Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember him knocking on the TV screen saying wake up to a happy day. And his stupid free hair cut. That’s when the tv commercials were way louder than the tv show you fell asleep to. Tom Peterson (and Gloria’s too) was a straight up pimp even if his furniture was cheap crap. There’s a mural of him painted on a garage? between the McDonalds and his old showroom on 82nd n foster. Free is a very good price.

Is this what the liberals want? This city (Glendora) is 3 towns west of me. You can sense their frustration with this particular crime report. Oh, the suspect is black. Can I even say that out loud?
On Wednesday, April 29th, at about 8:28 a.m., our officers responded to a call of a male who was attempting to break into a vehicle in the 1400 block of South Grand Ave. When we arrived, we contacted Dijon Landrum, M/24, from Monterey Park, as he was attempting to drive away in a stolen vehicle. (The vehicle had been stolen out of East Los Angeles.) In addition to driving a stolen vehicle, he had stolen property and narcotics with him. Landrum was arrested. Due to the California Zero-Bail Policy, he was issued a citation and released.

Approximately one hour after Landrum was released, at about 2:20 p.m., we received a call of unknown male in the area of Bennett and Pennsylvania. This male was carrying a box, and was walking through front yards of residences. It appeared that the male was placing items in this box as he was walking through the properties. When we arrived, we contacted Dijon Landrum a second time, and it appeared he had property in his possession that did not belong to him. Due to the California Zero-Bail Policy, he was issued a citation, and the property was recovered by our officers.

Several hours later, at 8:49 p.m., we received a call of a vehicle that had just been stolen out of a parking lot in the 1300 block of South Grand Ave. Our officers were able to track the vehicle and found it westbound on the 10 freeway in the area of La Puente. With assistance from outside agencies (LA County Sheriffs and California Highway Patrol), they located the vehicle and a pursuit began. The pursuit ultimately ended in Pasadena, and Dijon Landrum was again arrested for being in possession of a stolen vehicle, and also for evading officers. Due to the California Zero-Bail Policy, Landrum was released with his third citation of the day.

We want to thank all of the citizens that helped with this investigation, particularly those that called when they noticed something suspicious. If anyone has any additional information regarding any of these investigations, or noticed any suspicious activity on home surveillance cameras during that time frame that may be related, please contact our dispatch at 626-914-8250.

#CrimePreventionIsATeamSport

President Biden issued six executive actions on guns last month, and though they did not go nearly as far as gun control activists would like, they helped spur additional growth in gun sales.

The FBI reported it conducted over 3.5 million background checks in April, up 21% from last year and the most it's ever done for that month since it began keeping records in the late 1990s.

What I think is crazy. Biden would like for you to be able to sue a gun owner and manufacturer if a gun is stolen and used in a crime. What if a car is stolen and used in a crime? Could you sue GM? What if someone steals a computer and uses it for Ransomware? Could you sue Dell?

What I think is crazy. Biden would like for you to be able to sue a gun owner and manufacturer if a gun is stolen and used in a crime. What if a car is stolen and used in a crime? Could you sue GM? What if someone steals a computer and uses it for Ransomware? Could you sue Dell?

Im waiting for the day when you can sue somebody for being stupid even if they didn’t do anything wrong.

Do other countries (Canada?) have gun violence like we do here? I figured they were so polite that the need or desire to shoot somebody just never arose. Maybe it just too cold. I know what my straight edge feels like when I pull it out of my van on a cold assed day. Can’t imagine a gun is any warmer.

So you’re saying that self defense is not an acceptable defense?

Im waiting for the day when you can sue somebody for being stupid even if they didn’t do anything wrong.

Do other countries (Canada?) have gun violence like we do here? I figured they were so polite that the need or desire to shoot somebody just never arose. Maybe it just too cold. I know what my straight edge feels like when I pull it out of my van on a cold assed day. Can’t imagine a gun is any warmer.

So you’re saying that self defense is not an acceptable defense?
Not according to the Canadian. He said it is illegal to be prepared to defend yourself.

You cannot shoot a person even to defend your own life.

It is entirely legal in Canada to defend your life by taking someone's life but you had damn well better hope you can prove there was no other option available to you at the time.

As for being prepared to defend ones self, I can assure you that is legal here as well. I am prepared to defend myself at all times.

Do other countries (Canada?) have gun violence like we do here?

Simply stated, No.
A "mass murder" firearms incident here is when more than one person gets murdered. We own lots of guns in Canada, nothing like in America but there is literally no country on earth where the general population owns even half of the firearms that American's own.... except maybe Serbia.

There is a possibility that I do not know what "prepared to defend yourself" means but if it means I am able to kill someone I believe is trying to kill me than by all respect to Mr. Bob, yes, he is full of it.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...for-man-accused-of-killing-colten-bushie.htmlAs much as I believe that trial was a miscarriage of justice, it goes to show how easily one can be acquitted of second degree murder or for that manslaughter in Canada. This guy wasn't even in imminent danger.

Of if you want it straight from the horses mouth
https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/other-autre/rsddp-rlddp/p5.html

American's aren't a people to argue with, you are likely to get shot :p
Kidding aside, there is definitely a more stringent burden of proof than is required in a lot of the United States but pound for pound our laws are not much different. We even removed the necessity some time ago to consider the ability to leave a situation as a determining factor, something that could be loosely equated to "stand your ground" legislation in America. America really has a lot of the same laws on paper as Canada in a lot of regards but their interpretations are usually a bit different.

I like to argue with anyone I think isn't right. Either I prove them wrong, or learn something interesting along the way. That is basically a no lose situation :)
Sometimes I prove myself wrong, but that is learning, so i win LOL

There is a possibility that I do not know what "prepared to defend yourself" means but if it means I am able to kill someone I believe is trying to kill me than by all respect to Mr. Bob, yes, he is full of it.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...for-man-accused-of-killing-colten-bushie.htmlAs much as I believe that trial was a miscarriage of justice, it goes to show how easily one can be acquitted of second degree murder or for that manslaughter in Canada. This guy wasn't even in imminent danger.

Of if you want it straight from the horses mouth
https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/other-autre/rsddp-rlddp/p5.html
I'd be the worst person you can pick for a jury trial. I wasn't there and saw it happen....... Somebody's probably going to walk. 😄

I would hope so. Otherwise the gun issue is racist and others are not.
I'm sorry everything is racist these days. 😄

I remember him knocking on the TV screen saying wake up to a happy day. And his stupid free hair cut. That’s when the tv commercials were way louder than the tv show you fell asleep to. Tom Peterson (and Gloria’s too) was a straight up pimp even if his furniture was cheap crap. There’s a mural of him painted on a garage? between the McDonalds and his old showroom on 82nd n foster. Free is a very good price.
I forgot about that.
WAKE UP! WAKE UP! 😁

What if, say someone steals an election? Could that SOB be sued?

What if, say someone steals an election? Could that SOB be sued?
I think that has to do with regulating the media. You can't have the major four or five media organizations promoting one candidate or opposing one candidate. Can you imagine the fake media ignoring the fake Russian scandal and then at every single opportunity, highlighting stories of Joe bumbling his words and getting lost halfway through a sentence?
You think that would have slightly changed the election results? 🤔

Latest posts

Back