Who prepared this?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

In memory...
Supporting Member
Pro
Do you prep this?

PREP.jpg

PREP 2.jpg

Looks like moisture/alkalinity issues under there eating up whatever patch might have been down there. It's possible they did a decent prep job but there wasn't an adequate moisture treatment.

Seems like that an issue with.......EVERY job I do these days.

Demo, shot blast, moisture treatment, primer, two coats of patch.............

how come you're not done yet?

Expensive to fix.
What's the preferred moisture treatment?

The brands I'm becoming familiar with are Koster and Ardex. Right now we're using a Dependable brand on about 13K square feet of prep for sheet vinyl in a hospital. Seems like the Koster and Dependable are the same stuff while the Ardex materials are slightly different. But that could just be the colors they add to distinguish the different materials. Ardex for example has a handful of products for different degrees of problems (alkalinity and moisture) as well as different time frames. The different colors let you keep track on a job if you had to use some fast setting stuff in some areas or maybe some more heavy duty product on one section. The Koster and Dependable mix clear so it looks like a sheet of glass besides for the contour of the concrete.

Shot blasting is always required for these systems to work. I don't think I trust any of the methods that don't require shot blasting. I've used a few but they come and go REAL fast. Funny how that works. Some dude who just graduated with a degree in chemical engineering mixing up 6 gallon pails in his garage------what's his 25 year warranty worth?

Jon is an experienced floor layer, Nick.
...he most certainly left the bottles. :D

But I live a sober life these days not like I did in my younger days
The first layer who got to his favourite watering hole first had the best day :D
The police were a lot more friendlier those days not like today when they have check points everywhere

Latest posts

Back