What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That first step has a dark color on the leading edges. Can you explain more, or possible take a close up pic of this, and how it is done?

As said, beautiful work!
Looking more carefully, despite the technically awkward work required to fit into such a low profile nosing I really appreciate the narrowness when it comes to the miters.

That whole image would be grossly distorted by a big, fat, dark stair nose drawing all your attention towards those miter joints. As it is your focus is on the flooring material and the rest of the staircase architecture. Sad as it may be for us flooring guys we're generally NOT whan a designer wants everyone to see first and foremost.

I need to bring my power stretching poles to you guys for some TLC. When the humidity is up, they like to stick more than usual 😡

Hey ! My mid-left back area is screaming 😱 So I’m trying something different. Carry rolls of pad on my left side rather than the right. I also started cutting the pad with my none dominant hand ( left)
Also seam sealing with the left, tool pouch on the left and when I stand up, place the right leg up first…. I’m trying to balance out the spine, but it’s probably too late 😢
I'd do it with some slow exercise, not work changes.
Slow stretching is what I do every morning when I shower. I'll crank up the heat and do some slow arm stretches over my head and twisting at the same time. Stretching down to my feet then slow right and left twisting.
The heat really helps to get the muscles limbered up...
.....so I can sit my ass down and drink coffee for an hour. 😁
Those changes during work might have been a good idea starting 35 years ago and switching sides often. Switching hands might do some good to give you a new skill set. I can't write my own name left handed. 😁

I'd do it with some slow exercise, not work changes.
Slow stretching is what I do every morning when I shower. I'll crank up the heat and do some slow arm stretches over my head and twisting at the same time. Stretching down to my feet then slow right and left twisting.
The heat really helps to get the muscles limbered up...
.....so I can sit my ass down and drink coffee for an hour. 😁
Those changes during work might have been a good idea starting 35 years ago and switching sides often. Switching hands might do some good to give you a new skill set. I can't write my own name left handed. 😁

There’s something to be said about stretching and doing warm up exercises. Reminds me of the older gal on PBS that had an early morning stretching/ exercise show that would come on before Lambchop did. Now there’s an antenna TV blast from the past.

There’s something to be said about stretching and doing warm up exercises. Reminds me of the older gal on PBS that had an early morning stretching/ exercise show that would come on before Lambchop did. Now there’s an antenna TV blast from the past.
The good old days, Sheri Lewis was Lamb chops and who was the stretching 🙆‍♀️ girl.

The good old days, Sheri Lewis was Lamb chops and who was the stretching 🙆‍♀️ girl.

Don’t recall. Older lady that wore a workout suit. Leggings, spandex, unitard? Whatever you called it. Just her, a chair and her workout suit. That was a thing back then, you had to put on the proper attire for whatever task you were doing.

Jack La lane always wore a dark blue coverall suit. When I was a kid our plumber wore the same kinda coverall suit. I always thought it was weird that he wore that outfit to work out in but that was back in the age of uniforms, everybody wore some kinda uniform.

Right in the middle of this mess.

tornados.PNG

Been a busy month, put security cameras up at our church as we had some things stolen. Friday night a couple of guys parked a trailer in the lot. Modified boat trailer with finishing concrete tools. Had the sheriff out, couldn't find a vin# but said they could tow it. Today was a basketball tournament there and sometime in the afternoon the trailer is gone. We didn't know who they were so we thought about moving it or putting a lock on it.
They beat us. It's a church in the country so some people think they can just use it without saying anything.

Attachments

• 2024_03_19_17_57_40.jpg
    2024_03_19_17_57_40.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Ok CJ, here's a Deputy report. Good news.
Concrete dust must approach drywall dust on clogging ability, so I'd go for it.
I don't know what difference my larger container makes..... 16 gallon old vacuum compared to a 5 gallon bucket.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240428-134827.png
    Screenshot_20240428-134827.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 0
Rusty, I hope you are safe.

My best friend was having trouble with his washing machine and dryer. Both stopped working. He fixed the washing machine, but the outlet/adapter was the problem for the dryer. The Amazon facility in Humble Tx lost the part he needed.

The freezer is no longer freezing stuff. We've been emptying it out and it is back to making horrible noises. It's 22+yrs old so we ordered a new one.

Been busy trying to make myself stick to more of a schedule. The nurse said it was important for Mom to eat breakfast so I've been making sure she's up before noon.

Nurse gave a followup call from the hospital to ask if Mom wanted home healthcare but she declined. She said insurance might pay for me to get trained to do the home healthcare though.

Just primed the door in my bathroom and am sweating my ass off.

Ok CJ, here's a Deputy report. Good news.
Concrete dust must approach drywall dust on clogging ability, so I'd go for it.
I don't know what difference my larger container makes..... 16 gallon old vacuum compared to a 5 gallon bucket.

That’s good news. I’ve always used vacuum bags with my Ridgid vac when dealing with fine dust, otherwise the filter clogs. Those bags can get filled up quickly and need to be replaced frequently. Then you gotta buy more $$$

I dropped the money for a Mullet, couple new filters and some vac bags. Should be here in a few days. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Oh yeah, vac bags on Amazon are so much cheaper than buying a 2 pack for $23 at HD. I got a 5 pack for $19 on Amazon. I’ve ordered these bags before and they perform just as good as HD bags do. They don’t rip or have corners blow out either.

That’s good news. I’ve always used vacuum bags with my Ridgid vac when dealing with fine dust, otherwise the filter clogs. Those bags can get filled up quickly and need to be replaced frequently. Then you gotta buy more $$$

I dropped the money for a Mullet, couple new filters and some vac bags. Should be here in a few days. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Oh yeah, vac bags on Amazon are so much cheaper than buying a 2 pack for $23 at HD. I got a 5 pack for $19 on Amazon. I’ve ordered these bags before and they perform just as good as HD bags do. They don’t rip or have corners blow out either.
I think that oughta do at least as well as the Deputy and I see larger capacity and a nice way to empty it. I couldn't see a 5 gallon bucket holding a lot, especially sawdust.

Latest posts

Back