Avast

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You Missed the free bit . Try again and look at the screen closer .

I knew it would have to be free somewhere :)
Is it worth changing from Avast as it doesn't seem to cause me any trouble. The laptop which I take overseas has Avast on it that's why Orginally I was just wondering about that upgrade with Avast which I have on 2 puters
Just got another offer of 1 year protection for 3 puters
Engine Blocks viruses & spyware
Online shopping and banking with total privacy (SafetyZone)
Sandbox Safest surfing & social networking for NZ$35.00

That's your call Jon, I wasn't having any problems either . just got tired of the pop ups . I do boot faster now though , and the confuser runs faster .

That's your call Jon, I wasn't having any problems either . just got tired of the pop ups . I do boot faster now though , and the confuser runs faster .

Think I will leave everything as it is Nick and also keep my money
Those popups don't worry me too much
I just thought it could have been important going overseas
Many thanks

I wish Avast had a "loading" bar to show when it was downloading updates.
Sometimes it's my connection, but if/when Avast updates, it goes whole hog and eats up 98% of the networking graph. (network utilization)
In this graph, it shows that things are loading at the speed of light.:D I have this page loaded, so the graph shown nothing much a go'in on at this moment. Actually, stuff loads OK most of the time. Slow, but OK.

...............in the morning tho, when I start up the confuzer and as Avast loads up, it almost seems as if it (Avast) won't allow a page to be loaded until it completes it's update.
...and I don't want to wait!

MSN connection speed graph.jpg

Last edited:
I wish Avast had a "loading" bar to show when it was downloading updates.
Sometimes it's my connection, but if/when Avast updates, it goes whole hog and eats up 98% of the networking graph. (network utilization)
In this graph, it shows that things are loading at the speed of light.:D I have this page loaded, so the graph shown nothing much a go'in on at this moment. Actually, stuff loads OK most of the time. Slow, but OK.

...............in the morning tho, when I start up the confuser and as Avast loads up, it almost seems as if it (Avast) won't allow a page to be loaded until it completes it's update.
...and I don't want to wait!

You have no choice when it up dates Hi.

Latest posts

Back