Armstrong FasTac LVT

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyhours

We got samples of this product last week and finally un-boxed it. I'm afraid this is a product that we will not be installing. It's peel and stick by god !!!! :flames:

Anyone had to install it yet ?? I guess it would be ok in a redo where someone lives but I wouldn't recommend it to any of my new home builders due to site conditions.

btw, how have you guys been doing? Good I hope.

Hap

Why is it such a bad product? Peel and stick has a bad reputation because of the cheap material it's usually applied to. If the adhesive is good, I can see it being a good thing.

Over the last 40 years I've installed tons of peel an stick on concrete, old - new patched skim coated over vinyl. Easy money. Not sure of the current installation method but I always used primer or flat troweled left over vct adhesive.
New CC would probably go sealer/primer/tile. Charging accordingly of course.

The product appears to be top notch, nice and heavy with a good wear layer.

The thing I'm concerned about is if the floor has sheetrock dust or paint overspray on it I'm thinking it would not adhere properly. I guess the floor could be damp mopped or primed as Ernesto stated above if dust is a concern.

Latest posts

Back