What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped two of my grandkids at summer school. Have to go pick them up later and watch them for a while. My wife took our older son to Springfield (100 miles from here) for eye surgery. He's 33 and blind, they are hoping to restore some vision. Raining again today, for I think the 10th day in a row. I am so bored.

Me to . Was suppose to start a hardwood job today . Not in the rain.

fG8AwuJ.gif

I was doing stair riser #5............ what a pain shimming stairs and risers. I should just get some of those epoxy putty sticks that you knead together, lay a bead across the voids and gaps, then nail it home. :D

o, yeah.............. and I also helped move a $2,500 recliner into the house that has been sitting in the garage since December. It's leather, and it's electric. ...........and it's black. Way cool........... way, waaaay cool. He has two matching sofa's that also have electric powered recliners at each end. 6 1/2 footer and an 8 footer. I couldn't begin to guess the cost of those. They have two touch sensitive buttons just below the sides of the seat cushions, so you can't see em............... you stick your fingers down between the arm rest and the cushion as if you are digging for a Frito that fell out of the bag. When you touch the metal button, the recliner reclines or comes back up.......... with zero motor noise.
...............that reminds me.............. I need to get a PowerBall ticket tomorrow. :D

Last edited:
One riser a day! You better slow down dude!:eek:

I'm slower than a slug. With the treads precut for each individual step and prefinished, I still need to cut and fit he riser pieces. Shimming and pre drilling, and gluing it is taking longer than I thought. 4 treads and risers installed in about 8 leisurely hours.
Maybe I could get by with not shimming so precisely and let the Chemrex fill in the gaps. :eek: This 1 inch solid stair tread install is totally new to me, so I might be going overboard. The stairs will be within 1/16" of each other so I know that the inspector won't have a hissy fit when I get done.;)

I've also been busy fancying up my old 70's style fireplace. I ripped out the hearth and installed 23 sq feet of plank tile. I then added a stone stack stone, and mounted the TV above the firebox. Now, all I have left is cutting in for the power, and this project will be done.

6-2-14a.jpg

6-2-14b.jpg

6-2-14c.jpg

06-06-14.jpg

That's one major improvement.
.........I like the entertainment center shown in the last image............. I way cool, I want one of 'em. Where'd you get it? :D

LOL, I guess the hillbilly is coming out in me! Actually, I just purchased a new end table for the DVR and other crap today, but still not happy. I may have to build something myself.

6-09-14 (1).jpg

Starting last night listening to free music on the town square, two blocks from my house. Last night it was David Phelps, Grammy and Dove award winning gospel artist. Tonight, local musicians. Tomorrow night, a local band. Saturday night, Marci Mitchell band and then Crystal Gayle.
A carnival all week and Saturday a car show.
Next month, Tate Stephens gives a free concert 20 miles from here for Independence day.
Nothing like small town life.

Latest posts

Back