What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am ready to party.

dog in hat.jpg

Dang I hate nails. 5 lbs down, 3 to go.
Nailing 1/2 inch plywood down with ringshanks..... my arm is talking to me. The plywood is a bit warped so I went closer to a 3/8" nailing pattern. 6 inches apart and closer on the seams. 13 sheets.
It's a 20 by 20 garage converted to a bar with a
Coke theme everywhere... wallpaper, ceiling fan, electric switch plates, Coke buttons on the walls, even one that looks to be 48" in diameter.
Underlayment for now, and installing Armstrong Alterna tile maybe later next month
Work has been dead, so I figured pricing low , (too low) so I would have something to do. A couple other calls so there will be more in the works after the first. It's hard doing make up payments at the end of the month because the next month is about to start it all over again. :confused:

Check you phone. Google has added something to it. A new setting called "Covid notifications". Mmmm. Didn't Bill Gates want to add a covid tracker to our phones?

Hmm.. Guess I need to call the exterminator then. Hope the guy who came out last time almost 20 years ago is still around.

Highup, sounds like a nail gun would have been handy for that job-- but then I don't know if ring nails can be put in a nail gun. Sorry to hear business is so slow. Do you qualify for any type of small business aid due to Covid?

I need to go outside & turn on my phone to see if I got a text from HD. Didn't get an e-mail notification about my order that was supposed to be ready yesterday. Still shows as "arrived at store" and not as "prepared for pickup" on the website though. I called & got an automated messenger that told me my order was being prepared & to look for a text or e-mail.

Kittens are still enjoying their condo. Namir loves the hammock. Temjin runs all over the place & was trying to swat an outside cat through the glass. Super playful little one. I think she's probably going to stay small & be skinny & Namir will be a big fatso.

Nothing. I don't still have his telephone number.

I hadnt heard about us having an earthquake as I have been working until I got home and saw havasus email
We dont get earthquakes in Auckland
The only news which I heard on the radio was that a couple of police got shot yesterday doing a traffic stop, one was killed and the other is in hospital. This is very unusual in NZ as our police dont get killed while on duty Both of the people involved have been caught I reckon they should let the police dogs have a free run with these gang members

Under the title what did I do today:

Spent money!

Ceiling grid parts and tiles: $400.
4 lighting panels and 50 ft. of 14/2 wire: $275.

I have a friend coming because his minivan can carry 12 ft. lengths of material. Need the main beams and the wall moldings. Too long for my 4runner.

Having a ceiling in the basement: Priceless...

Oh, and yesterday I ate breakfast al fresco at my favorite diner. Party of one. French toast with raspberry filling, topped with blueberries, bananas, and strawberries. Not the same without friends around though.

Latest posts

Back