Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read "Harrison Bergeron" by Kurt Vonnegut. It will show you what the far left wants.

"The Handicapper General and a team of agents ensure that the laws of equality are enforced. One April, fourteen-year-old Harrison Bergeron is taken away from his parents, George and Hazel, by the government. George and Hazel aren't fully aware of the tragedy. Hazel's lack of awareness is due to average intelligence."
"Designed to ensure that all Americans are perfectly equal, the handicapping devices are visual symbols of the power of the totalitarian government, and they demonstrate the perverse underbelly of valuing equality above all else: enforced equality leads to the suppression of individuality, the disfigurement and torture ..."

Someone please help the Democratic party to become what it used to be.
Republicans need help to, but Republicans never go off the deep end like these idiots do. Anyway enjoy the new narrative of 2021.
There are no such things as moms anymore, the Democrats introduced to you, the new terminology, "birthing people". 🤣😭🥱🤔😆😣😣😣😣😣😣💩🥴💁🛌🧑‍🍼👪
.....sorry, I'm at a loss for words.
I hope that everyone's birthing mother's have a fantastic weekend. 👍

So here is the intellectual argument for the change in the term, as obviously missed by Ben Shapiro because well, to argue a logical point even if you have a divergent belief would not garner page views;

The term birthing people is used to denote the actual birthing of children. These are not necessarily mothers in the conventional family sense. There are surrogates, involuntary pregnancy, mistaken pregnancy and births that are offered to adoption. While I would find the term lunacy in and of its entirety there is a small logical reasoning behind it. No one is trying to remove women from the situation even if the necessity for such inane definitions is obviously less than zero. One should focus more on the ideology behind what would motivate someone to perpetuate such a term as to the actual use of the term itself.

I use to really like Shapiro however of late he has become more of a right wing anger piece than he was a few years ago. Like most people he panders to his audience. It is a shame that most of these individuals become nothing more than "entertainers" in our media landscape where as at one time they mostly had a lot of fairly decent points.

One thing you have to give the left, at least they tell people their talking heads are entertainment. You find most of them on Comedy Central :)

The problem is it looks like they're going to be changing the word "mother" into "birthing device" at some point. I'm just going to wait to see if the press picks up on this new terminology and tries to make it become a standard term replacing the word mom or mother.
Birthing mother may be an appropriate term for a surrogate mother....... But we already have the term surrogate mother.

LOL
You know, you just illustrating my point highup. Is a surrogate a mother by definition?? Not according to the Oxford Dictionary at least it its current form.
Now don't get me wrong, I am of the opinion that "birthing person" is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard however one either needs to reestablish the terminology mother or create a new term for the word.
All of this is moot to argue, but it is fun and perhaps sheds a little more light on a topic I literally had zero interest in before 5:54 am this morning. Now I am interested to understand WTF would drive someone to make this distinction.
Is it the ever expanding terminology for the word mother?
Is it something to pass the time seeing as covid has made everyones social life a shambles
Maybe it is further proof that people really do have too much time on their hands and nothing constructive to do about it

I don't know what it is, but I am intrigued.

When I heard Ben's show and the clips he showed of the women using that term...... I immediately had to roll my eyes and think...... ya got to be kidding. 🥴
It's kind of like this:

https://thepostmillennial.com/congr...-and-others-relating-to-family-relationships/
If someone prefers the term parents instead of mother and father....... Then let them use that term.
To attempt to remove the terms that define male and female or mothers and fathers....... It's just another step to ruin our country. Tell the whiners to just get over it.
What the left is trying to do if to make every single person in the United States get a gold star or a participation certificate instead of winning and losing. That's done to make everyone feel "equal"
....... Well that's not a way to create leaders or business owners or football coaches. If you don't get rewarded for working hard, being first, being the best and being on top.... IE: winners, then we are doomed. We are creating a nation of woosies and whiners.

Anybody watching VaxLive on tv?
Me neither. 😁
Actually I have washed a few minutes of it. Thousands of people gather together in and auditorium or a mass and yelling and screaming and whipping it up. If you're wearing a mask and you're yelling and screaming and whooping it up like I just watched on TV, do all the droplets stay inside your mask?
....... I stayed at a Holiday in 20 years ago......
I'm guessing when you're yelling screaming and singing that drop us will go well beyond your little blue mask.
Remember when Donald Trump got reamed a new one because he didn't wear a mask while standing at the podium in the White House?
On this VaxLive broadcast, everyone speaking at the event is not wearing a mask. Not even Prince Harry.
At the beginning I watch Joe and Jill Biden explain to you how important it is to wear a mask. If it was simply for symbolism like they trashed Donald Trump for, why did Joe and Jill not wear a mask to simply get the point across?
Total waste of air time. That said I'm glad the three stooges is on so I have something to watch.
.....I take that back, Svengoolie is on.
Sorry I got to go.🕺

Any of you Oregonians remember moonlight theater on KPTV. How about Kelly Love. She made the news worth watching on a Sunday morning.
Damn I'm too far down on the south coast. Don't remotely recall Kelly love.
I do recall Captain Shipwreck on Saturday mornings. 😁

I was never into wrestling but I remember like yesterday some of these guys.
https://www.oregonlive.com/O/2010/09/portland_wrestling_lit_up_earl.htmlwe lived at the side of what's called telegraph Hill in Coos Bay. 200 ft down the driveway was the national guard armory. When those famous Portland wrestlers came to town, we could just walk to the end of the driveway and stare through the Windows. So cool to see fame, litterally in your front yard.

Man Portland wrestling was the shit. Even went and saw it live for one of my buddy’s birthday party. Supposedly it came back and was held at some place off McLaughlin in Milwauke but it will never be the same as when I was a kid cus it was real back then:cool: Here in NC they have midget wrestling. Now that I have got to see.

I used to watch Ramblin Rod every morning before school.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back