black people paid double. Asians were charged triple. Not sure if its still the same though. Been a long time. We were there from 96 to 01.

Still low energy and trying to figure out why.

Need to take my truck for an oil change and see if the shop can figure out what is causing all the weird noises. It makes weird sort of spring popping & squeaking noises when I reverse or change gears. It makes a weird thudding noise when I drive that gets faster when I accelerate. Something must be rubbing/hitting somewhere. Makes all sorts of weird noises when I hit the brakes too. And they are new brakes. Not sure if there is something with suspension or what. Will need to get the engine air filter changed (I already have one to put in) and get my control arms, struts, suspension etc checked. Wonder if I need new belts. I don't trust the dealership to not screw things up because they damaged my CV axle when they replaced the wheelbearing.

My brother said the CR-V needs an oil change too. But I want to go tomorrow when he's off work so he can bring the CR-V in so I won't have to sit at the tire place the whole time while the truck is being worked on. Then we can get the oil changed on the CR-V afterward and use the truck to get around.

Not sure what D3 numbers are. I regularly get bloodwork checking A1C, thyroid, liver, cholesterol, rbc, wbc, etc.

I was too tired to drive yesterday so instead we got an oil change on the CRV. My brother drove. So this morning we got up very early and both drove in. I dropped the truck off at a local repair/tire place. They did the oil change right away (we were there around 7:30am). My brother and I went around to some stores, had breakfast, and then went back to the repair place. By 10:30 they still had not done the rest of the work. They finally put it on the rack for diagnostic & determined it was a bad wheelbearing. The dealership either put in a defective part or they installed it incorrectly & damaged it. They damaged the CV axle while installing it. I was kvetching to the people inside about the dealership & another customer recommended a better dealership down in Lake Charles. I called and talked to them & got some prices on stuff that needs to be done. It's expensive but stuff needs to be fixed. Probably will end up at $1k if not more.

I'm probably going to take a nap soon.

Latest posts

Back