Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice 👍 😜 High, and that is true.

Yesterday I had a heated discussion with someone discussing ‘ Respect ‘ ….. I was promoting giving respect as a gift and he was promoting it as being earned. Turns out, after some research, both are true. However, He felt like I was being judgmental and In a way it was , because all disagreements have an element of judging. So ! Ironically , that’s why it’s so important to judge less, even towards judgmental opposition. 🤪 That way the most important aspect of Freedom of Speech ‘ Civil discussion ‘ stays intact.

Imho FOS, is broke, why not put 5 conservatives 5 liberals and 5 others in a room to draw up an amendment promoting ‘ Civil Expression ‘ otherwise our current mentor’s will continue the status quo and we will follow. The Media will most certainly lag behind, but it’s up to our Government to Start the mending ! amendment 😎
...order in the court room.... here comes the judge, here comes the judge.

Last edited:
My favorite YouTube "talk show" has been banned for two weeks because their guest, Kari Lake (Arizona's naxt governor), said she didn't think the 2020 election results in one state were accurate.
......because of the YouTube rules about elections and "disinformation" the Louder with Crowder daily show has been banned.
........yet this has not been removed. Start at the .55 second point.

In plain sight.
Too many people choose blindness even tho sight is a choice that they have available ...open your eyes and reality is right there looking back at you.
Global warming as if "the earth is on fire" ?
......that's stupid talk promoted by people that can't face reality.
A graph can show whatever you want it too.
Take a recipe card and face it vertically. Draw a line from the bottom left to the top right corner.
Now position a second card horizontally and draw a line from bottom left to top right.
The line you drew on both cards represents an increase in temperature of one degree Fahrenheit over a period of 75 years.
Visually, which card looks more alarming? It's not the temperature, it's not the time period, it represents who drew the graph and their methodology when scaring you....... or attempting to. 😉
We are humans, we adapt. Better get used to it because no human can build a thermostat to control the temperature of the earth.

Last edited:
Can’t stop a virus from comin into the country but if you just pay a little more money we can control the climate. Mmm hmm.

Good point, High, about statistics and how easily they can be manipulated. Gotta create that fear cus fear is what sells. Fear and convenience and I’m guessing you already have a spin mop.

Homeless people emit CO2. Get rid of the homeless and now you’re helping solve two problems at the same time. We could tell em they all won a free cruise then sink the ship. What? It’s not like we will miss them and if we call it reef building we’ll get green credits for doing it.

Ok, so you’re not into recycling people. What if we did a prisoner exchange type deal. For every brown person coming North we send a homeless person South. Can’t be that bad of a trade for us cus at least the ones coming North are looking for a job. Give ‘em their counterparts SS# and now they’re paying taxes into the system. How long until Mexico decides to finish the wall themselves.

Option 3 is we send the homeless to Ukraine along with a few dozen circus cannons. The Ukrainians can launch the homeless at the Russians. Or you just let them live in Ukraine and eventually the Russians will think the place is a dump and move on to some other country. I do like the cannon idea though. Prolly need some sort of shopping cart tosser to go with it as well.

They were claiming we were having a record heat wave. Local meteorologist said no, 6th hottest. I remember 1954. 13 days in a row over 100. Hottest summer "since they began keeping records".

Can’t stop a virus from comin into the country but if you just pay a little more money we can control the climate. Mmm hmm.

Good point, High, about statistics and how easily they can be manipulated. Gotta create that fear cus fear is what sells. Fear and convenience and I’m guessing you already have a spin mop.

Homeless people emit CO2. Get rid of the homeless and now you’re helping solve two problems at the same time. We could tell em they all won a free cruise then sink the ship. What? It’s not like we will miss them and if we call it reef building we’ll get green credits for doing it.

Ok, so you’re not into recycling people. What if we did a prisoner exchange type deal. For every brown person coming North we send a homeless person South. Can’t be that bad of a trade for us cus at least the ones coming North are looking for a job. Give ‘em their counterparts SS# and now they’re paying taxes into the system. How long until Mexico decides to finish the wall themselves.

Option 3 is we send the homeless to Ukraine along with a few dozen circus cannons. The Ukrainians can launch the homeless at the Russians. Or you just let them live in Ukraine and eventually the Russians will think the place is a dump and move on to some other country. I do like the cannon idea though. Prolly need some sort of shopping cart tosser to go with it as well.
Is your name on a ballot somewhere? I'd temporarily relocate to vote for you legally.

They were claiming we were having a record heat wave. Local meteorologist said no, 6th hottest. I remember 1954. 13 days in a row over 100. Hottest summer "since they began keeping records".
Next time the hottest day on record comes up google some weather history on the day or two prior and after. One record setting day doesn mean anything if the hottest prior day occurred 50 years earlier.

Why your electric rates are going up so much in California.
..... because I bought an 8" adjustable wrench manufactured by J H Williams & co.
On the reverse side of the handle, was stamped Sandiego Gas and Electric Co.
Being a very old wrench, I looked it up. In my search, this appeared.

Why did my energy bill recently go up? | San Diego Gas & Electric

On their site, I discovered why their electric rates have increased.
They explain that 24% of their cost is mandates by the state.
They go on to thank everyone for their conservation efforts..........
.......and that the public is causing the need for less electricity from SDG&E.
You see, when you use less, the rates go up.
I'm guessing poor people are most affected, because they can't afford solar panels.

I'm sorry now that I bought that old wrench and caused the rates to go up.
I'd think of there was less need for electricity because more people were going off grid, there would be less need for people, equipment and maintenance.

I am not a religious person, but sometimes. Lightning struck a Catholic church in Ft Scott, Ks. built in 1870 and caught the roof on fire. The roof is gone, but none of the statuary was damaged and not one stain glass window was broken. The brick walls are solid and they plan to restore it.

Biden's speech tonight was a real nothingburger. He's was better than average as far as the stuttering and garbled, confused syntax. There just wasn't anything there I could wrap my mind around. Mostly it came off to me as a partisan pep talk.

He is listening to his minions, and holding firm on his attacks.
he was actually scolding the Republicans, instead of apologizing to 50% of the population.
I'm afraid he doesn't understand he is stoking the flame for a civil war.
I'm ready.

Today's rant...

Going on day # 8 with record triple digit temperatures. My email is being blasted by my electric company stating my demand is 200% of normal, the city is warning me about my excess water usage, and today the electric company is on TV stating today is the day there will be massive brown outs, and although our idiot governor and super idiot president proclaimed we would be gas operated car "FREE" by 2035, our idiot governor has demanded that we do not charge our electric cars during peak energy usage hours, which he wants you to believe runs from 0400 through 0359 the following day. So we have one minute to charge our electric cars. That's ok, is you are illegal or black or brown, we will send you free money, EBT cards, free milk and eggs, free transportation, but whities need not apply.

And reading the paper today, jump the border fence and you get free medical insurance. Again, if you were white and born in this country, try getting free insurance.

https://www.sgvtribune.com/2022/09/...-ensure-all-immigrants-have-health-insurance/

3FAE04E6-F7EC-40B5-BFC1-6216CFD5E441.jpeg

Latest posts

Back