gas prices

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Texas gouging

21034729_1421969327856575_5912187342798146557_n.jpg

They love hurricanes. Plus they religiously have a catastrophic failure at a refinery every few years to raise prices.
Pictures you won't see is the backlog of oil tankers waiting to be unloaded in the gulf.

If something caused you to shut down for a week and loose 5 or 20 billion dollars, would you just absorb it? They still have employees, shut down costs to pay and ramping up other refineries and alternative distribution routes mean a lot of impromptu overtime.
..just sayin' as much as we hate em, they gotta make a buck especially with prices as cheap as they are now. It just ain't that simple. We have no idea whatsoever how much this shut dawn costs them.......... unless you have some insider info we don't know about.
You'd probably like em to stay in operation, hoping for a spill so you can yap because they didn't shut down. Can't have it both ways. :D

Last edited:
Texas gouging
I'd like to see how much of that price is the retailer/dealer.
If the prices remained the same as it was a few days ago, people would probably buy more than they need and create an even larger shortage making havoc for the rest of the people who wanted to buy just a couple of gallons.............. just rationalizin' ;)

After 9/11, one of our local stations tripled his prices. The state fined him thousands for price gouging. People refused to buy from him again and he went out of business.

After 9/11, one of our local stations tripled his prices. The state fined him thousands for price gouging. People refused to buy from him again and he went out of business.

We had that here also and it was a bunch of stations.
I just read on one of the news sites{MSN} that they said gas prices would increase by maybe 20%. Shit they go up more than that every other week. Goes down then back up again usually about .30. :machine gun:

Daris

You'd probably like em to stay in operation, hoping for a spill so you can yap because they didn't shut down. Can't have it both ways. :D

I wonder how much they will save when they intentionally dump the chemical soup (waste) refineries have to pay to clean up. Kinda like waste water from Nuke plants.

You know that shit is happening right now.:shooting:

I wonder how much they will save when they intentionally dump the chemical soup (waste) refineries have to pay to clean up. Kinda like waste water from Nuke plants.

You know that shit is happening right now.:shooting:
..actually, I don't know that. ;) I shy away from blogs that start such chatter.
.....where are they dumping all that "chemical soup" and how come the government is turning a dear ear ...and deaf eyes?
I suppose the companies are paying the top brass at EPA to keep silent? :ghost:

Well, if you remember, Obama issued an order to keep the mining companies from dumping waste in streams and lakes. Trump overturned that order. Polluters have a friend in Trump.
Obama issued order so extreme to put companies he didn't like to put them out of business... like coal.
Overturning some regulations doesn't mean they now have free license to dump anything they want, anywhere they please. It just resets over regulation back to the pre Obama era. Still heavily regulated.

Obama issued order so extreme to put companies he didn't like to put them out of business... like coal.
Overturning some regulations doesn't mean they now have free license to dump anything they want, anywhere they please. It just resets over regulation back to the pre Obama era. Still heavily regulated.

But they can dump waste in streams. More like the Nixon era.

What EPA? You mean Scott Pruitt? The guy who hates the EPA and now runs it? Yes he is getting paid to run it into the dump.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science...cially-gets-a-new-leader-scott-pruitt/517176/
Might as well have used something from the Washington Post.:D
Nothing in the article bothers me.
But they can dump waste in streams. More like the Nixon era.
No more generalities.
Name the chemicals.
What are the currently deemed safe percentages of said chemicals?
How much will that percentage change under Trumps EPA director?
Will that level still be at or below pre-Obama safe levels.............. If at or below, then an increase is still safe, so it's not an issue.
Name the percentages that were allowed before Obama, during Obama and after Obama if Pruitt makes changes.
You can't just say.. "they can dump waste in streams" That doesn't have any substance to debate. Cherry Coke or PCB's?

I Googled nonsense and paranoia and nothing came up about dumping unsubstantiated chemicals in unknown quantities.
... not even who dumped them and who reported the chemicals being dumped.
.........ABC, NBC, CBS, Dateline MSNBC, 60 minutes don't even know about these criminal events. You ought to give em a phone call and fill em in. :D

Last edited:
The law Obama enacted was passed ....as he was packing the car to leave leave the Whitehouse.

.......so after 8 years in office this suddenly became important?
Stream Protection Rule'' (published at 81 Fed. Reg. 93066 (December 20, 2016
Must have been really, really important. (to put the another nail in the coffin for our largest source of energy)
You seriously don't think for the past 75 years there have been no regulations on what can and can't be allowed to flow into streams.
....they can dump anything they want? ....any amount they want? ...at any time of year? (meaning stream flow levels)
The coal companies are now totally unregulated? :eek:

Last edited:
The law Obama enacted was passed ....as he was packing the car to leave leave the Whitehouse.

.......so after 8 years in office this suddenly became important?
Stream Protection Rule'' (published at 81 Fed. Reg. 93066 (December 20, 2016
Must have been really, really important. (to put the another nail in the coffin for our largest source of energy)
You seriously don't think for the past 75 years there have been no regulations on what can and can't be allowed to flow into streams.
....they can dump anything they want? ....any amount they want? ...at any time of year? (meaning stream flow levels)
The coal companies are now totally unregulated? :eek:

Oh I thought you couldn't find anything? LOL

Latest posts

Back