Flooring pictures

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the optical illusion flooring. I wonder if they make area rugs like that. Would be fun to prank some friends.

Wipe it to while you are at it .. $200.00 Blow out charge and they stop sending you on jobs that aren't ready .. That is on the store .. :mad:

Sheesh! The only time I didn't move stuff out of the way when we had the flooring guy come in was when I couldn't move the stuff myself and I let him know in advance that I had a heavy-ass desk and a couch that would need to be moved. He didn't charge. In all of the other rooms, I removed the old flooring and swept the floors so they wouldn't have to. I took out the old nasty carpet from the bathrooms and scraped the nasty residue off of the floor. Flooring guy was appreciative.

I drove over an hour to get there.
We were supposed to install tack strip and pad (Monday) and install the carpet Wednesday ( today)
Some jerk showed up and moved all the stuff. We tacked and padded the area .
Now the carpet never showed up and I’m sitting Home today 🤬
Had a nice $2,600 hardwood ( side job) I could have done these two days.
We haven’t done any work for this
Contractor in 2 years but , his jobs are always all f’ed up.

Funny how backwards some contractors are, Don. Imagine the drywall guy coming back to texture and paint with new carpet on the floor. The ceilings too. What a masking job that's gonna be. And ya wonder why it takes so long to build a house.:rolleyes:

Funny thing was about an hour after we got there the painter, then the sheetrock taper shows up.
They worked in other areas while we stripped and padded the rooms.
They were supposed be done with the painting before we showed up today.
Now , that it is put off one week , I’m wondering if I gonna show up to find baseboard installed on top of my tack strip.
I told the guy that works for the contractor that the baseboard cannot be installed until the carpeting is finished
We will see

Funny thing was about an hour after we got there the painter, then the sheetrock taper shows up.
They worked in other areas while we stripped and padded the rooms.
They were supposed be done with the painting before we showed up today.
Now , that it is put off one week , I’m wondering if I gonna show up to find baseboard installed on top of my tack strip.
I told the guy that works for the contractor that the baseboard cannot be installed until the carpeting is finished
We will see

If the base is installed, you rip it down and toss it into the garage, and don't mark which room or separate by room.

The contractor not planning things in sensible order is one of the reasons I stopped watching a few of the home reno programs on TV. Like, some moron had the landscaping done before they had heavy machinery come in and do digging and other stuff-- which ruined the landscaping so it had to be done over again.

straight

stairs.png

I drove over an hour to get there.
We were supposed to install tack strip and pad (Monday) and install the carpet Wednesday ( today)
Some jerk showed up and moved all the stuff. We tacked and padded the area .
Now the carpet never showed up and I’m sitting Home today 🤬
Had a nice $2,600 hardwood ( side job) I could have done these two days.
We haven’t done any work for this
Contractor in 2 years but , his jobs are always all f’ed up.

This kind of thing seems to be happening more often these days. We just implemented a new contract for customers to sign. If we send an installer out and the job isn’t ready it costs the customer $175. $150 to the installer, $25 to the store for having to waste a salespersons time rescheduling. There’s no waiting around for people to move things either. If you aren’t ready you pay more.

The best thing about all of this ,is the carpet still did not come in.👍🏼
He was demanding that the carpet be installed tomorrow.
I told the store, to tell him to pound it.
I’m off until Tuesday.
Every job I have done for this guy is a filthy mess.
I know the contractor was counting on getting the c.o. and getting his last payment before Christmas.
I hope he has the worst Christmas ever.
He is a jerk.

Latest posts

Back