What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think so too. Rebond doesn't have consistent pattern of chips nor chips in a similar size. I can't think of a rubber waffle pad that would do that either. Best question is what was removed to reveal what we are looking at.

To answer your question the bedroom had carpeting (which i removed) underneath the carpeting it had vinyl flooring? (inexperienced with flooring material but it's like a flimsy tile material like a flimsy cardboard material) and underneath the vinyl it has old wood flooring that revealed the black bean like substance

thanks for your advice 👍
If you do that, first skim coat that adhesive with some sort of floor filler. If it's still tacky, the plywood you install over it, even tho nailed down, might stick and release when you walk on the floor..... and sound like you're walking on Rice Crispies.
Also, 1/4 inch plywood will not hide any defects in the floor. It follows the highs and lows and won't bridge gaps.

To answer your question the bedroom had carpeting (which i removed) underneath the carpeting it had vinyl flooring? (inexperienced with flooring material but it's like a flimsy tile material like a flimsy cardboard material) and underneath the vinyl it has old wood flooring that revealed the black bean like substance
Thanks. I still see the black spots in rows. Never seen mold go that high tech. 😁
Let us know if you find out because we are as confused as you are.

If you do that, first skim coat that adhesive with some sort of floor filler. If it's still tacky, the plywood you install over it, even tho nailed down, might stick and release when you walk on the floor..... and sound like you're walking on Rice Crispies.
Also, 1/4 inch plywood will not hide any defects in the floor. It follows the highs and lows and won't bridge gaps.
I have sprinkled a powder, like baby powder or dry floor fill on a sticky floor and swept it all over to get rid of the sticky. It usually works.

Took a close look at the wall. Going to need some touch up. Got a couple skips here and there. Don’t need to cut in though. Getting back half of room tonight. Keep getting distracted by house chores. And I’m single!

Took a close look at the wall. Going to need some touch up. Got a couple skips here and there. Don’t need to cut in though. Getting back half of room tonight. Keep getting distracted by house chores. And I’m single!

and the painting is done. Moving stuff back into room from garage so I can set up table saw and miter saw.
Lots of wood needed to go on walls!

Attachments

• 241F3FB2-F7E3-4193-B053-F74FF5DA0FC1.jpeg
    241F3FB2-F7E3-4193-B053-F74FF5DA0FC1.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 17
Since I ended with 5 quarts of paint left, I’m going to put on a second coat. Better than letting it sit in garage for a year. $80 worth of paint. Might as well use it

Last of the line. My dad was one of 13 kids and my last aunt died this morning. Had not seen her in 20 years. Her husband was the last uncle when he died 20 years ago.

Scheduled a job last week for today. Arrived, no answer. Left a note on the door..got a call 20 minutes later saying the owners will be gone till next Monday. The guy told me the owners didn't have my phone number.
Well, I told the lady my number, and she read it back to me. I had to repeat myself a lot when I talked to her. I told her the time I'd arrive, my fees, what day..... Probably each thing 3 times.
It's 25 miles away. She said to turn on a road then go up the dirt road to the top.
......it was a gravel road and was relatively flat. Not anywhere near the top of anything.
Not sure she knows where she lives.

Scheduled a job last week for today. Arrived, no answer. Left a note on the door..got a call 20 minutes later saying the owners will be gone till next Monday. The guy told me the owners didn't have my phone number.
Well, I told the lady my number, and she read it back to me. I had to repeat myself a lot when I talked to her. I told her the time I'd arrive, my fees, what day..... Probably each thing 3 times.
It's 25 miles away. She said to turn on a road then go up the dirt road to the top.
......it was a gravel road and was relatively flat. Not anywhere near the top of anything.
Not sure she knows where she lives.
At least you had a house to go to. I picked up my orders and went to the address and all there was is a hole in the ground with a ladder sticking out of it. Looked on the light pole with building permit and we was at the right address.

Finished the trim. Drop ceiling next week. Not much more to do till then

Attachments

• F480611D-343E-4E41-851C-492F08DC3D23.jpeg
    F480611D-343E-4E41-851C-492F08DC3D23.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 0F30DCB2-1A6F-41A8-8E9B-86122FC71DB2.jpeg
    0F30DCB2-1A6F-41A8-8E9B-86122FC71DB2.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 48F03416-38DC-42E8-BFA6-FB8F8F142C6D.jpeg
    48F03416-38DC-42E8-BFA6-FB8F8F142C6D.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 18
It's looking great, Tom!
The mats on the stairs would end up being beds for cats at my house. LOL.
Carpet powder for pet odors worked well in the front room. Let it sit for quite awhile & swept it around to soak in more to kill odor. Vacuum wasn't working to suck it up so I got my friend over to look at it. He took it apart (and I watched how he did it) & found the clog. He was trying to clear stuff out with a broom handle when I remembered we have hose-cleaning brushes specifically for vacuums. Grabbed one & he was working it through. He hit something that had a bad odor & was grossed out so I took over. He said it looked like someone had vacuumed up dried cat vomit. Got it all cleared & he vacuumed while I made Mom something to eat. Then he helped us assemble the new cat condo. 3 tiers, two shelves, a hammock, and 2 ramps. Cats aren't thrilled with the ramps bc they are metal wire & flimsy. I'm thinking of either doing carpet remnants over them or wrapping rope (the kind used on scratching posts) over them to make them easier & more comfortable for kittens to climb on. Got a rabbit waterer over a small bowl to catch drips. Kittens still haven't figured out how to drink from it but they have noticed it and drink the water. They've been eating their food & using the litterbox. Bottom tier has litterbox & small cat tree with toys sticking out the top. 2nd tier has food & water. 3rd tier has hammock hanging in the middle & is where they sleep. Both of the upper tiers have beds tied to them. Bottom tier is lined with puppy pads & has a litter mat. Thus far they love it. They were in a small rabbit run before & my friend wasn't remembering to give them water every day & they kept getting litter in their food & water bowls.
They are situated right next to the sliding glass door so they get to see outside. This also means the other cats get to peer in at them like spectators at a zoo. I've brought the dog, Princess, to visit them & she likes them. Wagged her tail & touched noses with them.

We also rescued a puppy from a ditch. He moves slowly, doesn't seem to have a lot of energy, and not much of an appetite. He was overheated when we found him. My friend picked him up & left him at our house when we went to take him back home. Puppy drinks, but must be sick because he's super skinny and not interested in food much. Going to take him to the vet tomorrow. He's very friendly & sweet though. Got him sleeping on a dog bed on the porch. He doesn't like being inside. He's got a flea collar but no name or anything. He's got scabs on his hips & back legs- not sure from what.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from HD all the same day but the orders are slowly trickling in. 2 of the items have already come in & waiting on several more but they are spread out over the next few weeks. Still waiting on the Sterling shower from Lowes to be shipped. Got an e-mail that it was delayed & that June 11 date was no longer in effect but order status on it hasn't updated.

I need to remind myself to get some kind of termite spray bc my friend found termites on my sliding glass door area when he was helping me clean.

Latest posts

Back