What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highup, Yes. The chewed off end is a 5.5mm plug with no pin and a 230w brick. My friend looked at the pic and thinks it can be spliced back together but we've ordered a replacement just in case. Better safe than sorry. Wish it wasn't such a blurry pic but my phone just absolutely refused to focus. It's supposed to focus if I tap the screen in a certain spot. It would briefly go into focus and then back out before I could get a pic.
Just woke up with a charlie horse and my vision is blurry. I'll be trying to get back to sleep in a bit.

You can't really hurt the piece of cable that you showed so try stripping it back an inch, exposing the smaller wires inside without nicking them. How many wires are inside the cable?

Highup, I'm not sure. I can't really make out individual wires. Looks like it might be stranded wires. My friend thinks he can fix it if we can meet up at some point. I can get heat shrink sleeves from o'reilly's. He can splice it back together and we can borrow his gf's lighter to shrink the sleeves. The new brick should arrive next week.

Found out the people who want to adopt the dogs live over 3 hours away. The woman said she just got covid again (she's a first responder and gets exposed a lot). So we'll have to wait until she's clear to meet up. I'm willing to drive that far to rehome these dogs though. She and her husband really want them badly after seeing the pics. Said they will house train them. She doesn't mind dogs chewing stuff. She had a dog that ate expensive shoes. She wanted me to come to her house but I said it would be best to meet in a neutral location where her dogs might not feel territorial. It gives me time to clean out the truck since it should be about 2 weeks quarantine. It's raining now so I'm not going out there.

I just took my allergy meds. I need to get off my fat ass and change the HVAC filters. Even the cats are sneezing. I wish I could teach my brother to change the filters but he doesn't like having any responsibility. His shoulder is still bugging him after the fall in the shower last week.

Finally got my wireless mouse working with this computer. I had to install some drivers and turn the mouse on while some software was running to get it to sync back with its own receiver. No more wired mouse. Hooray. Wire kept getting tangled on the keyboard cord.
I wish they made a cordless version of this keyboard.

I'm using my laptop tray as a keyboard/mouse tray for now.

Rusty, she sounds like my uncle's wife. Although my uncle's wife took a class in how to use computers many years ago but the only thing she remembered was how to format a drive. She had the key to my cousin's house so she could go clean when he was at work. She decided to try to mess with his computer and when she didn't understand how to do things on it she went into DOS and did Format C:. He told her not to touch the computer while there. But apparently she couldn't stop being nosy (she used to steam open and read her daughter's mail- both outgoing and incoming). So she did it again. My cousin took away her key. My uncle planted a garden in his (my cousin's) back yard and my cousin hates outdoor stuff. Uncle then complained my cousin wasn't maintaining it. So my cousin had the whole backyard dug up and replaced with concrete so my uncle would get the hint.

If I'd been my cousin, I would have taken away the key on the first formatting.

My brother told me my friend texted him. Storm in town took my friend's internet out. His last message to me was he was out of diapers and almost out of gas. His GF is still supposed to be getting SNAP benefits but she doesn't have a working vehicle and won't go get diapers. Not sure if SNAP covers diapers though. She got rejected for food stamps and doesn't know why. Probably didn't fill something out properly. Could be bc they know she lives with someone who financially supports her and on paper he makes too much $ bc they don't factor in that his ex is getting half of his paycheck (even though the ex doesn't actually spend it on the kid). She uses it to buy candy, junkfood, and a Netflix subscription for herself. She's got another guy supporting her and has an ex-husband paying. So she's got income from 3 guys. Probably whoring around and getting $ from other guys too. When her boyfriend was out of town for work she moved another guy in with her. Bit her in the ass bc he's a thief and ended up stealing stuff when he left. He's the one who hotwired my friend's truck and ruined the steering column.

Redneck drama again.

My sister is a retired RN. She was the head nurse at a mental hospital for 20 years and then ran the local VA clinic for 5 years. She is smart, just can't catch onto computers.

Ah. I know a lot of people like that-- new tech isn't there thing. My mother is a computer science major and it took awhile just to get her to figure out how to turn a modern computer on. Mind you, she got her degree when they still used punch cards and keyboards weren't a thing. She's not dumb.

I picked my friend up and went to Panda (my favorite Chinese restaurant) and then to Sams to get diapers for the baby-- they didn't have his size in town. Grabbed some stuff for Mom, headed back to town, stopped at Autozone to get electrical tape and heat shrink sleeves. He fixed my laptop cable and I now have it charging. Dogs haven't messed with cables again. I think getting zapped taught a lesson. I hope at least.

Talked to amazon customer service about an account issue. Phone kept redirecting me to an automatic hangup. I let the person in tech chat know and they resolved my issue. They even thanked me for being respectful afterward. I guess they deal with a lot of rude irate people. I'm currently cooking yellow rice in the pressure cooker for Mom.

My lunch was good. They make the chicken sticks in a sauce with ginger.
1656883283988.png

Ugh. their. Not there. Wish I could edit. LOL.
Cats stomped all over my head last night bc kitties were out of food and my brother refused to bring the bags in from the truck. I had to go out in the middle of the night to get a bag out to feed them so they would let me sleep. Brother woke me up looking for one of the cats. Not sure where the cat was hiding but the cat came out later and hollered at my brother's door to be let in so I let him in. More than half the kitties have the sniffles & sneezes. I have to shield my face from the cat boogers. I'm trying to encourage the cats that aren't sick to stay away from the ones that are.
I'm currently trying to motivate myself to get up and do something productive.

I'm here but lurking. Measuring is making my back feel a lot better, but it's not helping my contributions here.
Looking, I drawed a picture. 😁

Attachments

• PXL_20220707_055941292.jpg
    PXL_20220707_055941292.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 31
I'm slowly progressing on the single wide that I reinforced the particle board floor on.
Doing a restretch tomorrow, then headed back down to finally start installing some plank on that job.
I probably have 50 hours screwing with that floor. It's gonna come out nice, but that's 30 more hours than I estimated, not to mention 2x4 and 2x6 material, 4 inch deck screws, 4 bags of filler, 10 tubes of poly adhesive...... most of what I didn't include when I quoted a price. I had no clue what I got myself into.
He's putting up with my short work days and slow progress, but likes what I'm doing for him to be sure the job doesn't fail.

but likes what I'm doing for him to be sure the job doesn't fail.
That’s why your name changed from lowdown to highup 😜 Nice integrity and attitude high. The success of a job has more value than the coins in your pocket.

Remember how some members had mission statements at the bottom of their posts at TFP ? Someone had a great saying on this exact subject, was that you Highup ? I wish I had a copy of them.

I think I remember Dobbys, or maybe it was a line from a post ? He was always sharing messages of encouragement. Remember this one : (paraphrased) It’s not about my work being better than yours, it’s about my work today being better than my work yesterday.

Latest posts

Back