What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didnt Mr Trump suggest some strange product in the early days of covid?
No he took a few different things but not Ivermectin. Regeneron and Rendezvir.... Not sure if my spelling is correct on those. He was back at work in a couple of days.
Here's the media at work and why you can't trust what they say.
Read through this article.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewal...e-has-covid---and-took-bogus-ivermectin-cure/
When you get down near the bottom the articles writer says:

"In April, he told listeners that young and healthy people don’t need to take the coronavirus vaccine, which earned stiff backlash from public officials and health experts who warned healthy people can still transmit Covid-19 to others."

The authors intent was to demonize Rogan. The paragraph above is total BS. It insinuated that if you were vaccinated you couldn't transmit covid. Total, and adulterated BS.
How come Google doesn't censor this article for "disinformation"

I forgot to mention, that Joe Rogan got a prescription from a doctor. He didn't get his Ivermectin through the black market or from a veterinarian.

IIRC, Ivermectin is an antibacterial medicine that is most often used for deworming. They make it for heartworms for dogs. I have friends who are doctors and nurses who said that it can cause cardiac issues for humans if not used properly.

CJ, Some reviews/comments on my B&D router attachment say it takes 1/4" bits but then others say 1/4" were too large to fit. I need to find out for certain before I get something.

How do you clean out the ball bearing bit? I will have to search my workshop and tool collection to see if I can find any of that type of bit somewhere.

I do need to finish working on the floor in my bathroom so I can have a working bathroom while Mom's gets worked on.

Woke up feeling nauseous. Post nasal drip had my stomach in knots. My brother and mother both had the same thing last night. So either we all have a bug or it was something we all ate. I blame the donuts. :p

I did eat too much junkfood so that might be part of it. Took some meds and went back to sleep-- then one of the cats used my head as a springboard and mom's eye doctor's office called. Needed to reschedule her appointment for morning as the doctor will be out in the afternoon.

Played around with sketchup more but will have to post pics later. Stomach still feels queasy.

Z, sometimes crud would build up on the outside of the bearing. Now it’s no longer the bearing riding on whatever, it’s the bearing plus crud. If you have a 32nd of crud built up on the bearing, it’s no longer a flush trim bit is it. This was a problem I had in my early days of countertops so it was prolly more likely something I was doing wrong that showed up with crud on the bearing.

Some changes I’ve made over the years were I switched to bearingless bits. DIABLO 3/8 in. x 1/4 in. Carbide Flush Trimmer Router Bit-DR64100 - The Home Depot
They’re $10. Bearing bits cost more and you have to maintain the bearing. The downside is that the bit is spinning at how many RPM against whatever it’s riding on so it builds up heat and will burn. You gotta really move with the router as well as I used trim ease sticks. Same concept as vasoline as Daris mentioned.

Another thing I did was to dry lay my Plam and trace a pencil line on the underside of the Plam. Then when I spread my adhesive I knew where to spread to. I went maybe 1” past the line. It does save adhesive if you do countertops all the time.

Third thing I did was switched to water based adhesive. 3M is great and you can get it just about anywhere but I really liked Wilsonart’s H2O. Water based adhesive doesn’t kill brain cells as well as I believe using hot adhesive is what was contributing to the crud building up on my bearing. Another nice thing about water based adhesive is it’s a little more forgiving. As soon as a petroleum based contact cement touches, it’s a done deal. Water based adhesive is a little more friendly to work with cus if it accidentally touches, but you haven’t rolled it yet, you can usually get it separated and reposition your piece.

Less is more when dealing with contact cement and if you’re doing this for the first time just get a bearing bit. They also have bevel bits to ease the edge for a final pass. I tried a bevel bit a couple times and just didn’t like it. Prolly was me and not the bit but so be it. I liked the control I had with filing my edge after routing and cleaning the edge.

Countertops are fun. Take your time and you’ll be just fine.

Edit: Almost forgot, TAPE YOUR CORNERS

Last edited:
@highup Joe Rogan did an interview with Dr. Robert Malone, the inventor of mRNA, and YouTube took it down. Twitter banned the Dr. as well because he was speaking out against the jab. Dig around and you’ll find some interesting information out there. Ditch google and you’ll be amazed at what information is really out there.

@highup Joe Rogan did an interview with Dr. Robert Malone, the inventor of mRNA, and YouTube took it down. Twitter banned the Dr. as well because he was speaking out against the jab. Dig around and you’ll find some interesting information out there. Ditch google and you’ll be amazed at what information is really out there.
You might want to do some research on that Dr.'s hilarious claims on being the inventor or mRNA. In no short order you will find who is really trying to fleece you.

No... especially in the regard he was talking.
The guy is a hack, found a way back into the spot light and is running with it.
It's kinda the whole "Joe Rogan" experience. The guy is an entertainer and somehow people glob onto him like he is the next American prophet. Gwyneth Paltrow has a health products line that carries about as much weight.

I find it so comical that those who think they are being fleeced by the government, the nwo, the Jews, aliens... whatever it is are so so quick to just jump all in on what some entertainer decides is the flavor of the day on their path to personal glory. These people are the real criminals you should be concerned with.

Blame the media for everything while exalting the virtue of those same people, just wearing a different mask.

Information should not be deceminated from a single source, it is dangerous to not have dissenting opinions on just about any topic, but just because someone IS speaking against a certain thing does not mean that they are right, or that they carry any more credibility.

Today I woke up at 4:30 am.......took a piss and went back to sleep until about 7:30.
Then I had a cup of coffee.... followed by 3 more. After that I got dressed and went to the bank to take care of some business & to the pharmacy to grab some refills.
Went home and got back in my sweat pants and hoodie to watch a crappy movie with the missus.....
I can get used to this shit, 😂

Kind of a bummer coming home from 85 degrees and sunny every day to -17 and snow!!
I have been seriously considering getting the hell out of NYS. Im tired of it here and it's not getting any better. The weather, the laws, the cost of living and all the BS that lay's in between is ridiculous!

Today I woke up at 4:30 am.......took a piss and went back to sleep until about 7:30.
Then I had a cup of coffee.... followed by 3 more. After that I got dressed and went to the bank to take care of some business & to the pharmacy to grab some refills.
Went home and got back in my sweat pants and hoodie to watch a crappy movie with the missus.....

Kind of a bummer coming home from 85 degrees and sunny every day to -17 and snow!!
I have been seriously considering getting the hell out of NYS. Im tired of it here and it's not getting any better. The weather, the laws, the cost of living and all the BS that lay's in between is ridiculous!

What do you have to lose? Nuthin. You will gain warmer weather and remember how everything was on sale down south. The schools are often lacking in the south so with a little one at home that may be a serious point to consider.

Thanks, CJ. That info is very helpful. I was planning to mark the edges and only go a little past with the adhesive. Formica recommended a solvent spray (in their video they showed 3M 90 spray on contact cement). I like the idea of something being a little more forgiving than contact cement, but it's a bathroom countertop where there will be water so I don't want the adhesive to break down because of water. I think I'll stick with the ball-bearing thing and make sure I clean it between uses. Would putting vaseline on it actually be a good thing? Or would it gunk it up?

I've been very tired today. Had arrhythmia earlier. Have irritation/itcthing/tickling in my trachea and chest. Sinus headache. Feeling slightly nauseous still. I took something for the headache but it didn't kick in.

My friend's gf tested positive for Covid. She has a fever, lung & chest pain, & diarrhea. Her baby now has a fever and diarrhea. The people who gave her Covid are feeling really crappy & having fevers but apparently they have been going to Walmart every day (more than once per day) even after being diagnosed. I alerted a friend who works at Walmart so he would stay clear of them. He told me they are up there constantly and that so many people are coming in sick and the store might have to shut down. He actually stopped to talk to me from a distance the day I was exposed and saw the people who exposed me behind me in line. He also said that since he's a manager there, if I order stuff for curbside pickup, he'll make sure they bring stuff out to me so I don't have to come in the store.

I did make sure to be somewhat productive today. I swept the hallway, wiped the counters down (muddy cat pawprints all over), and am working on laundry. I need to check the dryer and see if it's done. I do deep clean sanitize which takes about 2 hours and then I put it on low heat dry for 1hr 15min. Usually have to put it in for another 15 to 30min to get it to dry, but 1hr15 is the max it will do on timed dry.

If I continue to feel sick or if I get worse I'll go get tested. I hear there are meds people can take to alleviate symptoms and speed things along.

Thanks, CJ. That info is very helpful. I was planning to mark the edges and only go a little past with the adhesive. Formica recommended a solvent spray (in their video they showed 3M 90 spray on contact cement). I like the idea of something being a little more forgiving than contact cement, but it's a bathroom countertop where there will be water so I don't want the adhesive to break down because of water. I think I'll stick with the ball-bearing thing and make sure I clean it between uses. Would putting vaseline on it actually be a good thing? Or would it gunk it up?

I've been very tired today. Had arrhythmia earlier. Have irritation/itcthing/tickling in my trachea and chest. Sinus headache. Feeling slightly nauseous still. I took something for the headache but it didn't kick in.

My friend's gf tested positive for Covid. She has a fever, lung & chest pain, & diarrhea. Her baby now has a fever and diarrhea. The people who gave her Covid are feeling really crappy & having fevers but apparently they have been going to Walmart every day (more than once per day) even after being diagnosed. I alerted a friend who works at Walmart so he would stay clear of them. He told me they are up there constantly and that so many people are coming in sick and the store might have to shut down. He actually stopped to talk to me from a distance the day I was exposed and saw the people who exposed me behind me in line. He also said that since he's a manager there, if I order stuff for curbside pickup, he'll make sure they bring stuff out to me so I don't have to come in the store.

I did make sure to be somewhat productive today. I swept the hallway, wiped the counters down (muddy cat pawprints all over), and am working on laundry. I need to check the dryer and see if it's done. I do deep clean sanitize which takes about 2 hours and then I put it on low heat dry for 1hr 15min. Usually have to put it in for another 15 to 30min to get it to dry, but 1hr15 is the max it will do on timed dry.

If I continue to feel sick or if I get worse I'll go get tested. I hear there are meds people can take to alleviate symptoms and speed things along.
Hope you come right soon

I think Rogan is on Rumble. I haven't checked.
I wish other formats looked and performed like YouTube.
Do you listen to Crowder? His show is one of the best out there, and the comedy is good.

Go to hell, we don't need that kinda talk around here. Your upsetting the working class. 😁

No... especially in the regard he was talking.
The guy is a hack, found a way back into the spot light and is running with it.
It's kinda the whole "Joe Rogan" experience. The guy is an entertainer and somehow people glob onto him like he is the next American prophet. Gwyneth Paltrow has a health products line that carries about as much weight.

I find it so comical that those who think they are being fleeced by the government, the nwo, the Jews, aliens... whatever it is are so so quick to just jump all in on what some entertainer decides is the flavor of the day on their path to personal glory. These people are the real criminals you should be concerned with.

Blame the media for everything while exalting the virtue of those same people, just wearing a different mask.

Information should not be deceminated from a single source, it is dangerous to not have dissenting opinions on just about any topic, but just because someone IS speaking against a certain thing does not mean that they are right, or that they carry any more credibility.
The difference is the "media", meaning the so called news, has zero credibility. They all beat the same liberal extremist, drum. They all beat down conservatives and they all beat down traditional American values.
They limit things you can say unless you say things that are on their OK list. The have distain for multiple viewpoints. No difference between how the US press and Chinese limit speach. At least ours can't feed us to the dogs if we disobey the supreme law of their making.
On conservative talk shows people can disagree, because people are allowed to discuss things. Liberal media bans people from even voicing disenting viewpoints.
The hack you mentioned on Rogans show..... If we're allowed to hear him speak, we're allowed to disagree. Of he's banned by Google, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, we'll never know he exists....... That's what they want...... and that's what they do.
Scary thing is..... people are getting used to allowing big media to play censor and think it's ok, and that it's in our best interest.

Last edited:
Measured up a messy job this afternoon. 4 bedrooms, 7 regular stairs and 5 pie shaped ones.
Between the sets of bedrooms is an angled loft area.
Something I don't like, is a low profile carpet with a pattern. Not so much the pattern, but stretching 'rowed' carpet at angles, hoping to keep the rows parallel when seaming the carpet to the hallway on the opposite side of the house.
I'm thinking $15 per yard.
Have no idea how they are going to attach the railing. It will be on a 1 by 4 or 1 by 6 plate. Whatever it is I won't be able to stretch off of it.
Is it legal to double stick carpet on OSB? 😁

Attachments

• PXL_20220112_232033786.jpg
    PXL_20220112_232033786.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20220112_231956639.jpg
    PXL_20220112_231956639.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20220112_232020433.jpg
    PXL_20220112_232020433.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20220112_232008518.jpg