Dust extraction

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaeljftsmith

Does anyone have a Bosch 9 or 14 gallon dust extractor hooked up to a dust deputy? I'm having a hard time finding the right size hoses to connect the dust deputy to the vacuum and wondering what any of you have done or recommendations what I can do. I'm probably making it harder than what it actually is. Thanks for any help.

I haven't used my fist deputy yet, but I've mounted in the top of a retired 16 gallon Craftsman vac. Your hooking a dust extractor to a dust extractor?
Is this for shop use or taken to job sites?

I found this:
https://www.oneida-air.com/dust-dep...anti-static-dust-deputy-diy-cyclone-separatorI looked up the Bosch "vacuum cleaner" ( I guess the description justifies the high price tag) 😁
I watched a video and it sounds like a fantastic unit. Is yours self cleaning?
I simply added the paper bags to my Craftsman shop vac and even this "low rent" addition added tremendously to the life of the pleated filter. I'm not at all scared to use this combo inside someones home.
That's why I haven't used the Deputy yet.

Last edited:
I'll be using it at job sites when grinding thinset after tearing out tile. I heard it was good to connect the deputy to the extractor vacuum to extend the life of the vac and filter especially HEPA filters and that's what's on my Bosch vacuum. Just trying to keep dust down as much as possible when working in peoples homes. Is this too redundant?

I found this:
https://www.oneida-air.com/dust-dep...anti-static-dust-deputy-diy-cyclone-separatorI looked up the Bosch "vacuum cleaner" ( I guess the description justifies the high price tag) 😁
I watched a video and it sounds like a fantastic unit. Is yours self cleaning?
I simply added the paper bags to my Craftsman shop vac and even this "low rent" addition added tremendously to the life of the pleated filter. I'm not at all scared to use this combo inside someones home.
That's why I haven't used the Deputy yet.
Yeah mine is self cleaning

I'll be using it at job sites when grinding thinset after tearing out tile. I heard it was good to connect the deputy to the extractor vacuum to extend the life of the vac and filter especially HEPA filters and that's what's on my Bosch vacuum. Just trying to keep dust down as much as possible when working in peoples homes. Is this too redundant?
Redundant is only bad if you're working a new apartment complex. 😁

Yeah mine is self cleaning
I'm all for saving the vac filters. I'm betting the Bosch fleece filters are s bit spend?
That said, if you could remove a large portion of the dust with the Deputy, that would be a win.
I've seen videos where guys take a pvc fitting that "almost" fits, then shrinks it slightly by sawing through it. Taking and reducing the diameter around 1/8" via a simple saw kerf might be a cure for a fitment problem.

I'm all for saving the vac filters. I'm betting the Bosch fleece filters are s bit spend?
That said, if you could remove a large portion of the dust with the Deputy, that would be a win.
I've seen videos where guys take a pvc fitting that "almost" fits, then shrinks it slightly by sawing through it. Taking and reducing the diameter around 1/8" via a simple saw kerf might be a cure for a fitment problem.
The Bosch came with a fleece filter bag and a HEPA pleated filter. I figure I might just have to MacGyver something. Thanks

The Bosch came with a fleece filter bag and a HEPA pleated filter. I figure I might just have to MacGyver something. Thanks
There are also videos where guys expand pvc by heating it and stretching it over another piece the same diameter...... making a fitting out of the pipe itself.
For for fine tuning, Gorilla tape and electrical tape work.
....less cool factor but gets it done.

There are also videos where guys expand pvc by heating it and stretching it over another piece the same diameter...... making a fitting out of the pipe itself.
For for fine tuning, Gorilla tape and electrical tape work.
....less cool factor but gets it done.
So I went scavenger hunting around my house and found some vacuum parts that actually fit and work out pretty well! I'm always quick to think that I have to go out and buy parts before I check out what I have around the house. Glad I checked first this time. Now I feel dumb that I even posted anything lol. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️. Thanks for your help and suggestions still!

I only find the old parts I need a week or two after I buy new stuff.
Glad you asked the question. I didn't know I could trade my truck for a vacuum cleaner.
...and it's faster than my truck. 😁

Latest posts

Back