Flooring pictures

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in a business 100 miles from here recently where I installed some ugly green carpet behind the counter in the 80s. It was still there and now even uglier.

Here's one I did well over 15 years ago. Just happened to be in the neighborhood so I stopped in to check out my work. What I take most pride in is how well these jobs hold up when the general contractor really applies modern technology and institutes the highest construction standards and then the end user follows all the suggested maintenance procedures.
So you're saying that it did get waxed once? :D

So you're saying that it did get waxed once? :D

The GC hired a concrete guy to mix sand and cement and pour over the existing slab the depth of 2x4s on the short side-----about 1 1/2" throughout. No moisture barrier and we're maybe a mile from the ocean. The screed NEVER dried and he instructed me to lay over it anyways with minimal prep.

I held off nearly a month. He was calling me every week and I just wouldn't show up. Eventually, I think I wasn't working so I went down there and blasted out the whole market in 3-4 days with a helper. 30 cents a foot------tail light warranty. It was just under 20K square feet if I recall correctly. So I walked out of there with about $5-6K only owing my helper a couple days pay. I furnished NOTHING but labor.

Did nearly a hundred stores for this GC before I couldn't take it anymore. Some stores were a breeze. Others were horror stories. He bought white patch and wouldn't even supply latex additive. One size fits all piece work. He wouldn't budge on price....take it or leave it.

I needed the money.

Last edited:
I once loose laid felt back vinyl in 80 apt. kitchens over busted up gypcrete. Put plastic 1/4 down with a tacker, did them in 8 days by myself.

I once loose laid felt back vinyl in 80 apt. kitchens over busted up gypcrete. Put plastic 1/4 down with a tacker, did them in 8 days by myself.

There's a point in a man's life where he just.......takes the MONEY and runs.

Not proud of any of that except that I've been there......went down the road all the way to see where it leads.

Just look at those pictures of the 99CentsOnly store.

That's where it leads.

i once loose layed sheet vinyl over glued down commercial carpet---the guy wouldnt pay the extra 20 bucks to move the fridge---he ruined it by the time i got my tools in the van

Went into a house once a "carpenter" had installed underlayment over rubberback carpet with roofing nails. H.O. wanted $40 yd vinyl installed over it. I refused and made them mad.

11046843_795687960517827_8308079506388496408_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back