What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually get left alone when I do floors. The only request put on me is that the owner likes to see a full piece at the exterior door so I usually bump my first row up to that wall and go from there. I suppose I coulda saved some material if I did that with this trailer but that pattern just says center me so I did.

There’s one older guy than me at work who’s been doin custom trailer builds for years. I was down on the floor doin my thing and he walks by and says ‘That’s top notch right there’. He doesn’t usually say too much, even the owner of the company was surprised by his comment so I’ll take that as a compliment.
There is an 80 year old who still installs carpet here and by himself.

CJ, that looks beautiful!
Highup, those stairs look like a pain to work with but I'm glad you have it figured out.

I'm a bit lightheaded and woozy. Sore throat, mild sinus headache, drippy nose and coughing up mucus. Itsy once again licked my forehead to comfort me and decided to let me sleep more so she curled up near me. Woke up to a cat fight this morning. I think Yasuke started it. He likes to instigate. He saw Senator Snugglebum & started casting aspersions at him. Snugglebum took umbrage and moved in closer to Yasuke's perch. He then stood on his hind legs so he could look down on him & they both grumbled at each other until one of them (not sure which) struck. It happened too fast for me to see but they were tumbling all over the room growling & snarling. Sir Hammington jumped into the fray to break it up. It seems he tackled Snugglebum. Yasuke took French leave while Hammy and Snugs faced off. They were growling & carrying on. I got up and stepped in between them. That was Snugglebum's cue to leave the room. He climbed up on the cat tree. Hammy then climbed up on a shelf and sat there grumbling for a bit. I got back into bed where Rupert climbed on me and purred.

I think I'm going to sleep today. Yesterday I ended up having to go to the store to pick up medicine and get curbside pickup order. I was going to take my brother to the Chinese place as a late birthday present but both of us feel like garbage. Last few days they've let him leave work early because he's sick. He's got a pretty cool boss who is understanding and actually cares about his health.

We have a 94 yearold here that installs hardwood every day.
I'm trying to figure out if that is some kind of innuendo.

Feeling like I'm not getting enough air. Too tired to do anything but also can't seem to get my brain to rest enough to sleep. I swept the hallway earlier but got dizzy. Need to clean litterboxes and take the trash out but my body is saying "nope".

I'm just waking up and coughing. I had a hard time getting to sleep last night because I could hear myself wheezing and my nose kept whistling. I feel like I'm getting more air today at least. I plan to watch Youtube tutorials and try to take it easy today. I was thinking of trying to take trash out but the way I stumbled going to the bathroom I might just want to rest so I don't fall down. The other day in the store I probably looked like a crackhead because the chicken noodle soup I was trying to get for Mom was on the very bottom shelf and whoever stocked the shelf had just tossed stuff on and not paid attention to what type of soup it was. The Homestyle stuff tastes awful so I was trying to find the original stuff. I was sitting on the floor grumbling to myself about how disorganized it was as I was pulling cans out and a lady saw me and asked if I needed help. She started picking cans up off the floor and putting them in the cart for me. I appreciated that, but I must have looked very strange to her. LOL. My knees made rice crispies sounds when I was getting up.

As an aside, I found a cushioned mattress pad on sale at walmart and got it for my friends. The female friend was very happy about it.
I just said the word "doggy" to see if my dog would respond. Her ears perked up and she climbed on my lap. The cats got jealous and are trying to climb on me now. LOL.

I usually get left alone when I do floors. The only request put on me is that the owner likes to see a full piece at the exterior door so I usually bump my first row up to that wall and go from there. I suppose I coulda saved some material if I did that with this trailer but that pattern just says center me so I did.

There’s one older guy than me at work who’s been doin custom trailer builds for years. I was down on the floor doin my thing and he walks by and says ‘That’s top notch right there’. He doesn’t usually say too much, even the owner of the company was surprised by his comment so I’ll take that as a compliment.
Makes the day complete when you get that kinda feedback. Well deserved. 👍

I'm just waking up and coughing. I had a hard time getting to sleep last night because I could hear myself wheezing and my nose kept whistling. I feel like I'm getting more air today at least. I plan to watch Youtube tutorials and try to take it easy today. I was thinking of trying to take trash out but the way I stumbled going to the bathroom I might just want to rest so I don't fall down. The other day in the store I probably looked like a crackhead because the chicken noodle soup I was trying to get for Mom was on the very bottom shelf and whoever stocked the shelf had just tossed stuff on and not paid attention to what type of soup it was. The Homestyle stuff tastes awful so I was trying to find the original stuff. I was sitting on the floor grumbling to myself about how disorganized it was as I was pulling cans out and a lady saw me and asked if I needed help. She started picking cans up off the floor and putting them in the cart for me. I appreciated that, but I must have looked very strange to her. LOL. My knees made rice crispies sounds when I was getting up.

As an aside, I found a cushioned mattress pad on sale at walmart and got it for my friends. The female friend was very happy about it.
I just said the word "doggy" to see if my dog would respond. Her ears perked up and she climbed on my lap. The cats got jealous and are trying to climb on me now. LOL.
My knees make rice crispy sounds too. I try to talk them out of it.

Last night my nose made the weirdest noises. Ranged from whistles to creaking door sounds to creaking floorboard sounds to cat meowing sounds and all sorts of weird stuff. I isolated which nostril it was but couldn't get it to stop. Finally got to sleep.
Woke up to the dogs barking out the window. I looked and the neighbor's two big dogs were in the yard. I went out there to greet them. I think they are both female but I couldn't get them to hold still long enough to check. White pit bull with some grayish splotches and some reddish brown mutt. I said "Hello pretty doggies!" and they wagged their tails. They rushed over & the red one jumped up on me. White one jumped on her and knocked her off of me. LOL. They both wanted me to pet them. I started walking them toward the front gate and Princess decided to run out and start yapping at them. They were twice her size but she came out like Scrappy Doo barking like she was tough. They flanked her and started sniffing her. She was clearly afraid. I distracted them so they would come back to me but she growled at them so they turned back to her. Next thing I know she was jumping into my arms like Scooby Doo. LOL. I held her partway over my shoulder and carried her back inside while she shivered like a chickenshit. I put her in my brother's room so she couldn't get out again. She apparently climbed into his lap for comfort. I went to check the dogs but they had left.

Well, not today but Saturday I tried a dish called Red Neck Nachos. It was home made potato chips topped with nacho cheese. Then add pork, Chicken or beef BBQ shredded meat, diced tomatoes, jalapenos( I opted out of those), chopped onions. and a slaw. Then Red or White sauce. I had the sauce on the side and had enough for lunch and doggie bagged for supper

1676317124516.png

That looks delicious!
Add wood flute sounds to my nose's repertoire.
I've taken some zicam and my morning vitamins. Then I cuddled with the kitties and doggies. Princess climbed in my lap and then moved to the foot of my bed and started whining. Fippy was seemingly asleep on a pillow. I asked if Princess wanted "walkies" and Fippy popped up. He started wagging his tail and spinning in circles. I thought maybe he misunderstood and wanted to go see Mom (he reacts about the same way when I ask him if he wants to "go see Mommy"). Princess was out the back door before I could get my pants on. Fippy was impatiently waiting for me and running ahead and then stopping to look back to make sure I was following. He led me to the front door and trotted outside when I opened it. Princess was already running around the yard. I followed them to the front gate and then told them to come back because they ran outside. Princess ran around in the bushes but Fippy came back. Then we wandered around the yard for a bit. I started to get lightheaded so I came back inside to lie down. It was good weather for walking though. Cool temperature but not too cold. Cloudy skies so no direct sunlight. If I wasn't sick I could have walked longer.
I'm back to lying down again. Going to drink more water and take a nap.

Have you heard about that train wreck in Ohio? That’s some nasty forever chemicals that just got released into the environment. Wonder how many people will get sick from that.
Yeah, I heard they offered people like $5 each as compensation for the ruined environment and there is probably a class action lawsuit for millions because vinyl chloride was released and can cause all sorts of health issues.

Our train system is extremely outdated & was supposed to be updated decades ago but the train companies won't do it. The US train system is an absolute joke compared to Singapore and Japan. Singapore's train technology back in the early 90s was more advanced than the tech the US has now. I think there was only one accident in 10 years involving the trains in Singapore- and it was not the fault of the the driver or train system. Some idiot operating a crane at a construction site swung around too fast and a large object dangling from the crane slammed into the tracks and train.

Thanks, MSLI.

I'm trying to stay hydrated. I just had some split pea soup. My mother is getting hit with it worse-- probably because she's in her 70s and was still weakened from the food poisoning. It probably helps that I've been on anti-inflammatory medication for my shoulder and that helps prevent too much swelling in the bronchial tubes.

I'm going to rest and then go pickup a curbside order from Walmart. I'm hoping tomorrow can be a day of not going anywhere and just resting.

Mission accomplished. A couple years ago I made a custom rug that I wanted to donate to the VA so maybe some vet could enjoy it. Well today I finally did it and also threw in another rug that I had just finished a week ago. The horse with the scene in the belly was the original one I wanted to donate, which I was offfered over a thousand dollars for and refused because of the original plan of donating it. The other is the latest greatest. I'm kind of pumped over it.
1676411876726.jpeg
1676411923851.jpeg

Latest posts

Back