Wth

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarisMulkin

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
I "tried" to make a post and got a thing that said I have to wait 30 seconds between posts.It was my first post. Then after the 30 seconds I got a thing that said it was a duplicate post within the last 5 minute. What kind of shit is that.

Daris

Under admin CP > spam management

It appears do for one, it does for all. Currently 30 seconds.

Minimum Time Between Posts
You may prevent your users from flooding your forum with posts by activating this feature.

By enabling floodcheck, you disallow users from making another post within a given time span of their last posting. In other words, if you set a floodcheck time span of 30 seconds, a user may not post again within 30 seconds of making his last post.

Administrators and moderators are exempt from floodcheck.

Recommended: 30 seconds. Type the number of seconds only. Enter 0 to disable this function.

I finish typing and press reply and it will tell me it's a duplicate also. Press cancel and refresh the thread and there it is. Happening quite a bit to me too.

You may prevent your users from flooding your forum with posts by activating this feature.

By enabling floodcheck, you disallow users from making another post within a given time span of their last posting. In other words, if you set a floodcheck time span of 30 seconds, a user may not post again within 30 seconds of making his last post.

Recommended: 30 seconds. Type the number of seconds only. Enter 0 to disable this function.

No one likes a smarty pants ;) jk :D

Let me get someone to check on this. Techs were checking on something yesterday afternoon.

That is not under spam management on this version of Vb. I'm looking into things.

Let me get someone to check on this. Techs were checking on something yesterday afternoon.

For me it's happening on all 3 of the iPhone apps. Flooring, home repair and plumbing. Last night it was every post for me. Other forums I'm on we're fine.
Hope this helps :)

While were delving into the system can we get the "delete" tab back on like it is over at rugertalk forums? :rolleyes:

Hav, if I go back to a post of mine on this site and click edit, there's a delete tab on rugertalk but not here. It's turned off and so then am I.

I have a delete tab...you don't?

floor.jpg

Latest posts

Back