What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s a lot of work. My wife got me this towel for when I take time off cus that’s what I am when I’m not working. I make her breakfast, dinner and clean a little while she’s at work. Cookin ain’t nothin. Having an autistic child can be a handful to say the least. Keep doin what you do cus that’s what real men do.

DB50A328-8EA0-4C6E-A52E-B4C8154593F1.jpeg

I did a job many years ago for an old couple. The old man was in a wheelchair and used one of them robotic vibrating voice thingies to talk. The old lady took the batteries out of his talkie thing and pushed him into a back room and closed the door when I showed up to do the job. She left him shut in that room damn near all day. I sure hope my wife is nicer to me than that. I’m building good karma now while I can😁
I would be lucky enough if the wife would just shoot me. Lord knows I would do it to her.

That’s a lot of work. My wife got me this towel for when I take time off cus that’s what I am when I’m not working. I make her breakfast, dinner and clean a little while she’s at work. Cookin ain’t nothin. Having an autistic child can be a handful to say the least. Keep doin what you do cus that’s what real men do.

View attachment 13805
The worst part about our son is he is so damn smart. He taught himself to read and speak Japanese. And now he is coding computers and he has written a graphic novel. Tests say his IQ is above 150. His senior year of high school, he did in 4 1/2 hours a week. But he doesn't like people. Remember "Call of duty, black ops" he finished it in 1 1/2 hours.

Last edited:
Hot cocoa (or maybe warm since I'm temperature sensitive) would be nice right now. I'm feeling nauseous. Post-nasal drip has my stomach out of sorts. Gave me the runs yesterday. I was able to take meds so I could go to my dental appointment and a few more teeth fixed. One more appointment for fillings next month.

Unfortunately, I have to quarantine for 10 days. My friend's gf's family (the ones staying with them) stood in line behind me at the pharmacy for over 15min. They were less than 2ft away talking to me the whole time. They said it they were getting medicine for a cold. Turns out it was for Covid. They lied to both me & my friend & his gf. She was venting to me how she was mad they lied to her and now they'd exposed her. I told her about the pharmacy and her response was "f***ing fantastic!". She's really mad at them now. Friend said they are moving out of his place today bc he is done with them.

I'm trying to figure out how I can avoid contact with my mother since I cook for her, wash her clothes, and we only have the one bathroom. I'll have to wear a mask in the house. Ugh.

They also talked to my brother for several minutes but he was farther away.

My friend paid his power bill 11 days ago. Without any notice they just shut off his power today. He used his phone to check his bill-- $1000.09. He had only owed $200 and the bill for this month wasn't due yet. Their policy is to send written notice and give 20 day grace period. Legally they can't shut off someone's power if they have made even partial payment, but they keep shutting his power off without notice and without the grace period. He said it would cost $14k to get solar power for his whole house. But he's in an area with trees so he would not get enough sunlight.

Mark, for some reason the hand-washing thing reminded me of something that happened with my brother at work. He worked as a cook and saw someone who worked in a kitchen leaving the bathroom without washing his hands. He also noticed that the guy had pissed all over the toilet seat. He was already going to tell the guy to wash his hands. But he then said "HEY! WTF is this on the seat? Do you do this at home?" The guy apparently stammered and said "No" so my brother said "Well clean it up!!" The guy said "Yes, Chef!" and cleaned it up. Then my brother said "And wash your hands, you filthy motherf***er!". Had to tell the guy to use soap too.

I keep feeling a sort of itching in my upper respiratory system. I'm coughing up a little bit of mucus. I confused the hell out of my cats earlier because I coughed 5x and farted with each cough and the cats were looking at me like I was some sort of space alien.

My friend said his gf freaked out so much about her family members having Covid and exposing her that she went to the hospital even after a negative test yesterday. They told her to quarantine but didn't give her any medicine or instructions other than that. Her work said "You have to quarantine for 5 days-- be back here Monday morning!" Apparently they don't know how to count.

The good news is that her family members have officially moved into their own place so they can rack up their own utility bills. They probably will qualify for some sort of assistance or reduced payments due to being on disability.

As an aside, anyone here ever installed formica laminate sheets on countertops? I've seen some installation videos but wondered if anyone had some good tips for uncoordinated people like me. HD had a video saying I'd need a ball bearing pilot bit for a router (having trouble finding one that will fit my B&D Matrix router attachment) and fine tooth downward cutting jigsaw blades (also need some that will fit B&D Matrix jigsaw attachment). I will practice on some old scraps before I cut the real stuff though. Only have one shot at it with the sheet we're getting.

Been having fun with sketchup at least.

The writers called ivermectin a horse dewormer. It is used more commonly than that.
I googled medical uses of ivermectin and everything I looked at said the same as the article and said not for useful for covid.
Then I searched using duck duck go and this appeared immediately.
Google controls what you are allowed to see in your search.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8248252/

The writers called ivermectin a horse dewormer. It is used more commonly than that.
I googled medical uses of ivermectin and everything I looked at said the same as the article and said not for useful for covid.
Didnt Mr Trump suggest some strange product in the early days of covid?

I dumped google a long time ago because they do censor what you’re allowed to see. They’re all in on it. Twitter, YouTube, google, all the media outlets. Ain’t no money in you taking ivermectin and not getting sick

Z, what kind of bits does your router take? 1/4”? I’ve got two main routers I use, both palm routers. One has an offset base that lets me get up to 5/8” from the wall so I only have to score n snap, or file, the last 5/8” of Formica.

Bearing bits are OK. You just gotta check the bearing and keep it clean cus goo will build up on it causing it to no longer be a flush trim bit. I used to have to clean my bearing then route the edge again for a true flush edge until I switched to bearingless bits. Don’t necessarily recommend that you do that if you’re not used to them since they can burn the Formica.

I miss doing countertops. They were fun and paid decent. Plus I didn’t have to put on my knee pads. This is prolly one of the most in depth videos on doing Formica.

One thing is don't let the 2 surfaces come together until you are ready for it. I got a bunch of mini blind blades that I use for that, or you can use dowel rods also. Years ago before the bearing bits we used to coat the surface with Vaseline where the bit would ride against. Also watch the edges as formica can be very sharp and bite you, I still have scars.

We have a database analyst with covid and her daughter works the phones at our help desk. And in the middle of a major network upgrade, the head of Systems has his son with covid. They can work from home but they aren’t as available as they would be in person. And next week is the opening of Fall semester. Pressure is on!

One thing is don't let the 2 surfaces come together until you are ready for it. I got a bunch of mini blind blades that I use for that, or you can use dowel rods also. Years ago before the bearing bits we used to coat the surface with Vaseline where the bit would ride against. Also watch the edges as formica can be very sharp and bite you, I still have scars.

I used to use extra slits of material until I bought maybe 20 or so 1/4” wooden dowels to use. Somehow my wife claimed them for her garden.

Latest posts

Back