Cali bamboo

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirstTimer

What are your opinions on Cali Bamboo? This is the first time we are putting Bamboo/Hardwood in our house and are leaning towards Cali Bamboo Java Fossilized for our 16x16 living room. Thanks!

Last edited:
Every bamboo manufacturers guidelines for acclimation are way off base. So be careful with that.

Thank you Ernest. Will keep that in mind. We were considering LL but all of the complaints made us a little weary

Thank you Ernest. Will keep that in mind. We were considering LL but all of the complaints made us a little weary

Absolutely, and for good reason. I've opened up some of the bamboo from there and it literally took my breathe away, smelled bad. I cant see how some people live with it, especially the strand. And how can you believe anything anyone tells you is safe thats manufactured in China and abroad.

I tell my clients if you want bamboo go natural. It comes in different stains - vertical - horizontal etc. My fav is the engineered long plank with the core being finger jointed/slats running perpindicular. I also prefer Teragren.

I do like the natural long plank with the finger jointed core, very stable. All this strand drives me nuts. It stinks and I agree with Chuck, it be ugly.

Latest posts

Back