2 living rooms did front room, now back room ?'s

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngates815

I feel like I should of started at the back room and worked all the way to the front. I did the front room with tongue starting against back wall and working from left to right.

Now...

I have the front room left to do that was separated by a half wall, but the tongue is now sticking out and I need to connect boards to that going the opposite way.

Is that a problem? I can still connect the boards, although it is a little tougher to do. Not as simple as angling the tongue in and it clicking together easily. Can I buy some type of strip to in there (it will kill the flow) or any suggestions on how to have it go back to the tongue going into groove instead of groove fitting into tongue?

Thanks.

A couple photos

Showing the first row laid going into the small gap between wall and halfwall

With board in there connecting "groove into tongue" instead of the normal "tongue into groove"

Not sure if there is some transition piece that I can put in before that board and then go back to the "tongue in groove" way of connecting or if that's not possible. This is my first time doing laminate flooring and kicking myself for not starting in the back of the house instead of the middle room to the front.

Nope, just continue with it backwards. Ive had to do entire rooms backwards, depending on how easy the locking system is to engage will dictate how easy the rest of the install will go.

Thanks for quick reply. I tried putting in a couple rows and had trouble with the 2nd row locking in, but once wife got home I had her stand on boards and worked better then put in a few rows after that and worked much easier after getting past the beginning.

Latest posts

Back