Ardex K15

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

In Remembrance
Anyone work with it before . Have 600' to do .
Did it at the class but never on a job .
Any tips would be appreciated .
PS: that P 82 primer is $182.00 a gal . No wonder they recommend plastic . :D

Nick I tried it once
We played with it instead of letting the product do its thing
It ended up like corrugated iron
For a large area you need a couple of people. One to keep mixing the product and the other pushing it around on the floor as the K15 starts to dry pretty quick
Also you need lots of buckets of water fulled to the correct amount, critical, as it takes too long to fill up the bucket to the correct height for each mix. You need new golf shoes with those spigs on them to walk through the K15

I'm using the MC rapid moisture barrier first .
I know about the shoes Jon . I bought a new pair for the class . we just sliced a slit in the bucket at one gal .
all you had to do was dip it in the water bucket and pull out . a perfect one gal with no measuring .

My concern is it seeping under the base . guess i can caulk the bottom first .

the job is 600 miles away so i really don't know what i'm dealing with till i rip up the cpt . the reason for K15 . good to 1 1/2"

Me Know . Have a few . Ardex even tipped me off to a cheaper rake that does the same job . that was nice of them . I have everything i need except a few guys that want to come to Myrtle Beach for a Barbecue & Golf .;)

We use foam tape for seepage but I'm guessing base is skirting boards so foam tape might not be the way to go. What is MC rapid moisture barrier? We have to use an additive (E 25) when we pour over a barrier

Here my old crew pouring a floor at a school. As you can see at the two mixing stations we used large rubbish bins ( Wheely Bins) to hold our water. Had a couple of Ardex reps helping out, good quality free labour:D Photos are out of order sorry, guy with the blue hat and shirt on is my brother. Photos seem huge

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

That be a good class for you Toni . if the timing is right .
The class is free , along with the room , breakfast , and lunch.

The old K15 the Rolls Royce of SLC IMO fantastic stuff hard as nails when its down so best to get it right first time as if you don't it will take some time rubbing down.
Love the pics of the guys wearing footie boots thats what I use for walking in the SLC as I'm doing it.
Its all in the mix get it right and you've got a lovely SLC that flows beautifully get it wrong and its pea soup.
I can't really add anything sounds like you've had some good advice already, be sure to work fast as it does tend to go off very quick. Keep it moving and keep it flowing. We use the foam screed barriers to as stop ends or breakoff points.

Tried to get TScheidner to tell me what makes that stuff flow and she would't. I believe it is just thinset with something to make it flow ie more water and primer mayber, with more hardener Smells the same. Costs twice as much. T posts blogs all the time at FI.com. She's the head tech guy over at Ardex http://www.flooringinstaller.com/profiles/blogs/ardex-designer-floor Don't call her a guy though.

I gotta old timer tile guy who uses thinset with lots of water to make his own SLC. ahhh crazy

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back