Work referrals

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butcher

I have been a member here for nearly 1 1/2 years and have not had one referral. I know this site is over 6 years old. Has anyone here gotten any work by means of this site or the discussions here?

I ask because I am a member of 8 sites and have received work as a direct result from 3 of them.

Ths site completely changed direction a few months back. All I ever got from that other site directory was phone spam and e-mail spam. I think most installers get their work thru local references.

Seeing as how this forum has only had activity since February of this year, the original question is rather moot.

Tia & Tommy

Seeing as how this forum has only had activity since February of this year, the original question is rather moot.

Tia & Tommy

How is that an accurate statement for a forum that is 6 yrs+ old and that I joined nearly 1 1/2 yrs ago?

It seems to be a very valid question from someone who spent a lot of time creating an album and profile that has not generated a return on the investment. Whereas there are 3 others (2 if we want to exclude the obvious) that have had a return on my time involved.

I would think that a forum of this age would offer more than just conversation, but a tangible venue for the benefit of all involved, whether retailors, installers, or those who choose to DIY.

I will concede that one of the other sites that benefited me with work is a "dead" site. But it is younger than this one and did bring returns for me.

I am not dissing this site, after all I joined long before most here did. And I realize that we all want to have more than one 'billboard' to put our name on. However, my question remains.......in the many years this site has been active....how have you benefited?

Butcher asked me to post this to the closed thread. To be fair, I thought I should.

"The site that had the most rapid benefit for me is virtually dead now. But I was receiving calls and referrals in less than 2 weeks after joining.

I think it is a simple enough question. And with the replies, it appears that the answer is no.

That is not a bad thing. Just a simple question from someone who is in a work depressed area looking for new avenues and "billboards".

Please do not take it as a criticism, it is not meant to be. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back