What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn good idea. They have underbody sprays at car washes to rinse off all that crap and there’s always a line around the block in the winter for it. I can see why people become snow birds. I’m halfway there.
I’m all the way there man. 😂

We leave for Florida on Christmas every year. Spend about a month in the Orlando area. Been trying to figure a way to spend the whole winter there but my kids in school. The school already gives me a hard time about him missing 3 weeks of the 4 we go. One week is Xmas break.

I’m all the way there man. 😂

We leave for Florida on Christmas every year. Spend about a month in the Orlando area. Been trying to figure a way to spend the whole winter there but my kids in school. The school already gives me a hard time about him missing 3 weeks of the 4 we go. One week is Xmas break.

Good man!!! I haven’t made it to Florida yet but I imagine it’s a lot like Phoenix with humidity😂.

Good man!!! I haven’t made it to Florida yet but I imagine it’s a lot like Phoenix with humidity😂.
It’s the best! January is high 70’s-low 80’s. NO humidity!!!

Even more fun because I have a 10 year old. So universal studios is a place we spend a lot of time at. As well as a few other fun places.

Warm sunshine and palm trees do big things for someone when you look in your ring camera at home to see 5’ of snow & a daily high of 3 degrees. 😂

Man, my driveway is just dirt. Used to have gravel but when we came back from overseas our gravel was gone and our neighbors' driveway was filled with identical looking gravel. Not difficult to put 2&2 together on that one.

Heated driveway sounds pretty cool.

Rested yesterday. Tried to rest today bc my legs really hate me. Having a hard time squatting/moving from seated to standing & vice versa. Kitties approve of the new cat tree, although Rupert keeps wanting to climb up me and sit on me. I'm his personal warmer. He's snuggled up with me right now. Got a satin throw on black friday sale and Ginger seems to love it. She parked herself on it almost immediately. Itsy likes it too. Got a satin cap to keep my stupid hair up and hopefully keep it from tangling while I sleep. It gets wrapped around stuff and sticks to my neck, gets in my face, etc. The cap also covers my ears and keeps them warm. It looks stupid AF but its comfortable.

Went to post office and got a bunch of packages. A cop saw me carrying an armload of stuff and offered to open my truck door for me so I could put stuff in. Another man opened the door to the post office for me when I had my arms full and another one helped carry one of the boxes. I normally don't like people but there were some nice ones today. The one who opened the door for me apparently fell down the steps before-- same step where I fell. I mentioned I was taking the ramp instead of stairs since I fell before and he said same thing happened to him. That's at least 4 people that fell on those steps before they painted the last one with textured paint. LOL.

I discovered that Itsy will sleep on the cat tree when I'm not home or not in my room. Cats are starting to pile on me now. LOL.

Take a Teacher with you 😂

A cop saw me carrying an armload of stuff and

I thought that story was going to end differently Z 😜

Over on the plumbing forums someone mentioned that there was an episode of Unsellable Houses with the late Terry Love's family. https://watch.hgtv.com/video/unsellable-houses-hgtv-atve-us/impossible-expectations

Terry was a sweet man. He gave me some good plumbing advice, helped me (via advice) to install a toilet for the first time & just a couple weeks before he died he was encouraging me to finish my bathroom reno. Cancer sucks!

I'll share the frustrations of my day later. Trying to focus on happier things. Found a really cool hand-forged medieval style flatware set on Cyber Monday deal (sale is over with now). The set looks like this:

1701224211413.png
I saw another somewhat similar set that had a corkscrew and thought it would be cool to have a matching one (even if only digitally), so I played around in MSPaint and came up with some options. Which one do you guys like best?

1701224303987.png

Or any suggestions for improving the style? I'm thinking maybe the bottom ones could have the side pieces shorter? Not sure. But larger like that would give a good grip for twisting.

Problem with those corkscrews is they are really hard to use. I end up straddling the bottle with my feet, them pulling up where they usually smack my gut or chin. If I had one like those, I'd place it in a shadowbox frame and mount it on red velvet.

Problem with those corkscrews is they are really hard to use. I end up straddling the bottle with my feet, them pulling up where they usually smack my gut or chin. If I had one like those, I'd place it in a shadowbox frame and mount it on red velvet.
Yeah, they are purely decorative. I'm just creating some images for a digital setup. I do D&D worldbuilding
I like the corkscrew things with the wing like handles that you push down to pull the cork out.

Which one did you like the best from the collage?

So, because Mom wasn't eating right (which meant she wasn't taking her insulin regularly) while she had Covid and somehow got a UTI, she ended up going into diabetic ketoacidosis. Her blood sugar was 900 when we got her to the ER. They don't have an ICU at that hospital so she's being transferred to another one and they said I couldn't go with her. Got home after midnight. Hoping everything goes smoothly on the transfer. I gave my number for them to call to update me or in case of emergency. Hoping she will recover quickly, but we need to get a better system for her blood sugar monitoring. She doesn't check her sugars.

So, because Mom wasn't eating right (which meant she wasn't taking her insulin regularly) while she had Covid and somehow got a UTI, she ended up going into diabetic ketoacidosis. Her blood sugar was 900 when we got her to the ER. They don't have an ICU at that hospital so she's being transferred to another one and they said I couldn't go with her. Got home after midnight. Hoping everything goes smoothly on the transfer. I gave my number for them to call to update me or in case of emergency. Hoping she will recover quickly, but we need to get a better system for her blood sugar monitoring. She doesn't check her sugars.

Dang it, Z, that’s rough. We went through the same thing with my old man and it’s a tough job. Funny how sometimes he would forget to take his medication but he never forgot to eat.

Right around this time of year is especially a tough time because everywhere you go someone has holiday treats out for you. Christmas cookies, peanut brittle, fudge. I don’t do fudge anymore cus some people make it with Velveeta 😳 and I just won’t take that chance. Then you got the whole liquid side of the equation. Hot cider, hot cocoa, egg nog and foofy alcohol drinks. I don’t drink most of those mentioned things but can sure as hell make egg nog disappear faster than I can beer 😂. Same thing with a pack of Oreos. What is a serving size of Oreos anyway. 3? Should be one half of the package cus that’s what I’m gonna eat.

My wife has the Dexcom, it sounds an alarm when your sugar gets above 180 and also if it drops low.

I can't remember the correct term for the things that go on either. Transmitters? I dunno. LOL. I want to get her Dexcom G6 but don't know if her insurance will cover it. They might after this dka incident.

When she gets sick her sugar tends to run high even when she doesn't eat. She was mostly eating soup or stuff that wasn't too sugary.

Hospital hasn't called but when I called them they couldn't give out info other than the visiting hours. Very weird ones. I was too tired to drive for the first window but am planning the route for the 1pm to 1:30 one. Only 30min to visit for an hour drive. More than an hour depending on the route I take. No direct route. Either go southwest for a few towns and then head east or go east on really crappy roads and then south. If I pass through Mamou I get to see the Cancer is a Bitch Car Crushing LLC and all the old silos, but there are a lot of blind curves and slow mph. GPS calls that one the fastest route. Both of the other routes take me through Oberlin. That place is probably more corrupt than my own town.

I can't remember the correct term for the things that go on either. Transmitters? I dunno. LOL. I want to get her Dexcom G6 but don't know if her insurance will cover it. They might after this dka incident.

When she gets sick her sugar tends to run high even when she doesn't eat. She was mostly eating soup or stuff that wasn't too sugary.

Hospital hasn't called but when I called them they couldn't give out info other than the visiting hours. Very weird ones. I was too tired to drive for the first window but am planning the route for the 1pm to 1:30 one. Only 30min to visit for an hour drive. More than an hour depending on the route I take. No direct route. Either go southwest for a few towns and then head east or go east on really crappy roads and then south. If I pass through Mamou I get to see the Cancer is a Bitch Car Crushing LLC and all the old silos, but there are a lot of blind curves and slow mph. GPS calls that one the fastest route. Both of the other routes take me through Oberlin. That place is probably more corrupt than my own town.
For insurance, they usually have to be taking 3 injections a day for them to cover it.

Got the last IV Monday. Starting to feel better. They take 2-3 weeks to completely kick in and last 4-6 months. The vaccine was rushed, so I don't completely blame Moderna, etc. But I do blame them for lying and covering up the side effects. On the VAERS site, there are thousands of people who have reported various side effects. Many of them have to do with blood issues. The nurse who gave me the last infusion says they have been swamped with people who have misshaped blood cells, blood cancer and people who need infusions for low hemoglobin, all soon after being vaccinated. The oncologist has a clinic that only gives IVs, 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. The normal low level for ferritin is 18, ferritin is the blood protein that contains iron, my level was 5.

Dang it, Z, that’s rough. We went through the same thing with my old man and it’s a tough job. Funny how sometimes he would forget to take his medication but he never forgot to eat.

Right around this time of year is especially a tough time because everywhere you go someone has holiday treats out for you. Christmas cookies, peanut brittle, fudge. I don’t do fudge anymore cus some people make it with Velveeta 😳 and I just won’t take that chance. Then you got the whole liquid side of the equation. Hot cider, hot cocoa, egg nog and foofy alcohol drinks. I don’t drink most of those mentioned things but can sure as hell make egg nog disappear faster than I can beer 😂. Same thing with a pack of Oreos. What is a serving size of Oreos anyway. 3? Should be one half of the package cus that’s what I’m gonna eat.
You serious about velveeta in fudge??

If someone pulled that shit on me they would be tying my size 16 boot with their tongue after I shoved it up their ass. 😂

That’s got to be some kind of sin.

Latest posts

Back